75 days until we sail (or don't sail)

CineGraphic

Our July 3rd cruise on The Caribbean Princess is now just 75 days away, and I did something I haven't done in over a year.....print our boarding passes and luggage tags. Actually, it's been several years since I've printed boarding passes as our last few cruises have all been Medallion Class.

At this point, nobody has been able to get "Ocean Ready" on the Medallion app, as I'm sure the last thing they want to do is spend money to ship Medallions for a cruise that might not sail.

• Like 4

15 days ... until final payments start coming due on those July cruises ( didn't you go ahead and pay?)

what will Princess do ?

1) extend the due date again ? 45 days ... 30 days ?

2) let cruisers make final as currently scheduled ?

3) Pause # ____

next 2 weeks are crucial if those cruises are going to happen as scheduled - which I certainly hope the do 🥃 🏁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Our July 3rd cruise on The Caribbean Princess is now just 75 days away, and I did something I haven't done in over a year.....print our boarding passes and luggage tags. Actually, it's been several years since I've printed boarding passes as our last few cruises have all been Medallion Class.

At this point, nobody has been able to get "Ocean Ready" on the Medallion app, as I'm sure the last thing they want to do is spend money to ship Medallions for a cruise that might not sail.

I spoke to a Princess Representative who deals with the Medallion app and she informed me a new version of the app is coming out in May which may explain why you can’t access “Ocean Ready.”  

Princess will notify everyone once the new version is released so we can upload to our devices. 

• Like 5

Hasn't management said it would take a minimum of 90 days to staff and prepare the ship to cruise?  Has there been any sign that ships are in the process of preparing to sail, or that crew have been assembled/vacinated to sail?

Maybe I missed it, I don't read the boards every day since nothing seems to be changing much.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Time to start dreaming of cruising again.  I wouldn't bet my paycheck on July 3rd, but it will happen at some point.  

LOL

Yeah at some point.. But making a luggage tag available to print out right now is just plain cruel 🤔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

15 days ... until final payments start coming due on those July cruises ( didn't you go ahead and pay?)

Yes, our TA processed our small final payment before Princess announced the due date extension.

2 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Hasn't management said it would take a minimum of 90 days to staff and prepare the ship to cruise?  Has there been any sign that ships are in the process of preparing to sail, or that crew have been assembled/vacinated to sail?

60-90 days is what they said during the last investors conference call

4 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I spoke to a Princess Representative who deals with the Medallion app and she informed me a new version of the app is coming out in May which may explain why you can’t access “Ocean Ready.”  

Princess will notify everyone once the new version is released so we can upload to our devices. 

Ha! I called in March and was told April for a new app to be ready. Seems like the app is getting pushed out one month at a time as well 😔

7 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Ha! I called in March and was told April for a new app to be ready. Seems like the app is getting pushed out one month at a time as well 😔

I called the MedallionClass Navigator section and was told the same thing & that the app would be a major update because currently we can’t even access OceanReady to do things such as ordering medallions. I keep looking for an App Store update to fix the MedallionClass app’s problems...hopefully now by May. 🤞

• Like 2

We're on the Emerald Princess on 7/3/21 RT Seattle.  The chance of that happening is slightly less than 0, but they haven't cancelled it yet.  My mom's paying for this, so we haven't made final payment yet, since it's on a 60 day final.  We have a rebook date in mind, but we'd really like Princess to cancel it so we could get the 10% bump in our deposit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this means anything but the Crown Princess is underway winding its way towards Singapore.  Its first cruise sailing is in November from Port Everglades.  Is it possible that it will be transporting Asian crew members to the States?  

The Caribbean Princess that CineGraphic and I hope to be on 3 Jul is still at anchor in the Bahamas hopefully waiting for the delivery of some crew members.

This is a real stretch but maybe there is some hope.

Edited by srice
  • Like 1

I just spoke with my TA this morning regarding our July 5 cruise on Ruby... final payment is apparently due May 1. I'd like to think that there will be some statement from Princess before then as to whether or not the July cruises are actually happening...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, helenb said:

I just spoke with my TA this morning regarding our July 5 cruise on Ruby... final payment is apparently due May 1. I'd like to think that there will be some statement from Princess before then as to whether or not the July cruises are actually happening...

Please let us know what happens

Well, what will happen is we will pay, unless Princess cancels the cruise.  😉

If Princess makes an announcement before then, I'm sure it will be all over these forums. But if not, I'll definitely update here!

On 4/19/2021 at 7:32 AM, Paula_MacFan said:

Maybe I missed it, I don't read the boards every day since nothing seems to be changing much.  

You are right about the 90 days but nothing will happen until the CDC agrees to anything. Right now it’s a big political mess. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

18 hours ago, helenb said:

We are on that cruise too! Right now she is off the coast of La Paz, Mexico which is not too far from LA. I’m really hoping we get to cruise. Our Governor stated that CA will return to normal June 15th, but who knows. 🤷‍♀️

A7C1260E-E3EF-4454-8A2C-29AC0B6B2E77.jpeg

• Like 1

ruby was in LA about a week ago. Came up,  I thought alright something's happening . Was in port of LA for about a day and a half and then back to la paz. OUR Governor has said alot during this pandemic! would not hold your breath on that one. my bet is he will give us a "new" color coded something or other with a little "Blah Blah" and some nice will timed hand swaying, and a Little "we are almost there pep talk" .  I do recall the port authority makeing a strong push to get vaccination of the longshoremen early on in the roll out . That is a positive!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

OUR Governor has said alot during this pandemic! would not hold your breath on that one. my bet is he will give us a "new" color coded something or other with a little "Blah Blah" and some nice will timed hand swaying, and a Little "we are almost there pep talk"

Unfortunately, you are probably correct. My only hope is that he is nervous about the recall and may try to placate us. Of course, it all comes down to the CDC, which I have zero faith in right now. Luckily I booked one of the RCI cruises out of Nassau in July. That one will be sailing I think. It's time to cruise again. 😎

7 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are on that cruise too! Right now she is off the coast of La Paz, Mexico which is not too far from LA. I’m really hoping we get to cruise. Our Governor stated that CA will return to normal June 15th, but who knows. 🤷‍♀️

Unfortunately, the state governor has no say in this.  Otherwise cruises full of people spreading Covid would have been sailing from Florida months ago.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Unfortunately, the state governor has no say in this.

Yes, I know, but he might be able to put some pressure on the Biden Admin. (not that he would) which could impact the CDC decision.