No Mardi Gras sailings on the website until October

geaux_aces

We are on the September 4th sailing too!  I saw there was not any available to book today too when I was doing my normal periodic check to see if prices have dropped.

I went and used their link to see if the cruise was cancelled and it said it was still going and wasn't cancelled.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Another September 4 here.  Have either of you realized that if Carnival doesn’t restart until September, we will be on an inaugural sailing?  There are people who have booked again and again to be on the inaugural, and we have a chance of stumbling onto it.

1 minute ago, 64funwhisper said:

yes why doesn't carnival show sold out so that people that are booked not worry why it is not on the website?

My sept 11th vista cruise is gone. Maybe its hit max capacity. And carnival doesnt want to say why its removed?

Some of us dont keep checking as prices seem to only go up not down. I only  checked because people on mardi gras complaining. I knew mine was a popular sailing as we have well over 200 on my roll call. Idk why everyone's first thought is its cancelled. I say to myself must be popular. 

I just happened to pick sept 11, before I thought about the date being symbolic. We have lots of groups and newbies on my date all excited to go.

I feel sure carnival would tell us if we were cancelled.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

My August cruise is still in my planner. I think it's at capacity, which should make for a very uncrowded sailing on a new ship, if it sails.

Capacity was my first thought too. Enjoy. My vista sept 11th pulled too. Sure hope cruises resume. I'd hate to disappoint all the newbies signed up my date. No idea why my date so popular. I guess friends of friends of friends. 

• Like 2

I hope no one who is scheduled for their upcoming cruise get's cancelled however, if the September 4th becomes the inaugural cruise I would be thrilled because we were originally scheduled for their 1st one out of the US before it got cancelled due to delays.

• Like 1

I am on July 24th which is on the cutting edge of being the first sailings. Unfortunately for us now, it will be a longer wait to know if it sails or is canceled. The 60-day mark for July 4 is next week. The case is scheduled for May 12. I expect the injunction case to be short (2-3 days tops) and a ruling by May 17th at the latest. That will be the factor whether we can sail or not.

If the CDC is serious about mid-July, they could end the case and just lift the CSO with the protocols the cruise industry has in place. The need to make it where vaccines are required for all who are eligible. Those that are not need to submit to temp checks and a covid test mid-cruise and pre-cruise. This is for children who cannot be vaccinated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

My August cruise is still in my planner. I think it's at capacity, which should make for a very uncrowded sailing on a new ship, if it sails.

That’s encouraging.  I hope it’s true!  Really want to be on the Mardi Gras in Sept.  

• Like 1

It has to be capacity, but all of a sudden that word could mean many, many things. It could be that they want to run the first few journeys at less than 100%, even if it's allowed with the latest requirements, to ensure they keep things under control.

It could be that they have a long list of cancelled folks who they appeased by promising to get them on the first possible cruise, and they are going through all those names and offering rooms to them, now that the possibility is becoming potentially concrete rather than just endless guesswork.

It could be they aren't sure if they will be able to get enough staff and crew to manage a full ship before October, or maybe enough food and supplies to feed x thousand people, or whatever other stuff they gotta get in place.

Lastly, it could be they are trying to figure out how to verify vaccinated status and want to work through how they need to manage all of us already booked first before they add more passengers to the manifests.  I assume most of us booked for this time frame will be getting an email in the next couple days asking us if we want to sail with the vaxx or cancel.

Once they take stock of what the numbers all look like, it might be they can open some of those back up, which would be why they don't want to call them sold out.  They were all there yesterday, an actual, workable CDC guideline comes out, and now they are all gone. I'm sure someone is sitting in a room with a spreadsheet showing percentage capacity booked for all dates up through early autumn.

I'm on an August sailing and a FB group I'm in someone ask John  Heald this question and  he said "It's only because they reach capacity and they taken them offline".  With so many cancellations, I think people were just rebooking just to get in.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MeangirlDanni said:

I'm on an August sailing and a FB group I'm in someone ask John  Heald this question and  he said "It's only because they reach capacity and they taken them offline".

The usual spiel before it's cancelled.

• Like 5

I'm on the August 28th cruise.  I was able to get a Havana Interior, so I am so hoping that it will sail.  It's still in my planner - as a matter of fact I just paid off the balance online yesterday.

I saw something earlier today where Christine Duffy said that they are looking at perhaps having all passengers take a rapid antigen test before boarding to ensure that you have been vaccinated.  Fingers crossed that they get everything the CDC requires completed by August.

• Like 4