crowds welcome a cruise ship into port

39august

Just saw on Fox crowds at the port of Galveston cheering a Carnival ship that just docked there. I read somewhere that there is to be a vaccination clinic at the port of Galveston for Carnival crew members some day this week. I wonder why RCG ships have not arranged such a vaccination clinic with some of the ports their ships use. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Just saw on Fox crowds at the port of Galveston cheering a Carnival ship that just docked there. I read somewhere that there is to be a vaccination clinic at the port of Galveston for Carnival crew members some day this week. I wonder why RCG ships have not arranged such a vaccination clinic with some of the ports their ships use. 

They have. They are being vaccinated at the port of Miami. 

Nothing yet on Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale area).  Hopefully soon.  Webinar with Celebrity mentioned they would PROBABLY start July/August with the Edge.  No mention on how they were going to handle currently booked cruises on that ship or if other ships would follow.  Still all too new.

7 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Not sure about Ft Lauderdale.

I haven't read about FLL either, but when you think about it, they could easily bus crew from one port to the other if Miami has a better setup for the vaccines. It's an EZ 45 minutes. 

Edge and Equinox are both still scheduled to sail from FLL in July.

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Nothing yet on Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale area).  Hopefully soon.  Webinar with Celebrity mentioned they would PROBABLY start July/August with the Edge.  No mention on how they were going to handle currently booked cruises on that ship or if other ships would follow.  Still all too new.

That falls in line with what I just noticed on the X website. The Inside and Oceanview cabins on the Edge's scheduled July-Aug cruises have now been marked as Sold Out while the Equinox cruises in the same time frame are listed as bookable. X initially applied the same strategy with their start-up St Maarten cruises, but recently opened them back up when they couldn't reach their target 50% capacity. 

Here is a guess, and this is only a guess,regarding inside and Oceanview rooms.

It is possible that while Celebrity is restricting bookings to 50% of capacity, that they are allowing crew members who normally would have to share a room to be able to occupy some of the inside an ocean view rooms, which will allow for greater distancing of crewmembers during the transition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Here is a guess, and this is only a guess,regarding inside and Oceanview rooms.

It is possible that while Celebrity is restricting bookings to 50% of capacity, that they are allowing crew members who normally would have to share a room to be able to occupy some of the inside an ocean view rooms, which will allow for greater distancing of crewmembers during the transition.

I booked a sailing round the UK for the 23rd July and when I was speaking to the X sales agent she confirmed that inside and oceanview on the Silhouette are being used to allow social distancing between crew members.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShonaTay56 said:
4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I booked a sailing round the UK for the 23rd July and when I was speaking to the X sales agent she confirmed that inside and oceanview on the Silhouette are being used to allow social distancing between crew members.

Possibly deck 6 as well, as that is not for sale. I did 3/4 dummy bookings and each time I was offered a deck 7 cabin. When we booked we were offered 3 deck 7 cabins.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, 39august said:

Yep, saw the same info on CNN Website. And low and behold, my TA was there and was quoted in the article. 

• Like 1