Masks?

jeno

The stated mask policy , as of today, is mask will be required in all public areas....also specifically stated that this policy will be reevaluated constantly and can/will change as circumstances warrant.  Since the first cruise is not scheduled to depart for another 4 months, there can and will be lots of changes and updates.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, basor said:

The stated mask policy , as of today, is mask will be required in all public areas....also specifically stated that this policy will be reevaluated constantly and can/will change as circumstances warrant.  Since the first cruise is not scheduled to depart for another 4 months, there can and will be lots of changes and updates.

Agree +++ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

What does current have to do with September or October?

We have friends bailing out of our November cruise because of the current ruling. I don’t agree.  Just confirming what it actually is. 

43 minutes ago, jeno said:

We have friends bailing out of our November cruise because of the current ruling. I don’t agree.  Just confirming what it actually is. 

That is too bad.....most likely the mask policy will be entirely different by the time November rolls around.  There will be lots of people lined up to grab their cabin!

The mask mandate in the US from the CDC that applies to all transportation goes through Sept. 30 at least and will likely be extended.  The cruises will have to abide by edict until it is lifted. Does anyone think Oceania would reevaluate and remove for Marina in the Baltic prior to then? The first sailing may be 4 months from now and a lot could change, but not the mask wearing.No way will O remove that requirement for their first month of cruise resumption. It is one of the reasons I will be canceling my booking for the Aug.29 first Marina cruise next week.

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

The mask mandate in the US from the CDC that applies to all transportation goes through Sept. 30 at least and will likely be extended.  The cruises will have to abide by edict until it is lifted. Does anyone think Oceania would reevaluate and remove for Marina in the Baltic prior to then? The first sailing may be 4 months from now and a lot could change, but not the mask wearing.No way will O remove that requirement for their first month of cruise resumption. It is one of the reasons I will be canceling my booking for the Aug.29 first Marina cruise next week.

The OP was discussing a cruise next November not the first cruise sailing in Aug so yes, the mask policy could very easily change drastically by November...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, susiesan said:

It is one of the reasons I will be canceling my booking for the Aug.29 first Marina cruise next week.

Oceania will be pleased.

As you mentioned you were in an inside cabin, this will save Oceania from having to make you a generous moveover offer in order to block your cabin off from this sailing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jeno said:

Quite far away.   Will wait and see then what we want to do.  Not ready to jump the gun now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RJB said:

Quite far away.   Will wait and see then what we want to do.  Not ready to jump the gun now.

The problem is that we start the penalty phase this week.  Once we enter into that, they won’t be able to cancel just because of masks without losing a lot of money. Unfortunately, they can’t wait and see. 

If people  will not be happy with the  new protocols  then they should cancel   otherwise they will make people around them miserable  for the whole cruise

I have not see any science (it may be out  there)  that says  if you are vaccinated  you cannot get or spread the virus  so taking a few extra precautions   might be required to have safe cruising  experiences  in the near future

So many new variants  being found  & Countries that were pretty well over the  cases are now in the 3rd wave  & locking down again

JMO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Oceania will be pleased.

As you mentioned you were in an inside cabin, this will save Oceania from having to make you a generous moveover offer in order to block your cabin off from this sailing.

As I said before, my TA already asked O about a move over offer, she was told no. No offers, no discounts, nothing. And I have had a deposit with O since 2019. When I cancel Oceania is completely losing me as a customer since I have a Baltic cruise for August 2022 booked with NCL, not Oceania. Unlikely that anyone will take my place on Aug. 29 sailing. My guess is that will be a ghost cruise with hardly anyone on it. No one wants to be the test subject without an incentive. I asked on the TA Denmark forums about cruising from Copenhagen in August 2021, whether people who live there think it will happen. Most say it is doubtful and advised to cancel and return next year. Danes don't even know what the next few months will be like for tourism. Americans aren't allowed to enter Denmark yet and no one knows whenthat will happen.

I am not giving up on Oceania, but as long as the ship is sailing at half capacity and to achieve this all the insides and outsides are being blocked from sale, Oceania is out of my price range for cruising. I will wait for a mailer with a last minute discount to sail with them again.

They may have a little more time before "losing a lot of money". Unless things have changed. they will be subject to a $250. pp administrative fee if they cancel 180 - 151 days prior.

"Except for Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites, the Administrative may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation and for travel any time."

1 minute ago, Queen of DaNile said:

They may have a little more time before "losing a lot of money". Unless things have changed. they will be subject to a $250. pp administrative fee if they cancel 180 - 151 days prior.

"Except for Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites, the Administrative may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation and for travel any time."

Payment in full is due 5/26.  You are correct.  This week they start with the $500.  They don’t want to lose that either.  

10 minutes ago, susiesan said:

When I cancel Oceania is completely losing me as a customer since I have a Baltic cruise for August 2022 booked with NCL, not Oceania.

LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, susiesan said:

38 minutes ago, susiesan said:

When I cancel Oceania is completely losing me as a customer since I have a Baltic cruise for August 2022 booked with NCL, not Oceania. Unlikely that anyone will take my place on Aug. 29 sailing. My guess is that will be a ghost cruise with hardly anyone on it. No one wants to be the test subject without an incentive.

I would.🙂  Feel free to contact me- see my signature.  I asked my TA to see if I could be waitlisted on an Inside and she was told that they aren't taking any waitlists even though the category says w/l and not "closed"   I am willing to be that guinea pig. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, susiesan said:

cruisingxpert: I just emailed my TA to cancel. Have yours look for cabin G 8086 to be back in the inventory for sale to you. Good luck getting it.

Thanks for the info.....know several people moving their Riviera late Summer/Fall cruises to Marina.  We are already booked on Marina so good to go - now beginning to work on our DIY shore excursions!

Just checked and only concierge verandahs and penthouses are available....all others waitlisted so doubt anyone new will be able to grab your cabin but someone from the waitlist will be excited!

Edited by basor

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I have not see any science (it may be out  there)  that says  if you are vaccinated  you cannot get or spread the virus 

I believe the science says the contrary. Vaccines are not 100% effective and there is, as yet, scant information about transmission. As such, mask wearing in enclosed, populated situations continues to be a commonsense policy. Assuming, in some months to come, that the combinations of vaccination, mask wearing and other contact restrictions continue to reduce the amount of Covid in society, then it will be time for another look. In the meantime, folk who don't want to cruise if they are required to wear a mask  should consider cancelling (or not booking). For me, the fact that mask wearing is proposed to be in place for a while, means that I don't think I'd consider a ship to be a safe place to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, susiesan said:

cruisingxpert: I just emailed my TA to cancel. Have yours look for cabin G 8086 to be back in the inventory for sale to you. Good luck getting it.

Will let you know if it works.  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, basor said:

Thanks for the info.....know several people moving their Riviera late Summer/Fall cruises to Marina.  We are already booked on Marina so good to go - now beginning to work on our DIY shore excursions!

Just checked and only concierge verandahs and penthouses are available....all others waitlisted so doubt anyone new will be able to grab your cabin but someone from the waitlist will be excited!

My TA responded that O is closed over the weekend. She won't be back at her office until Tuesday so anyone who wants to try for my cabin should notify their TA now to grab it when available on Tuesday when my reservation is cancelled. I have a feeling you will be disappointed though, I highly doubt O will resell this. Maybe someone who is actually waitlisted will get it but not someone making a new booking. You will need to pay $1600 more for the B1 verandah at $4149 vs $2549 for the G inside.

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

My TA responded that O is closed over the weekend. She won't be back at her office until Tuesday so anyone who wants to try for my cabin should notify their TA now to grab it when available on Tuesday when my reservation is cancelled.

I emailed my TA.  You're probably right but worth a try.