Parking at Southampton

37 minutes ago, ToxM said:

As a local I would suggest you be careful about dates for going, traffic is a nightmare on race days and when there are events at the racecourse which may well cause you problems when coming off the A34. It’s a lovely place to visit, but maybe the day before a cruise, not the actual day.

on a personal note, I cannot wait til I am driving down the A34 again and seeing all the coaches going to Soton, it’s exciting to see it and I am always a bit jealous!!

Thanks Tomx will definitely check first if there are any race days ,as we are from the northeast of England and usually no traffic jams (unless roadworks) we are amazed at the amount of traffic there is as we travel further south and agree so exciting seeing all the coaches going to Southampton 🤗

26 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Thanks, you have given me an idea as we are going via Newbury (ish) for our staycation and the DW loves Downstairs Abbey.

Oh dear just looked at the website and the dates we could do are either sold out or they are not open.

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

As a local I would suggest you be careful about dates for going, traffic is a nightmare on race days and when there are events at the racecourse which may well cause you problems when coming off the A34. It’s a lovely place to visit, but maybe the day before a cruise, not the actual day.

on a personal note, I cannot wait til I am driving down the A34 again and seeing all the coaches going to Soton, it’s exciting to see it and I am always a bit jealous!!

Tom, you're absolutely right, and in the days before the bypass was built it was even worse, as you no doubt remember. The A4/A34 junction was a nightmare!

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Thanks, you have given me an idea as we are going via Newbury (ish) for our staycation and the DW loves Downstairs Abbey.

Hope you have a great staycation cruise.

Just read your next post,sorry to hear it is closed or sold out.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hope you have a great staycation cruise.

Just read your next post,sorry to hear it is closed or sold out.

Thanks, it is not too much of a problem as we have plenty to fit in. After the staycation cruise we have a couple of nights in Portsmouth to visit friends then over to Ashford for the weekend to babysit our two granddaughters. Finally off to Croydon for two nights so we can get the early morning train to Victoria and then the Northern Belle to Bournemouth for the day. So missing out on a Castle this time is not a problem as we have a Princess Cruises seacation later we could include the castle in.

As my wife often says to me, "We do live a boring life and never do anything!" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Tom, you're absolutely right, and in the days before the bypass was built it was even worse, as you no doubt remember. The A4/A34 junction was a nightmare!

Oh yes, absolutely remember those days!

• 1 month later...

We're booked on a Princess cruise in October and looking at booking CPS parking closer to the time. Their cancellation policy states that an admin fee of £15 may apply but doesn't mention the refund of monies paid (from what I can see), I assume that they do but they don't spell it out. Has anyone had first hand experience or knowledge of this?

I'm going on one of the Britannia cruise's in July and emailed CPS regarding this and this was their reply:

Our policy is, if the cruise is cancelled by the cruise line, you can request a full refund or transfer to a later date.  If you cancel but the cruise but the ship is still scheduled to sail, there is a £15.00 administration fee or you can transfer to another cruise free of charge.

As we are also going on a Iona cruise in August we booked the parking, if the July cruise is cancelled we can transfer it to the Iona cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

I'm going on one of the Britannia cruise's in July and emailed CPS regarding this and this was their reply:

Our policy is, if the cruise is cancelled by the cruise line, you can request a full refund or transfer to a later date.  If you cancel but the cruise but the ship is still scheduled to sail, there is a £15.00 administration fee or you can transfer to another cruise free of charge.

As we are also going on a Iona cruise in August we booked the parking, if the July cruise is cancelled we can transfer it to the Iona cruise.

OK, thanks for the info. That makes it more clear.

If you are looking for places to visit near Southampton please take a drive out to Wickham. It's a lovely village with lovely unique shops, local walks and water meadows. And please pop into my gift shop to say hello - sorry for the plug but business is tough! It would be great to meet you all.

Cathy

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Cathygh said:

If you are looking for places to visit near Southampton please take a drive out to Wickham. It's a lovely village with lovely unique shops, local walks and water meadows. And please pop into my gift shop to say hello - sorry for the plug but business is tough! It would be great to meet you all.

Cathy

Nice shout out 😉 I go to wickham quite often with my sister when I visit her , love the little small shops, all ways pop into the chocolate shop , the clothes shop opposite and the gift shop at the end , I’ve brought many things in there before if that is your shop and then onto the cafe ( all in the arcade) am I in the right place as you ?

13 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Cathy

Oh thank you . We will try to get to your village 

We are going on Britannia (we hope) on 29th August and want to park for a week at the port. Does P&O go from the Ocean Terminal? CPS seems to be ok. Then there is Triangle car park. We prefer self parking but not sure if that is near the P&O terminal. Only time we have cruised with P&O was from Barbados! Anyone help?

8 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are going on Britannia (we hope) on 29th August and want to park for a week at the port. Does P&O go from the Ocean Terminal? CPS seems to be ok. Then there is Triangle car park. We prefer self parking but not sure if that is near the P&O terminal. Only time we have cruised with P&O was from Barbados! Anyone help?

I'm not aware of any company that allows self parking at the port, other than for mini breaks. 

Both CPS and Parking4cruises come recommended by many on this forum.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, Cathygh said:

Cathy

We will pop up soon Cathy, need to support each other through these difficult times. 

Be proud you have survived so far, many haven't... 

Andy & Michelle x

• Like 5

8 hours ago, sandancer said:

Britannia traditionally sailed from Ocean terminal but Iona will now get priority with Britannia probably moving down to Mayflower when Iona is in. You would need to check specifics for your cruise. 

Andy 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sandancer said:

I believe Triangle parking offer a self park option.  Saying you can walk to Ocean Terminal or Park and Transfer to other terminals.  I only know this having looked it up after it was mentioned.   For the transfers they use West Quay Cars.  However, the car park is open 24 hours and although it says there is CTV, that would worry me.

If I stay in a hotel with parking I always use West Quay Cars, I think their service is excellent, and would recommend them to others.

Personally,  CPS, (not a self park option),  will always be my choice for parking at the Port.  I have used them in excess of 20 times and not experienced a problem.  Convenient and efficient. For the staycation added bonus of the drive through testing away from the embarkation terminal.  I feel happy waiting for results etc in the comfort of my own car.

Edited by Pink-belle

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

We will pop up soon Cathy, need to support each other through these difficult times. 

Be proud you have survived so far, many haven't... 

Andy & Michelle x

Thank you Andy, I keep looking on the bright side, it won't last forever. I know I've been lucky. It would be lovely to see you both and it's great to see you posting Andy. I hope your business is doing well too. Cathy xx

• Like 1

The Triangle car park is self parking and is within a short walking distance to Ocean Terminal but there are 2 reasons why I would never use  it is whilst your itinerary say you might be returning to Ocean that can change at the last minute then you would have to get a taxi from whichever terminal is used but the main reason for not using it is that the car park is open to the public and security would be an issue for me and damage to my car. Generally shorter cruises 7 days and under CPS are cheaper and longer cruises P4C are cheaper having used both and been very happy would use either whichever was the cheapest.

• Like 1