Who in their right mind would want to cruise under these conditions??????

Topdog52

On 5/12/2021 at 2:44 PM, RocketMan275 said:

If that makes you happy. 

'Caution' isn't always the best option.  

Why not just have Grubhub deliver your meals to your home? 

You won't have to wear a mask.

It will be as much fun as having meals served to your suite.

Think of the money you'll save.

The reply I made was in regards to those who want to cruise now.

It was not in support of cruising at this time.

Peace.

Edited by SireDoime
additional context

2 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

LOL.  Harts is a tourist favorite.  Very down to earth, low key. 

If you're looking for really fresh seafood, SALS at Moultons Farm between Meredith and Center Harbor Thur-Sat is the place we love.  Not cheap, just fresh and mostly live caught.  BTW, lobster is "insane" right now.  $13.99-$15.99 per lb.  Similar with Maine steamers.

We're also packed.  It seems like many 2nd homeowners stayed the winter or left late and returned early.  It is going to be a packed summer as rentals at the hotspots are reporting on local TV they are booked Memorial day to Labor day.

Bike week is prepping, but you should be OK next week.

If your heading towards North Conway, as you pass Center Harbor Bay,  we're down on the NE (left from the road) side down the Bay on open water looking across to Gunstock.  38 years.

The trees that blossom are near an end and the buds are developing the leaves.  Another group of days of warm weather and it should pop.  It is very, very, very dry.  We have our irrigation on every wee am and, on alternate days, turn the sprinkler heads around to hit the perennial gardens and small ornamental shrubs (it is that dry).

Thanks for the info, we are actually headed up to Jackson. Been to Meredith, NC a bunch of times. My company does a lot of work with EFI Vutek who used to be in Meredith. Hitting the Wine'ing Butcher for 10lb-15lbs of beef tips, we can't them down here

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

She can't stand all the fanfare, she has been on CNN, FOX, our local news but she is not comfortable in front of a camera. I don't think she would have done any press but she kind of had to. She is a workaholic, and would rather be at the "Bench" (Lab) She, her husband and her daughter Susan are wonderful people. At the end of the day she is a typical nerdy scientist. My wife is also a scientist, between them my head starts spinning about 2 minutes into any conversations Lol

We are headed up to your part of the woods next week. I need to get my turkey sandwich from Harts Lol

Thank you for sharing.. So interesting.. I also wonder why in the recesses of my memory (I have raised show dogs for many past decades) I remember giving my dogs corona vaccinations if this is such a new thing, as many anti-vaxxers purport. 

10 hours ago, coffeebean said:

All the more reason for 100% vaccinated cruises. No masks anywhere. YooHoo!!! I'm doing a happy dance hoping the mask restrictions will be completely lifted.

Yes. I am also.. But even if we have to wear them, I am still happy to cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think the cruisers who are cruising right now are getting an excellent experience. This maybe the closest to pre-pandemic cruising there ever will be. I suspect cruising next year will look very different.

What kind of differences to you expect next year compared to now?

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

What kind of differences to you expect next year compared to now?

Without dragging the entire forum down, I don't believe the industry will ever be the same.

Of course, I'm just one opinion.

I have admiration for those who can remain positive.

We did a cruise out of Germany (Kiel) to Sweden from July 12 to 19.

We had to be tested at a test-center at home (48-24 Hours prior arrival at Port), we got tested at port prior Check-In, there was a test in the middle of the Cruise and a test at the end of the Cruise (before leaving the terminal).

And you had to wear masks almost everywhere. 

But the cruise was just awesome and we enjoyed every minute.

We would do it again in a heartbeat. 

EA3F0A68-2E90-4185-9762-449A562351AD.jpeg

DC1243EE-4DCD-4FF9-9301-31FE4E9B6B4B.jpeg

1D1311A9-5408-43AC-83DD-FA75B8649BBD.jpeg

C89C9160-97E7-4665-8F0B-865D898B01E5.jpeg

D37F8B91-0C20-4504-B198-C2EEEF41B642.jpeg

1F4C7492-1B55-47FD-9DD9-B5973A72A604.jpeg

1776C28D-CF89-4DD3-974D-093A521E9F90.jpeg

On 5/14/2021 at 8:57 PM, kristi195 said:

Thank you for sharing.. So interesting.. I also wonder why in the recesses of my memory (I have raised show dogs for many past decades) I remember giving my dogs corona vaccinations if this is such a new thing, as many anti-vaxxers purport. 

You remember correctly - kennel cough is a corona virus. So is the common cold in humans. We haven't cracked a vaccine for the common cold yet, and not sure that it would be economically worthwhile even with this new technology.