New updates (5/12/21) to the CSO Operations Manual for Simulated and Restricted Voyages

Ken the cruiser

The CSO has some new "Fully Vaccinated Travelers" additions.

Shore Excursions & Transportation Services

Fully Vaccinated Travelers

• Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements.

Mask Use

Fully Vaccinated Travelers

• Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may gather or conduct activities outdoors, including engaging in extended meal service or beverage consumption, without wearing a mask except in crowded settings.

COVID-19 Operations Manual for Simulated and Restricted Voyages under the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order | Quarantine | CDC

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just now, oskidunker said:

So take a bite and dump soup on your mask is gone?

So what is a crowded setting? Tables are not very close in the dining room? I think some tables ,except the twofers, are 6 feet apart.

Just now, cruisequeen4ever said:

So how the heck do they plan on monitoring who’s vaccinated by the pool and who isn’t?? 

They won't have to if being fully vaccinated is a requirement to sail.

• Like 6

It sounds like the CDC will be issuing new guidelines in the near future stating anyone with a vaccine does NOT have to wear a mask outdoors or indoors. 

I am sure we will continue to see changes to the cruise line restrictions once this goes in effect. 

• Like 3

Seems like good progress!  I would guess there is no coincidence between the timing of this change and the court case that is going on today!

The cruise ships will require all guests to agree to specific covid rules before they board.   They will document the rules and agree to them, with the understanding that they are risking being kicked off the ship if they are violated.  There is no way a cruise line can monitor whether the individual is wearing a mask while on a self-guided tour.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

It sounds like the CDC will be issuing new guidelines in the near future stating anyone with a vaccine does NOT have to wear a mask outdoors or indoors. 

I am sure we will continue to see changes to the cruise line restrictions once this goes in effect. 

I'm thinking not until the Big Guy takes his off.

• Like 3

This is a small step in the right direction. We have been vaccinated and have never had Covid-19, so if we are tested and have been vaccinated why do we have to where a mask in any setting?  These rinkeydink masks do not protect us from getting covid and if we don't have covid we can't spread it.  We love cruising and we hope by 2022 we are done with this nonsense and can get back to having another wonderful vacation on Princess.  YMMV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyme2Cruise said:

This is a small step in the right direction. We have been vaccinated and have never had Covid-19, so if we are tested and have been vaccinated why do we have to where a mask in any setting?  These rinkeydink masks do not protect us from getting covid and if we don't have covid we can't spread it.  We love cruising and we hope by 2022 we are done with this nonsense and can get back to having another wonderful vacation on Princess.  YMMV

Count yourself as one of the lucky ones.  I don't know what "rinkeydink" masks you have, but I wear an N95 when in crowds.  I also double mask.  Sure, I probably over-compensate but I am on the defense.  How would I know if the person who is NOT socially distancing from me is vaccinated?  Do you ask the persons around you if they are vaccinated?  Do you ask for proof?  I prefer to be in my own safety zone.  To each his/her own.  

It's like getting pregnant...it only takes one time.  

I do not mean to offend you, nor do I try to "win" you over to my side.  You need to do what is best for yourself.  This   IS    a step in the right direction.  I, too, am waiting to return to a sense of normalcy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I really don't feel like I'm" one of the lucky ones.'  The vast majority of healthy people, even if they get Covid 19 will not die.  I have taken precautions,  as necessary,  to be safe but refuse to stop living my life.  I'm vaccinated, so I really don't care if other people are.  In regard to not knowing what rinydink masks are, they are the preponderance of masks worn by people I see everyday.  They are cheap imports from China or home made masks for people trying to do what they think is "meeting the requirement" to wear a mask.  Most of those masks are worthless from preventing  people from getting covid 19, but meets the requirement to wear a mask. N95 masks are better than most, but according to medical professionals I have talked too, even though they are better, they will not prevent covid 19.  We can agree that the sooner this is over, the sooner we can get back to cruising.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tyme2Cruise said:

I really don't feel like I'm" one of the lucky ones.'  The vast majority of healthy people, even if they get Covid 19 will not die.  I have taken precautions,  as necessary,  to be safe but refuse to stop living my life.  I'm vaccinated, so I really don't care if other people are.  In regard to not knowing what rinydink masks are, they are the preponderance of masks worn by people I see everyday.  They are cheap imports from China or home made masks for people trying to do what they think is "meeting the requirement" to wear a mask.  Most of those masks are worthless from preventing  people from getting covid 19, but meets the requirement to wear a mask. N95 masks are better than most, but according to medical professionals I have talked too, even though they are better, they will not prevent covid 19.  We can agree that the sooner this is over, the sooner we can get back to cruising.

If there were no masks we would have one heck of more deaths and over crowded hospitals. India could be us !

• Like 1

Thank you. It also states that (quoting here): 

"Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements," said the guidelines. 

I'll wear a mask indoors if permitted to explore on my own. 😁😷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Thank you. It also states that (quoting here): 

"Cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that—if they are fully vaccinated—they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops, if they wear a mask while indoors. The cruise ship operator is additionally advised that foreign jurisdictions may have their own requirements," said the guidelines. 

I'll wear a mask indoors if permitted to explore on my own. 😁😷

Current plan is to wear a mask indoors anyway. I haven't had a cold for a year. Usually catch one or 2 every year.

• Like 7

Today the CDC is announcing easing of restrictions that includes no masking outdoors OR indoors (in most places) for those that are vaccinated.  If all cruise pax and crew are vaccinated then we should all be golden, right?  Why would different rules apply whether you are on land or on a cruise ship?  Vaccinated is vaccinated, right?  I am not looking for an argument, I'm just saying that logic and sound reasoning should dictate that it would apply that way.  

Edited by Coffeeluvr05
  • Like 5

WASHINGTON (AP/KDKA) — In a striking move to send the country back toward pre-pandemic life, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday moved to ease indoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places.

The new guidance still calls for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters, but will help clear the way for reopening workplaces, schools, and other venues — even removing the need for masks or social distancing for those who are fully vaccinated.

The CDC will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds. The announcement comes as the CDC and the Biden administration have faced pressure to ease restrictions on fully vaccinated people — people who are two weeks past their last required COVID-19 vaccine dose — in part to highlight the benefits of getting the shot.

Released 5-13-2021.

• Like 1