Parking at Southampton

2 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Personally for us, it’s either a stay and park at Holiday Inn, or the Dolphin Hotel, or CPS.

we are using CPS for the staycations.

Thanks will look on the website we are staying at the premier inn in Newbury but will drive to Southampton on the morning

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks will look on the website we are staying at the premier inn in Newbury but will drive to Southampton on the morning

Hi Lindy.

Newbury is only a couple of miles from Highclere castle Downton abbey.

Are you visiting there?

Whew! 

I am booked with them for the first time and have had to transfer my reservation 3 times due to the covid cancellations. 

I don't think I will have any problems with them as how they operate appears to be very similar to CPS, except for the short drive after unloading the luggage. 

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Lindy.

Are you visiting there?

Or you could visit my old office in Newbury,  if you like!

It all depends on the length of your cruise if you are paying for parking who you use CPS are normally cheaper for shorter cruises and then it changes to P4C being cheaper. Both virtually the same process and might be worth just doing dummy bookings on their websites to see which is better value.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham we would love to visit Highclere castle and thinking about going before our cruise. Lindy

If you do, have a look at their website and book in advance. We went a couple of years ago, obviously pre COVID but I booked in February for July and it was booking up quickly. I don’t know what they’re doing now but they only opened a few weeks a year then.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thank you for all your replies our first cruise is only 4 days on Britannia on 4th July can’t wait fingers crossed all will be ok. Lindy

I’ve always used CPS and have had no problems.

How wonderful to be going on your first cruise. Make sure you let us know how you get on. 

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

If you do, have a look at their website and book in advance. We went a couple of years ago, obviously pre COVID but I booked in February for July and it was booking up quickly. I don’t know what they’re doing now but they only opened a few weeks a year then.

Thanks for the tips can’t wait to be having fun and living life again.

• Like 2

Have been looking at hotels in Southampton. Holiday Inn in Southampton only has parking for 15 days. Holiday Inn express has park and cruise for 4 days at £195, doesn't mention free transfers. CPS parking £50 for 3 days may do that and find a hotel in city centre so we can have a walk about southampton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve always used CPS and have had no problems.

How wonderful to be going on your first cruise. Make sure you let us know how you get on. 

Certainly will do praying everything will be ok for us and all the following cruises what can go wrong if passengers are all fully vaccinated and crew tested and quarantined what more can you do

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thank you for all your replies our first cruise is only 4 days on Britannia on 4th July can’t wait fingers crossed all will be ok. Lindy

Hope you have a fab cruise. Last time i parked at southampton i just booked through that well known booking website. Like the extra holiday bits website. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Certainly will do praying everything will be ok for us and all the following cruises what can go wrong if passengers are all fully vaccinated and crew tested and quarantined what more can you do

Good luck Lindy.

I hope all goes well and you have a fantastic time.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham we would love to visit Highclere castle and thinking about going before our cruise. Lindy

I think it was 2017 or 2018 when I considered visiting Highclere on the way down to Southampton. Had a look at their website about 3 weeks before the date we wanted and they were booked solid for weeks. It must be a very popular place. 

edit - just seen Sue’s post

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

As a local I would suggest you be careful about dates for going, traffic is a nightmare on race days and when there are events at the racecourse which may well cause you problems when coming off the A34. It’s a lovely place to visit, but maybe the day before a cruise, not the actual day.

on a personal note, I cannot wait til I am driving down the A34 again and seeing all the coaches going to Soton, it’s exciting to see it and I am always a bit jealous!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Lindy.

Are you visiting there?

Thanks, you have given me an idea as we are going via Newbury (ish) for our staycation and the DW loves Downstairs Abbey.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Hope you have a fab cruise. Last time i parked at southampton i just booked through that well known booking website. Like the extra holiday bits website. 

I was going to say exactly the same.