The Daily for Monday May 10, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I feel like I'm taking up too much room on the prayer list lately.🙁

Don't feel that way.   We all want to be here to support each other on the Daily.   Right now, you are the one that needs the support.   We'll all be there at some point or another.  But, supporting one another when they need it is why we come back each day.   

My DBIL had a heart cath and stent procedure last summer.   The doctors said he was minutes away from a massive heart attack.  Two days later, he walked home from the hospital.  Ok, it was across the street and down a block, but he did walk it.  Trust the doctors.  This is what they do every day.  And you did say your sister was known for complications.  She's just behaving normally.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I feel like I'm taking up too much room on the prayer list lately.🙁

No, we're all concerned and care about our Daily family.  Hoping you sister and brother will be getting the care they need and be better very soon.

Laura

• Like 12

@Quartzsite Cruiserthe news yesterday was concerning for all of us.  Some problems have cropped up with her and none of us know what to think.  I hope things turn around for her.  Saying our prayers and keeping fingers crossed.  I'm sure the doctors will be checking her out and letting us know what's up.

And just 5 minutes ago my brother texted his cardiologist wants to to a cardiac catheterization on him and put a stent in if necessary, May 24.  

Feeling numb right now with all these worries.

So sorry to hear this.  And you weren't even on the care list today.  I moved you to the celebration list when Dsis moved out of ICU.

Roy

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

So sorry to hear this.  And you weren't even on the care list today.  I moved you to the celebration list when Dsis moved out of ICU.

Roy

I know.  I didn't find out about her latest issues until last night and didn't want to post about it right away. 

As I was typing that I finally got some answers from one of my nieces.  She said the behaviors yesterday that mimicked a stroke are believed to be caused by a reaction to two drugs they had her on.  They've switched to one other drug instead and have to wait until the other drugs are cleared to see how that works for her.  She does have low sodium now so they are concerned about her kidneys due to that.  Always a complication!

But when we all thought she'd had a stroke we were panicking.  I would LOVE for things to calm down now.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

A few days ago Mrs. XBGuy reported that while she was at her outside mosaics workstation she noticed a little bird go into one of the nearby pots.  This is the pot without the bird.

IMG_7045.jpg.9f5843bcf3d8a5dc1e3f51ea0a79fbc4.jpg

Well, I knew that bird would not get privacy very much longer.  Sure enough, using the flashlight and camer on her mobile phone she found baby birds.

image0.gif.c0c6929a244a1a2840adcb8514bfdc21.gif

Love this!  Reminds me of my little Mexican birds that somehow ended up here.  They do migrate to the U.S. and parts of Canada but don’t belong here.  Anyways, once they came they stayed and return every year.

First year I found a nest in a hanging basket.  Now they are often in my planters on the deck (I guess they think the deck has more foliage to protect them).  I have to be very careful when I put my spouts in to water.  Don’t want to hurt a baby 😉 

• Like 16

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Working on cleaning up my room.  A salute to Small Business.  I often trust my intuition but not always.  I know I've been to Valencia on a BHB but may be too busy to post photos.  The meal suggestion sounds nice.  My alternative is Melon Trio and Chicken Cordon Bleu which I would have had on the MS Amsterdam April 16,  if I had not been in the Pinnacle Grill that night.  The Nieuw Statendam now has a pilot on board and will arrive in Everglades shortly..

Today's care list:

Kakalina

myself facing cardiac surgery May 14

Welfare of furloughed crews

India

JazzyV eye issues

Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery

Sharon’s ear issues

Knee replacement for redbird57 DH

NextOne DH recovering from surgery

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Getaways for AncientWanderer and CruisingAlong

Nieuw Statendam back at PE Monday

Getaway for CruisingAlong

First jab for Marmot@sea

second jabs for cunnorl’s DD and Ds

lindaler visit from oldest DS

StLouisCruiser’s Dsis out of ICU

CrabbiPatti taking DM out for an uncrowded Mothers Day Lunch

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

I wish you well with the surgery and will be praying for you.  I had  a tripe by pass surgery in  London, On., June 1, 2015 and it went well.   God bless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's been a crazy day, the start to what may be a crazy week.  I got hit by a corollary of the appliance curse.  My shower won't completely shut off and the drip is getting stronger, more of a trickle than a drip now.  I have a plumber coming tomorrow and can't plan to be away from home.  This morning I had an appointment with my lawyer to update my will.  I am also required to have a Covid test before the surgery and hadn't been contacted to set it up.  I left an inquiry and they finally contacted me a little before I needed to go to the lawyer.  They said I had to have the test either today or tomorrow.  Oops.

I ended up with appointments for the lawyer at 11 and the test at 1:15.  That was later than I wanted but the next one forward was noon and I wasn't sure I could make that.  As it turned out I was only at the lawyer about 10 minutes, leaving me a LOT of time before the Covid test.  I decided to do a test run to the clinic and then hit Panera for lunch before the test but when I got there the noon slot was still open and I got seen early..  I got done at Panera and back home before my original appointment.

We also have a Fire Department Board meeting and I spent about 90 minutes at the station but am finally back home.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
typo
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, boards said:

I wish you well with the surgery and will be praying for you.  I had  a tripe by pass surgery in  London, On., June 1, 2015 and it went well.   God bless.

Thank you and welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 7

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

It's been a crazy day, the start to what may be a crazy week.  I got hit by a corollary of the appliance curse.  My shower won't completely shut off and the drip is getting stronger, more of a trickle than a drip now.  I have a plumber coming tomorrow and can't plan to be away from home.  This morning I had an appointment with my lawyer to update my will.  I am also required to have a Covid test before the surgery and hadn't been contacted to set it up.  I left an inquiry and they finally contacted me a little before I needed to go to the lawyer.  They said I had to have the test either today or tomorrow.  Oops.

I ended up with appointments for the lawyer at 11 and the test at 1:15.  That was later than I wanted but the next one forward was noon and I wasn't sure I could make that.  As it turned out I was only at the lawyer about 10 minutes, leaving me a LOT of time before the Covid test.  I decided to do a test run to the clinic and then hit Panera for lunch before the test but when I got there the noon slot was still open and I got seen early..  I got done at Panera and back home before my original appointment.

We also have a Fire Department Board meeting and I spent about 90 minutes at the station but am finally back home.

Rou

It sounds like you have everything in hand now, and taken care of.  At least when the plumber gets that leak fixed!  

We are all wishing you well and sending prayers your way for Friday.  As my niece and I were saying to each other "We're praying as hard as we can for everybody",  especially with all this latest news.  🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

Love this!  Reminds me of my little Mexican birds that somehow ended up here.  They do migrate to the U.S. and parts of Canada but don’t belong here.  Anyways, once they came they stayed and return every year.

First year I found a nest in a hanging basket.  Now they are often in my planters on the deck (I guess they think the deck has more foliage to protect them).  I have to be very careful when I put my spouts in to water.  Don’t want to hurt a baby 😉 

We often have birds nesting in our fuschia hanging baskets.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yikes on that leak.  Hope the plumber can fix it fast.

You’ve had a busy day.  Not a good start to the week.  

If you need me to start the Care/Celebratory & Shout Out list earlier than the 13th - just let me know.  You have a lot on your plate 😔 

I hope you know that my prayers for you always continue 🙏🏻 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, (afternoon?) all! Well , clean up,your room is definitely not my favourite day, but the meal suggestion hits the spot!

Yesterday was beautiful weather for Mother’s Day. I heard from both my girls, and they sent flowers. My sister also called to pass on news from her boys. DH made me breakfast, and we picked up Chinese take out for dinner. And then there was wine.

I went out early in the morning to gather maple leaves for my first fresh leaf botanical print scarf of the season. Everything used on it was something I picked or brewed myself. I was able to leisurely take my time with it, and apply what I learned over the winter. I’m really pleased with how it came out!

Today we are catching up on odds and ends, and dinner will be leftovers from yesterday. I was given a bottle of Bobbex yesterday to spray the plants the squirrels need to be discouraged from climbing. Now that the Rieslings are teenagers, they can do some serious damage when they get rowdy. 
Tomorrow DH goes to the dentist to have a crown put on the tooth he had the root canal work on last week. 

Here’s the finished scarf. The background is a dye made from windfall lichen from our Salt Spring fir trees. It’s more peach coloured than shows in the photos.

CA94FB7B-5942-4174-B366-A91D3E907575.thumb.jpeg.ce8c6d0ca8db37b14e36201c7b8d6791.jpeg

23A20939-6EB4-4559-AF5D-AAD011638EBC.thumb.jpeg.200002d04a01778e031899032536c519.jpeg

BC363302-D2ED-4A04-9EB4-C1CB71411411.thumb.jpeg.38d68984ef6beb5947963a2ab2010dd2.jpeg

And of course, Happy Monday with fond thoughts of our beloved BHB’s!

33E5F930-22D4-42EA-BE0A-771A78C9DAA6.thumb.jpeg.c0cc4edab351a408d905a250c0313e5f.jpeg

• Like 25

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Quartzsite Cruiserthe news yesterday was concerning for all of us.  Some problems have cropped up with her and none of us know what to think.  I hope things turn around for her.  Saying our prayers and keeping fingers crossed.  I'm sure the doctors will be checking her out and letting us know what's up.

And just 5 minutes ago my brother texted his cardiologist wants to to a cardiac catheterization on him and put a stent in if necessary, May 24.  

Feeling numb right now with all these worries.

Sandi, I’m so sorry your family is having such a difficult time right now. Virtual hugs, and my prayers that all will go,well for both your sister and your brother.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Sandi, I’m so sorry your family is having such a difficult time right now. Virtual hugs, and my prayers that all will go,well for both your sister and your brother.

Thank you.  Everyone here has been so supportive.  It helps a lot.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, (afternoon?) all! Well , clean up,your room is definitely not my favourite day, but the meal suggestion hits the spot!

Yesterday was beautiful weather for Mother’s Day. I heard from both my girls, and they sent flowers. My sister also called to pass on news from her boys. DH made me breakfast, and we picked up Chinese take out for dinner. And then there was wine.

I went out early in the morning to gather maple leaves for my first fresh leaf botanical print scarf of the season. Everything used on it was something I picked or brewed myself. I was able to leisurely take my time with it, and apply what I learned over the winter. I’m really pleased with how it came out!

Today we are catching up on odds and ends, and dinner will be leftovers from yesterday. I was given a bottle of Bobbex yesterday to spray the plants the squirrels need to be discouraged from climbing. Now that the Rieslings are teenagers, they can do some serious damage when they get rowdy. 
Tomorrow DH goes to the dentist to have a crown put on the tooth he had the root canal work on last week. 

Here’s the finished scarf. The background is a dye made from windfall lichen from our Salt Spring fir trees. It’s more peach coloured than shows in the photos.

CA94FB7B-5942-4174-B366-A91D3E907575.thumb.jpeg.ce8c6d0ca8db37b14e36201c7b8d6791.jpeg

23A20939-6EB4-4559-AF5D-AAD011638EBC.thumb.jpeg.200002d04a01778e031899032536c519.jpeg

BC363302-D2ED-4A04-9EB4-C1CB71411411.thumb.jpeg.38d68984ef6beb5947963a2ab2010dd2.jpeg

33E5F930-22D4-42EA-BE0A-771A78C9DAA6.thumb.jpeg.c0cc4edab351a408d905a250c0313e5f.jpeg

The scarf is lovely.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Very very nice!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

There were no two-week cruises, so I was disappointed.

Same here.  I do (well, did) the 14-day every year.  Had to do the 7-day only once because of a friend's time constraints.  TOTALLY different cruise!  Different onboard ambiance, different pax demographic, different EVERYTHING!  I guess my Alaska days are now over since I doubt that they will deploy either of the remaining two "little" ships for the entire Alaska season, and the big ones can't get into Anchorage.  Bummer!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, just checking in - @StLouisCruisers, please don't feel you're imposing by telling us what's happening in your family.  We're like an extension of that and are willing to add others to the group prayers.  This is a safe place, as has been evidenced by the posts this past year, so come here to cheer, grieve, or gnash your teeth if need be.  I'm sending extra prayers for your DS and now for your DB as well - I'm sure their medical teams will do their utmost to get them back on the track to good health.

@Horizon chaser 1957, the scarf is beautiful - I can't believe you've created it using leaves and natural dyes.  People on this board have such lovely artistic talents, I applaud you all!

Wishing everyone a nice evening ahead.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1