Regent 2023 Newbuild?

At today's conference call, NCLH announced that Oceania Vista will enter service in 2023 and will go on sale in September 2021.  Regent's new build is also slated to go into service in 2023 and should go on sale about the same time; why no reference to Regent's new ship at today's call?  Will it be delayed?  Any scuttlebutt from Regent Council Members or others?

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

At today's conference call, NCLH announced that Oceania Vista will enter service in 2023 and will go on sale in September 2021.  Regent's new build is also slated to go into service in 2023 and should go on sale about the same time; why no reference to Regent's new ship at today's call?  Will it be delayed?  Any scuttlebutt from Regent Council Members or others?

I heard at a Regent webinar yesterday from Jason Montague that the new build would go into service in 2023.  It may have just been an oversight by FDR, or he didn't want to scare investors with too much spending talk.

33 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

I heard at a Regent webinar yesterday from Jason Montague that the new build would go into service in 2023.  It may have just been an oversight by FDR, or he didn't want to scare investors with too much spending talk.

Wasn't oversight; they had a slide devoted to Oceania Vista.  

Expect another naming competition for that 2023 ship to be initiated within the year. Similar to Explorer back in 2016.  Threw our hat into that 2016 competition with two suggestions--one serious; the other whimsical.  

Tongue-in-cheek was:  "Terminator".  Obliterate the competition with "the finest cruise ship ever launched."  Arnold Schwarzenegger, rather than a Danish Princess or another Hollywood Personality, would preside at the christening ceremony.  At same, he would intone:  

"I'll be Baaaack!" 

What could possibly be misinterpreted?  Eliminate the competition; and encourage repeat patronage.   

Somehow, that one did not make the cut.  

The serious one:  I am holding this back for reentry into the new hat.  

Mentioned the above to Jason Montague while aboard Explorer during its 2017 series of Inaugural cruises.  That one was March-April Miami-Barcelona-Venice btb segments.  He managed a little chuckle.  

GOARMY!

Still upset that with Splendor they deviated from naming the ships for dynamic travel activities and settled for a description of grandeur.  So probably Magnificence, or something like that.

Per GoArmy, I'll withhold my serious entries which will be those I tried before.

9 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

At a time when they dont know for sure when their existing ships will start cruising, I think it a bit ridiculous for them to be talking about new ships

Life has to go on. Oceania just announced the name of their 2023 new ship, and other details (onboard features, itineraries) will be revealed in the coming months.

If the Regent new ship will be delivered on time in 2023, there should be some news now, since Regent often publishes the itineraries even earlier than Oceania.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

10 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

At a time when they dont know for sure when their existing ships will start cruising, I think it a bit ridiculous for them to be talking about new ships

It is kind of exciting - something to look forward to - sailing on a new ship - fun fun fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frickwg said:

How many passengers?  I hate huge ships ever since a long cruise on the Enterprise!

It will be the same size as the Explorer and Splendor.  That is, around 700 passengers.  

On 5/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, cruiseluv said:

As others have said, life goes on .............. and hopefully international travel & cruising will shortly follow.

It takes years from planning & ordering a ship to the time the new ship sets sail, and it is not a process that can easily be stopped or delayed once the investment has been committed.

In the UK this week we saw the christening of two new ships; Viking Venus and P&O Iona

Domestic cruising around the UK is due to commence soon. Although these ships & itineraries are not for us, we wish the cruise lines & their passengers bon voyage; positive feedback from these cruises will provide much needed optimism. 

• Like 4