New Youtube Video Gus Antorcha

Mary229

I don't know if it is allowed to post a video link.  Porthole Cruise recently published a new video which can be found on Youtube.  Gus talks about the Have it All, Vaccines, the anniversary and more.  If it is allowed I will post the link

It sounds like they are listening

In more news :     https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24775-holland-america-diversified-portfolio-of-itineraries-and-deployment.html

“We are planning at least three years out and further but our goal is to open up cruise products at least two years in advance for the public to purchase. We are definitely pushing this window out as much as possible to try to get our cruise offerings available to the public as soon as possible,” said Paul Grigsby, vice president of revenue planning and analytics at Holland America Line.

Overseeing itinerary planning, Grigsby said the Seattle-based brand was a port-centric cruise brand offering longer voyages.

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It sounds like they are listening

In more news :     https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24775-holland-america-diversified-portfolio-of-itineraries-and-deployment.html

“We are planning at least three years out and further but our goal is to open up cruise products at least two years in advance for the public to purchase. We are definitely pushing this window out as much as possible to try to get our cruise offerings available to the public as soon as possible,” said Paul Grigsby, vice president of revenue planning and analytics at Holland America Line.

Overseeing itinerary planning, Grigsby said the Seattle-based brand was a port-centric cruise brand offering longer voyages.

I wonder if that means they will announce 2023 grand voyages sooner rather than later.  I have my fingers crossed for a Grand Asia!

8 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I wonder if that means they will announce 2023 grand voyages sooner rather than later.  I have my fingers crossed for a Grand Asia!

I am planning 2 long cruises for 2023 and am awaiting the schedule myself to make my choices.   I am also glad to hear they take their intensive itinerary schedules core.  Maybe the next ship will be a smaller ship that can go to those special ports

Edited by Mary229

24 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I am planning 2 long cruises for 2023 and am awaiting the schedule myself to make my choices.

I am fairly confident that by 2023 Cruising will be back to normal.. or at least what will be considered normal post Covid...I am most interested to see what cruising is like Post Covid

That is one huge reason we have nothing scheduled before 10/22.

3 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I am fairly confident that by 2023 Cruising will be back to normal.. or at least what will be considered normal post Covid...I am most interested to see what cruising is like Post Covid

I am scheduled for April 2022 and are considering Alaska Cruise tour for August 2022.   I am trying to check off my DH's wish list which includes the cruise tour/RockyMountaineer, the Tahiti rt from San Diego and the Amazon.   I am waiting to see what is offered by HAL, Oceania and Viking before deciding.  Once we get his wishlist done it will be whatever opportunities present themselves.

16 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Unless the CCCP will introduce another version and start killing us again..

24 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I am scheduled for April 2022 and are considering Alaska Cruise tour for August 2022.   I am trying to check off my DH's wish list which includes the cruise tour/RockyMountaineer, the Tahiti rt from San Diego and the Amazon.   I am waiting to see what is offered by HAL, Oceania and Viking before deciding.  Once we get his wishlist done it will be whatever opportunities present themselves.

Crossing off bucket list items are very important!

• Like 2

I think Gus has a better grasp of HAL than possibly Orlando had.  The itineraries, the ports, the longer cruises and now the option to be more inclusive are all important to many of us.  Yes, you have to get new people onboard with 7 day cruises and then offer the better ones to those of us with more time and spendable dollars.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

I think Gus has a better grasp of HAL than possibly Orlando had.  The itineraries, the ports, the longer cruises and now the option to be more inclusive are all important to many of us.  Yes, you have to get new people onboard with 7 day cruises and then offer the better ones to those of us with more time and spendable dollars.

Reading the article and listening to the video leads me to believe that HAL will once again focus on the intensive itineraries.  It is the niche many of us are in.  We have sailed HAL since our 30s because of their enrichment programs and their focus.   I would call the ideal niche  "Sub-expedition" on a "Sub-luxury" ship for the budget conscious well-heeled customer who is seeking enrichment not adventure.    The tell will be when they order their next ship, will it be another Pinnacle ship or will it be a Maasdam?  2600+ passengers or sub-1500 passengers.  I do not think HAL wants to compete in the under-1000 pax ship, CCL has that in Seabourn and most HAL customers seem to not want to pay the prices required for that level of service.

• Like 1