Proof of Vax or Not. Would you cruise

Would you Cruise  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise if proof of Vax was not required

• Yes
    • No

35 minutes ago, grammymarcia said:

We have January2022 booked. So if a person was vaccinated in March , that would be 10 months after vaccination, would a third shot be required since shots wouldn't be good for that long of a period. Just asking because I read something about third booster shots being ready this summer.  I don't think I've seen anything about length of time for proving vaccinations for cruising.

Lol I have same issue except worse. My first shot was last jan, 2nd feb 6th. So I have less time than you if it's good a year.

I have no issues getting the vaccine to cruise. But if the CDC doesn't relax all their crazy requirements while on board with all their mask requirements, I'm almost to the point that will ruin it. Wearing a mask while laying around the pool. No. Take a bite of food put it right back on. No.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MTAK said:

The question becomes whether an accommodation puts oneself or others at unreasonable risk.  Ordinarily a disability accommodation does not induce risk.

In an employment scenario one has to consider health and safety of everyone, and it seems logical the same would apply here.

1 hour ago, ccd228 said:

I have no issues getting the vaccine to cruise. But if the CDC doesn't relax all their crazy requirements while on board with all their mask requirements, I'm almost to the point that will ruin it. Wearing a mask while laying around the pool. No. Take a bite of food put it right back on. No.

Can you imagine how filthy that mask would get if you have to put it over your mouth every time you chew....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CI66774 said:

Can you imagine how filthy that mask would get if you have to put it over your mouth every time you chew....

Plus, who wants to touch a sandwich, chips, fries, or rolls after your hands have been taking on and off your mask?

Edited by TNcruising02

12 hours ago, grammymarcia said:

We have January2022 booked. So if a person was vaccinated in March , that would be 10 months after vaccination, would a third shot be required since shots wouldn't be good for that long of a period. Just asking because I read something about third booster shots being ready this summer.  I don't think I've seen anything about length of time for proving vaccinations for cruising.

They really do not know the length of time. As the distance from the first vaccines get longer, it seems that the time has held up. I remember when they said 30 days as that was all there was data for, and the anti-vaxxers jumped on it saying see it's only good for 30 days.

And the freedom of the cruise line to say that those who exercise their freedom to not get vaccinated will not be allowed to risk the health of to others just to enjoy a non-essential luxury like a cruise.  Some lines are lining up on each side of the issue so we all have choices. 

God Bless America!

• Like 2

Where do posters get the notion you have to put on take off/ put on your mask after every bite or drink.

That's not how it works in restaurants/bars. While seated you can take your masks off for the duration of eating/drinking. 

Time to stop "sensationalizing" like the media does.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seamus69 said:

And the freedom of the cruise line to say that those who exercise their freedom to not get vaccinated will not be allowed to risk the health of to others just to enjoy a non-essential luxury like a cruise.  Some lines are lining up on each side of the issue so we all have choices. 

God Bless America!

Hmmmmm....not that simple in terms of private companies requiring Americans to get a vaccine, a medical procedure, not to be HIV positive, etc. slippery slope and I don’t want businesses having the power to decide my private medical fate.

7 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Hmmmmm....not that simple in terms of private companies requiring Americans to get a vaccine, a medical procedure, not to be HIV positive, etc. slippery slope and I don’t want businesses having the power to decide my private medical fate.

Hmmmmm.... at least for cruise lines, you can choose to not go and avoid that particular slippery slope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Being un-vaccinated is not a protected class.  No business will require you to be vaccinated.  They may simply not accept your patronage if you're not.  That's a huge difference and absolutely their right.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Where do posters get the notion you have to put on take off/ put on your mask after every bite or drink.

That's not how it works in restaurants/bars. While seated you can take your masks off for the duration of eating/drinking. 

Because they stated that masks must be worn for extended meal services.  Even the people at NCL, who agreed to 100% vaccinated, have a problem with masks at extended meal services.  Instead of accusing people of sensationalizing things, maybe you should take a peek at the CDC requirements for VACCINATED cruises.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

To repeat, from another thread:

"removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

blah blah blah on and on

I swear these are more restrictive than on land.  Who would wear a mask by the pool? No one--- and they know it-- so why even mention it?

Tell me again--- why we are getting the vaccine, if it's not even safe to lay by the pool beside other vaccinated people?

Glad my next 2 cruises aren't out of this country controlled by these ridiculous people

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

Because they stated that masks must be worn for extended meal services.  Even the people at NCL, who agreed to 100% vaccinated, have a problem with masks at extended meal services.  Instead of accusing people of sensationalizing things, maybe you should take a peek at the CDC requirements for VACCINATED cruises.

Just don't see that happening. The CDC hasn't mandated that in restaurants/bars on land.

You have extended meals/ drinking every day now without repercussions. 

Wearing a mask to and from the restaurant /bar yes. The social Distancing rule will play a bigger roll.

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Just don't see that happening. The CDC hasn't mandated that in restaurants/bars on land.

You have extended meals/ drinking every day now without repercussions. 

Wearing a mask to and from the restaurant /bar yes. The social Distancing rule will play a bigger roll.

But that is what the CDC is requiring, even for fully vaccinated cruises.  Look up the definition of an extended meal service, and it's a meal in a sit down restaurant.  That is the problem many people, including the people at NCL who have stated they will cruise with 100% vaccinated, have a huge problem with.

And you are right, the CDC hasn't mandated that at land.  THAT is the problem.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Because they can't. They control who can do what and still enter the country.

They can only make recommendations for businesses within the country. 

21 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

To repeat, from another thread:

"removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

blah blah blah on and on

I swear these are more restrictive than on land.  Who would wear a mask by the pool? No one--- and they know it-- so why even mention it?

Tell me again--- why we are getting the vaccine, if it's not even safe to lay by the pool beside other vaccinated people?

Glad my next 2 cruises aren't out of this country controlled by these ridiculous people

I think its because there is not 100% way right now to know if someone was vaccinated or not.  If they could do that I am sure these silly requirements would just go away.

24 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

I think its because there is not 100% way right now to know if someone was vaccinated or not.  If they could do that I am sure these silly requirements would just go away.

That's not it.  NCL agreed to 100% vaccinations, but would still have the stupid requirement for their passengers to wear masks while dining.  If the CDC had stated that 100% vaccinated cruises were exempt, that would be one thing.  However, as it is now they would have the same rules.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Being un-vaccinated is not a protected class.  No business will require you to be vaccinated.  They may simply not accept your patronage if you're not.  That's a huge difference and absolutely their right.

That issue hasn’t been litigated yet.  Medical status may well be the next protected class.

48 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

But that is what the CDC is requiring, even for fully vaccinated cruises.  Look up the definition of an extended meal service, and it's a meal in a sit down restaurant.  That is the problem many people, including the people at NCL who have stated they will cruise with 100% vaccinated, have a huge problem with.

And you are right, the CDC hasn't mandated that at land.  THAT is the problem.

CDC makes recommendations and provides guidance. Doesn’t have the authority to mandate it

55 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Those are recommendations, not mandates.

Just now, CI66774 said:

CDC makes recommendations and provides guidance. Doesn’t have the authority to mandate it

I read that they do have authority if people travel out of the country and are seeking to enter again, such as on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CI66774 said:

Those are recommendations, not mandates.

"CDC has issued an Order that requires face masks to be worn by all travelers while on public transportation, including all passengers on board and all personnel operating maritime conveyances traveling into, within, or out of the United States. Masks are also required at all U.S. transportation hubs, including seaports and ferry terminals. For more information on this mask requirement"

I do agree that being vax is one's choice.. I do know in the state of Mass every child that enters a public school must have the flu vax as well as the other recommendation vaccines.. 

My job as a nurse requires us to be vaccinated including a booster for our child vaccines ( yes it is a choice or work else where 

In my honest opinion I do think by the end of the year everything will be sort of like back to normal

no mask (unless you chose to wear one) no social distancing and everything will be a full cap

Theme parks here in Florida slowly decreasing requirements