Crown and Anchor

We have 52 points and hope to cruise 7 nights in Feb. 2022 at double points that would give us 66 points and bump us up to Emerald. We have an 8 day on Odyssey in March 2022 giving us 16 more points and putting us at 82 points and Diamond. My questions: Will we get the Emerald benefits on the cruise we achieve Emerald status or on the next cruise? The same question for going from Emerald to Diamond, we will become Diamond near the end of the Odyssey cruise, will we get the benefits from the start of the Odyssey cruise, midway through when we attain the status or on our next cruise? Our next cruise after Odyssey would be a week or 2 later.

I know the small print says allow 30 days for your status to be updated but I'm sure someone said they can check that onboard and give you the status.

Thanks,

Tony

Normally, the higher status is awarded around two weeks after the qualifying cruise. Occasionally if you go to the loyalty desk after reaching the next level on a cruise, they’ll move you up and give you your pin. No guarantees. 

Edited by HicksRA

18 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Normally, the higher status is awarded around two weeks after the qualifying cruise. Occasionally if you go to the loyalty desk after reaching the next level on a cruise, they’ll move you up and give you your pin. No guarantees. 

It is rare to be awarded new level benefits in the middle of a cruise. 
m

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is rare to be awarded new level benefits in the middle of a cruise. 
m

It is rare, but I’ve personally been with people on two separate occasions who were upgraded mid cruise on transatlantics. One from D to D+ and one to E to D. 

We were also upgraded to D+ by the Loyalty Ambassador while on B2B2B cruises on Navigator when we hit that point level.

She was also the future cruise onboard manager that help us book an 16 nights Oz cruise which we did a month later. I had mentioned while doing that we were hitting the D+ level on the third cruise and she offered to upgrade us to D+ status while onboard for that cruise.

It may have helped that third Navigator cruise, making it a B2B2B one was also booked with her while on the first one as we had a change of plans regarding a land vacation we were to do after the original B2B cruises.

Edited by robtulipe

5 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Given all the passengers using double points to obtain new loyalty status, I don't think they will be upgrading early.

Again, I want to welcome the 1 million new D+ members.

This is not really an issue.  By the end of the double points next September, Royal will have given out significantly less points than if COVID hadn't happened.  Cruising stopped in March  and won't resume in earnest until at least mid-July 2021 so at least 16 months.  Double Points ends in September 2022 so it will be for about 14 months.  Additionally, if you don't book by June 30, 2021 you won't get double points, so everyone who is waiting until after cruising resumes from the US to book won't get double points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question since posted above???

Your comment

Additionally, if you don't book by June 30, 2021 you won't get double points, so everyone who is waiting until after cruising resumes from the US to book won't get double points.

I recently booked two new cruises.

One for August of 2022

One for March of 2023.

Since I booked now, will I earn double points for these future cruises?

TY

50 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Question since posted above???

Your comment

Additionally, if you don't book by June 30, 2021 you won't get double points, so everyone who is waiting until after cruising resumes from the US to book won't get double points.

I recently booked two new cruises.

One for August of 2022

One for March of 2023.

Since I booked now, will I earn double points for these future cruises?

TY

You will get double points for your August cruise.

Your March cruise does not qualify as it has to sail prior to Sept 30, 2022 for double points

Book by June 30, 2021 and sail by Sept 30, 2022 to qualify

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I wasn't thinking if B2B cruises.  Many reach a new level on a B2B and are awarded the  higher level on the NEXT leg.  

I have not experienced  or know of  mid- cruise tier changes that what many of you are mentioning.  The only exception I know of is when one reaches Pinnacle.   Pinnacle status is generally recognized on the  cruise when one reaches 700 points.  The awarding of benefits to that or the next cruise seems to vary.  In fact, the specific date and ship  that one actually reaches 700 points is engraved on the crystal  stratum. 

Years ago when we received  ONE ( or two for suite) credits for EACH cruise ( prior to the point  system in 2011) it was rare for one to reach a new status during a crusie.    Now, with  so many  points for each cruise, seems many  could  status change during a crusie.   I suspect they will strictly adhere to the  process of recognizing the new status on the next cruise, again except for Pinnacle.

just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Even if a super nice Loyalty Ambassador were to upgrade us on the day we hit the milestones, in our case, it would basically be on disembarkation day. 🤣 8 night JS in Feb will take us Platinum to Dimond (Skipping Emerald) by 2 points, and a b2b 24 night total JS next June/July will take us to D+ by 3 points.

Congrats to anyone that hits those milestones earlier in their cruises.

If all of our currently booked cruises sail, we will actually get two crystal blocks on the same B2B2B cruise (we hit one on the second day of the first leg, and hit the second on the third leg.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

This is not really an issue.  By the end of the double points next September, Royal will have given out significantly less points than if COVID hadn't happened.  Cruising stopped in March  and won't resume in earnest until at least mid-July 2021 so at least 16 months.  Double Points ends in September 2022 so it will be for about 14 months.  Additionally, if you don't book by June 30, 2021 you won't get double points, so everyone who is waiting until after cruising resumes from the US to book won't get double points.

My belief is that mostly experienced cruisers are the ones taking advantage of the double points as I'm thinking that newbies and second-timers aren't jumping on cruise ships very soon. The demographics of cruises during 2021 and 2022 might be quite interesting.

I expect the next years cruise demographic will not at all be what we expect.  Disney, Club Med, and others are marketing "Revenge Travel" as so many middle income folks have an excess of vacation time coming due to COVID-cancelled plans over the past year.  They also have more discretionary savings as there hasn't been all that many opportunities to splurge.

A good article - "'Revenge Travel' Will Be All The Rage Over The Next Few Years"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

If all of our currently booked cruises sail, we will actually get two crystal blocks on the same B2B2B cruise (we hit one on the second day of the first leg, and hit the second on the third leg.)

Your B2B2B will yield 70 points?  Great.  Hope you are driving to port. They are heavy. 
If you collect blocks, maybe you can pre arrange a trade with someone  on your roll call or FB group page. 

m

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Your B2B2B will yield 70 points?  Great.  Hope you are driving to port. They are heavy. 
If you collect blocks, maybe you can pre arrange a trade with someone  on your roll call or FB group page. 

m

84 points. Three B2B 7-night cruises in a CL suite