New updates (5/12/21) to the CSO Operations Manual for Simulated and Restricted Voyages

Ken the cruiser

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

When a non-vaccinated person decides to not wear a useless mask (and most of those sold at Target / Macys / grocers are useless) they assume the risk. Get vaxed or sequester forever. Covid's not completely going away, we have to learn to live with it

I hope that you will continue to take care. To give up, means that the sacrifices of the past year will have been in vain.

As caribill pointed out in #56, outbreaks can still occur when masks are down. Superspreader events can still occur. It's not just the personal risk. Who's the first person to bring the UK/Brazil/Indian/XXX variant to North America?

Yes, vaccinated people can still end up in hospitals. For the elderly, covid is still a risk because of the wide variance in antibody response (see chart below).

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210413/Measurable-antibody-response-to-mRNA-COVID-19-vaccine-in-elderly-care-home-residents.aspx

Need a better mask? Production of N95 masks have ramp up. Recently scored a few Workhorse brand N95 masks (lot number on the side) from Home Depot. Use those for high risk situations.

Hopefully, Canadians are opening up in a methodical manner with metrics for infection and vax rates..

“Even as reopening plans are being unveiled, Neudorf cautions that officials should avoid playing into the expectation that “at some magic number or date, COVID is just going to disappear from the face of the planet.” The virus keeps delivering surprises, he notes...”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canadas-roadmap-to-reopening-look-to-saskatchewan/ar-BB1gHux2

Nursing home - post vaccination April 2022.JPG

Edited by HappyInVan

From your link:

7 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Screenshot_20210516-075331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6c065adccc452664a6ce4436b3b930a2.jpg

as to your suggestion that I buy a better mask, no thank you. I'm keeping my 7 useless ones for when it's socially appropriate to wear one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

I

When a non-vaccinated person decides to not wear a useless mask (and most of those sold at Target / Macys / grocers are useless) they assume the risk. Get vaxed or sequester forever. Covid's not completely going away, we have to learn to live with it

The risk they are assuming is that of spreading the virus to other unvaccinated people.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, caribill said:

The risk they are assuming is that of spreading the virus to other unvaccinated people.

Or getting it themselves. If you choose not to vaccinate you are choosing to get sick or pass virus on to others 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

Or getting it themselves. If you choose not to vaccinate you are choosing to get sick or pass virus on to others 

Well put. I do understand that some cannot get the vaccine outside of a hospital setting but that is one possible place to get it

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well put. I do understand that some cannot get the vaccine outside of a hospital setting but that is one possible place to get it

If you can’t vaccinate then you should wear a mask for your own safety and other non vaccinated people’s safety and be prepared to take lots of tests if you decide to travel

• Like 1