Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

this is a link from the NY times which shows information about what percentage is vaccinated not only in US but the world.  Under 16 is obviously not included.  US is doing a great job.  Back in September, some of you should read your posts about when you predicted we would have a vaccine.  The fact that April 24, 2021, a little over 4 months, we are at this point is remarkable.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So a group of college kids for example lets say who kick off over wearing masks perhaps attack a passenger or staff or security or some form of vandalism they won't get a life ban off Royal will they not? And by extension of that ban a ban from the Royal grouping?. Look at how many people have been banned from airlines for life over this. 

Take a look at this from NCL. A group of rappers banned like 6 or  7 people over pooping incident during a charter cruise on NCL Pearl. And those guys would have spent some money that ship. 7 people banned from 1 incident if I am reading it correctly. And it wasn't even that bad what happened.

https://crew-center.com/flo-rida-banned-norwegian-cruise-line#:~:text=G-Unit's DJ Whoo Kid,England Patriots star Rob Gronkowski.

Ugh.  Glad you backed off the murder scenario.  Hey, if a cruising restart is going to cause that much mayhem we're in worse shape than I thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Ugh.  Glad you backed off the murder scenario

I haven't actually. You don't think anyone would get killed? Someone could be you know. Not shot of course no way they could be shot?. Surely no passenger would or could bring a gun onboard? I know you can get drugs onboard very easily but not a gun surely? 

But someone could be what beaten to death in only a few seconds? Perhaps a bottle or glass could be used. I have seen that in clubs before not a nice thing to see. Someone could be pushed down a flight of stairs perhaps or even thrown overboard and drown. Or killed by single punch perhaps? Elderly person pushed over and killed maybe? Anyone of these I can imagine possibly happening. There could be a lot of trouble. I pray to god their isn't but there could be. Security aren't being paid enough to deal with that kind of mess. 

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

NCL offered to do only fully vaccinated cruises, even going as far to ban children to which no vaccine is available. CDC didn’t even go for the fully vaccinated cruises.

Not necessarily true.  What the CDC did not go for was a release of the CSO, which was also included in the NCL proposal.  If the CDC can swing it, I think there will be a push to get all cruise lines to agree to some form of vaccine requirement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Ugh.  Glad you backed off the murder scenario.  Hey, if a cruising restart is going to cause that much mayhem we're in worse shape than I thought.

I don't think all 7 of them did that pooping thing. It was only 1 I am sure. It seemed like NCL for whatever reason didn't mess about they just banned the whole lot. Maybe no one would own up to it. Or they didn't want the bother of kicking one off and leaving the others on. And didn't some college frat boy on Royal a few years ago - Oasis wasn't it - stand balancing on the balcony while drunk in the port or climb up to the next one or to the one next door. Royal didn't like that and threw the whole lot off? And I assume banned them as well.

Edited by ace2542

8 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Bring the economy back from what? For the year 2020 my IRA was up 38% and ytd it's up almost 9%.

Big bucks$$$.

The economy is not the stock market.

Look at the unemployment rate and poverty rate.  Sure, some have done well but others certainly have not.

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

How many cases of norovirus are too many? How many cases of flu, traffic deaths, cancer, etc are "too many"? 

life is dangerous. None of us gets out alive!

You're right, but unfortunately, flu, traffic deaths, cancer, etc don't get the media coverage to saturate the minds of the masses the way covid does.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yogimax said:

Let me paraphrase what you are saying...

"Who cares that they died?  So what if they were loved by children and grandchildren... so what if they lost out on 5 or ten or more years to enjoy their lives with those they loved... their lives meant nothing... they were going to die anyways...  I care about me and me alone."

Yes, that's harsh, but that's what you seem to be saying.

Pretty much what governor Cuomo said......and did last Spring.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

You're right, but unfortunately, flu, traffic deaths, cancer, etc don't get the media coverage to saturate the minds of the masses the way covid does.

3 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Pretty much what governor Cuomo said......and did last Spring.

Just ridiculous. 

What in the world do flu, cancer or car accident deaths have to do with COVID-19 deaths?  We have lost 570+K lives in the last 12 months from this disease, which is extraordinary.  COVID was the third leading cause of death in the US in 2020 behind heart disease and cancer.  Heart disease and cancer are not contagious.  Flu kills on average 15-60K people each year in this country.  Not even close to COVID deaths.  

You are implying that because Cuomo acted in a negligent manner, that that is an excuse for everyone else to do so?  Please.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So a group of college kids for example lets say who kick off over wearing masks perhaps attack a passenger or staff or security or some form of vandalism they won't get a life ban off Royal will they not? And by extension of that ban a ban from the Royal grouping?. Look at how many people have been banned from airlines for life over this. 

Take a look at this from NCL. A group of rappers banned like 6 or  7 people over pooping incident during a charter cruise on NCL Pearl. And those guys would have spent some money that ship. 7 people banned from 1 incident if I am reading it correctly. And it wasn't even that bad what happened.

https://crew-center.com/flo-rida-banned-norwegian-cruise-line#:~:text=G-Unit's DJ Whoo Kid,England Patriots star Rob Gronkowski.

i am all for a ban on anyone that does not follow the rules of decent society.  rappers will never grasp any form of decency.  what you mentioned is actually a criminal offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ericfromri said:

i am all for a ban on anyone that does not follow the rules of decent society.  rappers will never grasp any form of decency.  ...

A decent society doesn't presume that musical taste should determine participation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Just ridiculous. 

What in the world do flu, cancer or car accident deaths have to do with COVID-19 deaths?  We have lost 570+K lives in the last 12 months from this disease, which is extraordinary.  COVID was the third leading cause of death in the US in 2020 behind heart disease and cancer.  Heart disease and cancer are not contagious.  Flu kills on average 15-60K people each year in this country.  Not even close to COVID deaths.  

You are implying that because Cuomo acted in a negligent manner, that that is an excuse for everyone else to do so?  Please.

Wow, do you read and interpret things at the mercy of your ideals.   Implying that I said that what Cuomo did was the way to go?   Have some coffee, you're still sleeping.

All those maladies don't have anything to do with covid.  Which was exactly my point.  People (the public) seemed to have lost the capacity to see that covid is not the only health threat among us.  But with the way the people follow the media, all other avenues of mortality have been neglected.

• Like 1

Just now, jerseyjjs said:

Wow, do you read and interpret things at the mercy of your ideals.   Implying that I said that what Cuomo did was the way to go?   Have some coffee, you're still sleeping.

All those maladies don't have anything to do with covid.  Which was exactly my point.  People (the public) seemed to have lost the capacity to see that covid is not the only health threat among us.  But with the way the people follow the media, all other avenues of mortality have been neglected.

Pretty much what governor Cuomo said......and did last Spring."  That is what you said to someone who challenged another's callousness about COVID deaths.  Why even mention it if not trying to claim a tit for tat scenario is appropriate.  It's not.

You are complaining that other causes of death do not get the attention that COVID-19 has?  Because those deaths are expected each year and follow a similar pattern each year.  What was not expected was the epic tragedy of this pandemic.  Big difference.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Everybody seems to be losing perspective these days. All other avenues of mortality have not been neglected. Case in point the heavy media coverage of gun violence recently.

Chronic issues do receive less attention because they are familiar. Heat disease, traffic fatalities, etc. have received as much media attention in the last year as they did in previous years. That is, very little.

To expect that the deaths, (from a single cause), of more Americans in 12 months than anything since 1865 would not garner massive media attention is unreasonable.

• Like 6