Silversea Lisbon

Kate.

Our TA told me Monday, May 3rd that Silversea had not yet decided on the hotel.

For the Spirit maiden crossing back in January 2010, we along with about 15 Silver Spirit cruise critica fellow crossers stayed at the Lisbon Marriott.  So for the Dawn maiden crossing to help rekindle those very fond memories, am staying again at the Lisbon Marriott.  

We're using the best Tour Guide we have used in 35 cruises, Jorge Bras, owner of Premier Tours to provide us transfers (hotel and pier) and a Lisbon tour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WesW said:

Our TA told me Monday, May 3rd that Silversea had not yet decided on the hotel.

For the Spirit maiden crossing back in January 2010, we along with about 15 Silver Spirit cruise critica fellow crossers stayed at the Lisbon Marriott.  So for the Dawn maiden crossing to help rekindle those very fond memories, am staying again at the Lisbon Marriott.  

We're using the best Tour Guide we have used in 35 cruises, Jorge Bras, owner of Premier Tours to provide us transfers (hotel and pier) and a Lisbon tour.

And remember Wes, I knew him first and love his rags to riches story. First time he picked us up in some little foreign car and we toured the city, Sintra, Caiscais, lunch at some little beach shack. Next time a little larger set of wheels.  Last time, prior to Covid, Jorge's employee picked us up in a Mercedes.  Glad we all survived.  Give him my regards.  And also to you and Ida!

• Like 3

Absolutely will Mary Ann. .  We have hosted Jorge on board the Spirit for Lunch and whenever we disembark in Lisbon he transfers us to the airport without regard to his schedule and insists on not charging us.  Mary Ann, his tour company, Premier Tours (like most other travel companies (e.g. cruiselines) was devastated by Covid, so we're happy to give him our business.

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

We used Jorge’s company in 2013 based on the recommendations here. He had another tour guide take us out for the day as he had some family health issues. He was excellent.  Can’t recommend highly enough. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Lisbon -- Portugal is still not open to US citizens.  What are the chances of this TA going forward? -- we are 6 months out.  If it's not a go, any thoughts on what an alternative itinerary might be?  Different departure port?

On 5/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, Lois R said:

I have a cruise booked for Oct out of Lisbon too.........Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Hi Lois,  I am now booked out of Lisbon on Nov 5.  Gave up the Mid-East cruise and am now doing B2B, Lisbon to Rome to Athens (I hope) on the Shadow.

Missy in Maryland

• Like 1

I am on Spirit for the transatlantic starting 28 November.  I am using Silverseas upgraded hotel for 2 days prior to departure.  Unfortunately this involves travelling on Thanksgiving day and my DW is not happy.  Should I engage Premier Tours for the Saturday tour?  Any recommendations on what tour to take?  Thanks in advance for your help.

2 hours ago, Solitarycruiser said:

Unfortunately this involves travelling on Thanksgiving day and my DW is not happy.  Should I engage Premier Tours for the Saturday tour?

Nah.  If she’s already ticked, she’s already ticked.  No need in compounding the problem by making her go on a tour too.  

Sit by the pool, book a couples massage, and take her out for a great dinner.  Maybe even dancing afterwards.  Then, and only then, may your transgressions be mitigated.  Never truly forgotten, but mitigated nonetheless. 😉

• Haha 1

Solitarycruiser, am on the Dawn from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  Since I like to walk have booked Premier Tours for their half day walking tour in Lisbon on November 9th.  Tho, won't be able to go if Silversea still requires guests to take their ship tours only.

We did a full day Lisbon private tour with the owner of Premier, Jorge Bras back in January 2010 for the Spirit's maiden crossing.  Jorge hit a grand slam for this Lisbon tour; we have used him half dozen times since and referred over a dozen cruise friends to him the past 11 years.

• Like 1

My husband and I are seriously considering joining LoisR (whom I remember fondly from her days on the Celebrity board!) on the October 8, 2021 cruise out of Lisbon.  We would fly in several days earlier and tour Lisbon.  I didn't know we might have an option of a Silversea hotel.  Did I misunderstand something?

Additionally, I called our credit card company today (Chase Sapphire Preferred) to inquire about trip interruption or cancellation coverage for COVID-driven events and was somewhat surprised at her answer.  She said that we would be covered if, for some weird reason, we tested positive before embarking (we've been fully vaccinated since February).  She said that would be considered an illness and would be covered.  But the new guidance from the EU states that individual countries can decide to close their borders to any countries experiencing spikes.  So I inquired in my Chase credit card travel benefit would cover that and she said it would not.  I then called Silversea and the rep there said she was quite certain we would be given our money back or Future Cruise Credit if that were the case.

So many things to consider when travelling post-pandemic!!

Hi Lovestx, sorry I don't recall your screen name.....but I started a roll call for the sailing if you want to come say hello over there🙂

As for hotels,  I think this is normal....I know I have stayed at SS hotels pre cruise before and use their transfer to get there and to the ship and back to the airport. The transfers are no extra $$.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lovestx, sorry I don't recall your screen name.....but I started a roll call for the sailing if you want to come say hello over there🙂

As for hotels,  I think this is normal....I know I have stayed at SS hotels pre cruise before and use their transfer to get there and to the ship and back to the airport. The transfers are no extra $$.

How do I find out about the SS hotels pre cruise?  Ask my TA I guess.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, MHF said:

Hi Lois,  I am now booked out of Lisbon on Nov 5.  Gave up the Mid-East cruise and am now doing B2B, Lisbon to Rome to Athens (I hope) on the Shadow.

Missy in Maryland

We will try to leave the ship in good condition when we get off in Lisbon!

• Like 1