Emerald Princess?

alolewis

Just got an e-maIl from our TA, our booked Fiji cruise on the Emerald Princess on March 22, 2022 has been cancelled due to "deployment of the Emerald Princess"  This was to be the second of a B2B in March 2022.  The first cruise New Zealand to Sydney March 9 is still reserved. Any one know where the Emerald Princess is going?

From posts on FB, it looks like the Emerald will be going to the UK to do the British Isles cruises that were to be on the Crown.  It seems like other folks are being told that their cruise will be on the Crown instead of the Emerald.  Nothing on the Princess website yet but it's clear that these ships are being moved around.

My cruise was the start of the repositioning cruise to LA. Sydney to Auckland (4 days ) . It has been cancelled along with the cruise to Fiji which is the one beforehand.

The  ship will then travel to the UK after the last cruise that finishes March 20th in Oz. 
At this time it appears she will still be coming here to do our summer season .

🤔

3 hours ago, srpilo said:

My 27 day Emerald April 3rd  SYD-LAX was outright canceled 

That's number 7 cancellation, but this a recent record for me,  being canceled almost a year in advance 🤣

We had a Sea of Cortez cruise cancelled 18 month in advance

Charlotte

• Like 1

@trbarton

I think we are all interested in what is going to happen with all the Antipodean Emerald cruises 2021/22.   I think it will all depend on what both governments decide about opening the borders to "out-of-bubble" people.

Mike

Edited by casofilia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m on the February 12, 2022 New Zealand 13 day cruise from Sydney Australia. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens. Princess site stills shows the Emerald Princess. 

Tom🤔

Hey Tom,

We are booked the month before (yes, the guy who put wrong month in the roll call🤭) and I also check res on Princess web site. Still said Emerald but I couldn’t get into EZair to look at our flights.

Maybe nothing but, I still give it a slim chance to actually go for people outside Australia/NZ. Guess I will keep a close eye on this thread.

Cheers,

John

So does that now mean the Emerald will dead head empty from SYD to Southampton on March 20th ?

Not likely, beside the unlikely hood of NZ & AUS will be opened to International travelers in October when Emerald is scheduled to deploy to SYD , I think eventually pre-deployment Princess will sadly just cut the Emerald's down under season altogether based on government uncertainty, deployment logistics and ultimately just revenue management  ... 

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@trbarton

I think we are all interested in what is going to happen with all the Antipodean Emerald cruises 2021/22.   I think it will all depend on what both governments decide about opening the borders to "out-of-bubble" people.

Mike

It's not just two governments, it's eight. NZ, Australia Federal, five state governments (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, and Western Australia), plus the Northern Territory. Getting them all to agree will be a bit like herding cats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We also received an email yesterday announcing a deployment change from the Crown to the Emerald.  To us this means a change on the booking from one ship to another and that's all.  The ships are so very close to being identical and I would guess that they will keep the same cabin as asked for or assigned.

It is amusing to see how people get their underwear in a knot about another cancellation when it's just a change in ship and maybe booking number.  The ship will still sail and follow the itinerary that was planned or able to do at that time.

• Like 2

I don't see the logic of switching (redeploying) the Emerald and the Crown for the Summer 2022 season. They are the SAME ship. Princess caused so much disruption for it's passengers. We had 56 days on the Emerald and the Coral, (Australia/Fiji/Transpacific to Vancouver). All gone. None are the alternative were similar enough or B2Bs like we had.

I saw one comment saying the Transpacific on The Emerald was a very good deal (not as profitable to Princess). This person booked the Emerald TransPacific a couple of weeks ago, and it was $1,500 less expensive than the Saphhire leaving the day before.

We are also casualties of the cancelled Emerald cruises to Fiji then to LA. Third year in a row our Fiji cruise has been cancelled and 2nd time for the Trans-Pacific, plus this year we were booked to stay on the Majestic to Hong Kong. The cancellation email suggested switching to a Jan. 2, 2022 date for Fiji, but that won't fit our schedule. Plus I would guess a Jan. date would be less likely to cruise than a late March date. Don't understand the logic of these cancellations, but Princess is making it difficult to even plan a year ahead. We're ready to give up on going back to Australia any time soon.

We were booked on the SYD-LA cruise on the Emerald in April 2022.  This was a rebooking from the canceled April 2020 cruise from SYD-LA.  Now we have been notified that the cruise has been canceled and offered the  April 2023 SYD-LA on the Majestic.  We are disappointed and at this rate may never get to sail from SYD-LA.  So again we wait now for 2 years to make this cruise.  Luckily not trusting Princess we did not make any excursion plans for the 2022 cruise unlike all the plans we had made and money paid for the 2020 cruise.  All the private excursions and pre-booked excursions in Sydney before the cruise canceled our reservations and returned the money paid.  When we get much closer (~3 months) from the 2023 cruise we will start looking at excursions both on the ship and in Sydney.   

We also got the email with the transferred offer of April 2023.  Does anyone here know anything about the FCC which we got from 2020 and expires on 01 May 2022? I called the Princess directly and was told that I need to think of using it locally.  How do we ask for the extension of our FCC?

Thanks in advanced.