If NCL requires 100% vaccinated passengers and crew, why can't Royal do the same?

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

So is your current director:

Walensky had been on the faculty of Harvard Medical School since 2001, first as an instructor, then as a professor.[7] Walensky was a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School from 2012-2020, and served as chief of the division of infectious diseases at Massachusetts General Hospital from 2017-2020. She served on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic and conducted research on vaccine delivery and strategies to reach underserved communities. Walensky has worked to improve HIV screening and care in South Africa, led health policy initiatives, and researched clinical trial design and evaluation in a variety of settings.[8]

Walensky was Chair of the Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council at the National Institutes of Health from 2014 to 2015 and has served as a member of the US Department of Health and Human Services Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents since 2011.[9] She serves on the board of directors of Mass General Brigham.[10] She has been co-director of the Medical Practice Evaluation Center at Massachusetts General Hospital since 2011.[9]

👍

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Most nonsensical post of the day.  Hotels aren't even close to 100%.

"Orlando hotel occupancy hits 50%, but full recovery still years off, experts say"

In addition, I serve on the Board of Directors of one of the largest timeshares in Lake Buena Vista and occupancy isn't close to 50%.

(Sorry, for large print.  I copied the headline of the story and have no idea how to reduce the size).

You are absolutely right. Husband travels all over the country for business. Hotels most everywhere not back to anywhere near normal.  Restaurants either.  You can tell people that everything’s open 100% but you can’t make them go.  People will do what is right for them. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Yeah the southern/evangelical states aren't getting there. 22 traditionally Democratic states are leading (at least in 1+ Doses) and 17 Republican states are bringing up the rear. 

14 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I really wish there could be some self-discipline to keep politics off the forum.

The data at the state level doesn't exactly match up with political affiliation, but when you move down to county level, there is a much stronger correlation. We need to adjust the vaccine campaign to target those communities better.  Some areas are known for "souls to the polls", why not "shots for the saints"  with county clinics set up for after mass and during Wednesday night dinner, I can hear the men's bible study sermon now.

Men, God made you the protector and head of your family, protect them now by getting yourself and  them vaccinated. Y'all know your aim suffers when struggling to breathe and you don't want to miss that 14 point buck, do you? It's only 4 more months to deer season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, easy1234 said:

Well, NCLs sail safe protocols and RCCLs current protocols all say masks outdoors. But if you want to ignore current as well as sail safe protocols you are welcome to.

NCL's Sail Safe protocols says to mask up "outdoors when physical distancing is not possible". RCCL's "current protocols" were written during a time when vaccines did not exist. Additionally, RCCL's protocols were written before the CDC's new guidance for vaccinated people that was released a week ago. In no way does that October 2020 blog article provide any firm grounding for how July US sailings will look like.

If you want to continue dodging my original question and spread misinformation through questionable reasoning and sources, you are welcome to.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, easy1234 said:

For the greater good, I love it! Definitely using that phrase next time around. Science, data, and what is decided for the greater good!

Can we please get past this pandemic before you start conjuring up another one?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tcrandal said:

don't complain when you might be restricted over doing certain activities if you choose your path that differs from what is decided for the greater good. 

31 minutes ago, easy1234 said:

For the greater good, I love it! Definitely using that phrase next time around. Science, data, and what is decided for the greater good!

"It is thus necessary that the individual should finally come to realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of the nation, that the position of the individual is conditioned solely by the interests of the nation as a whole."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You bring up a good point. These young parents have been quarantined at home with the kids for a year trying to balance their career while homeschooling them. I know if it were me I would want a vacation with just me and the wife alone at this point.

I'm with you on that!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, easy1234 said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/beaches-pools.html

Wear a mask

Wear a mask when you are not in the water

• Wear masks when you are not in the water.
    • Do not place a mask on children younger than 2 years of age or on anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without help.
  • Masks are especially important when physical distancing is hard.

Maybe CDC guidelines will be different for ship pools than regular pools?

These guidelines were written before the most recent guidance for fully vaccinated people. I don't know why you continue referencing outdated, non-applicable information. We have yet to see current guidelines from either the CDC or Royal for how the pool deck will look for US July sailings in an environment of vaccinated people.

You've dodged my question again. How exactly are you concluding that large pool decks on limited-capacity Oasis-class ships are places where social distancing is not possible? If your answer involves linking outdated, unreliable sources or spreading misinformation, then let's just agree to disagree. 

• Like 3

Just now, easy1234 said:

Ahhh, so the CDC cant keep their own guidelines updates. Good to know. I mean, NCL Sail Safe guidelines along with CDC guidelines along with RCCL existing controls are usually sufficient to prove a point. I guess all I can say at this point is follow science!

Nowhere did I say that the CDC can't keep their own guidelines updated. Of course they can update them, why do you think restrictions were lessened for vaccinated people a week ago? Please don't spread that misinformation.

NCL Sail Safe, CDC guidelines, and Royal's existing controls have not proved your point. All you've done is spread misinformation, dodged my points/questions, and preached "follow science" when you yourself have not done so. I'm starting to think you're a troll account based on your post history on this thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

Nowhere did I say that the CDC can't keep their own guidelines updated. Of course they can update them, why do you think restrictions were lessened for vaccinated people a week ago? Please don't spread that misinformation.

NCL Sail Safe, CDC guidelines, and Royal's existing controls have not proved your point. All you've done is spread misinformation, dodged my points/questions, and preached "follow science" when you yourself have not done so. I'm starting to think you're a troll account based on your post history on this thread.

Don't get too worked up. Its Schtick and and he is trolling. He can't articulate his own point so he's mocking the CDC which apparently includes quoting Hitler

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stallion said:

Don't get too worked. Its Schtick and and he is trolling

Ah, good to know! I'm pretty new to the forum, and I was beginning to suspect that this individual was just messing around with me. Looking forward to close to "normal" July sailings out of the US!

• Like 1

Just now, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

Ah, good to know! I'm pretty new to the forum, and I was beginning to suspect that this individual was just messing around with me. Looking forward to close to "normal" July sailings out of the US!

Don't feel bad, easy1234 says many things that others do in all earnestness, so it's easy (ha!) to be fooled. Agree with you on looking forward to July sailings from USA!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, easy1234 said:

The CDC is full of experts who have dedicated their lives to infectious diseases! They are the premiere experts in the field and we should trust and listen to the experts! Make sure to get your vaccine but you still need to wear that mask, trust science!

"premiere" experts??

I think you are too close to the situation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, easy1234 said:

I work for the CDC, 

Why would a CDC all of a sudden on april 11th decide to join CC 🤔

Ive sailed with lots of cruisers that have been on multiple cruises

that have never heard of Cruise Critic

Edited by jonbgd
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

IMO, based upon performance, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention failed first at Prevention and then Disease Control.  It once was lamented that experts are those that learn more and more about less and less and, eventually, know everything there to know about nothing.  In that framework, I guess they are experts.   😁

I had to copy that for my "Quotes" file!  LOL  Which is in my "Ask Dad He Always Knows file."  You know, from It's A Wonderful Life...

43 minutes ago, easy1234 said:

CDC are the experts, not university professors.

You do realize those particular "Professors" are first physicians and researchers, not just teachers, those universities are Medical facilities and teaching hospitals that they serve on the beards of...boy oh boy!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Men, God made you the protector and head of your family, protect them now by getting yourself and  them vaccinated. Y'all know your aim suffers when struggling to breathe and you don't want to miss that 14 point buck, do you? It's only 4 more months to deer season.

WOW Coastie say what you really mean😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

Orlando isn't the entire state.  The West Coast has been packed since last July.  My sister is an executive for Publix in Sarasota and her bonus was so large, it paid off her mortgage.  

These people are here and it's packed.

Well Sarasota isn't the entire state either is it?  I think the Orlando number is more reflective of reality since it is the center for Florida tourism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

Orlando isn't the entire state.  The West Coast has been packed since last July.  My sister is an executive for Publix in Sarasota and her bonus was so large, it paid off her mortgage.  

These people are here and it's packed.

Nothing to do with vacationers.  All grocery stores around the county had a great 2020 and earnings due to people being more at home.  2021 is expected to decline as people across the country start to leave their houses more.  

• Like 2