What is your favorite sandwich on or off of a cruise ship

Seamus6

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Traditional Jewish people do not eat dairy and meat together.

You mean Orthodox.  There are plenty of Jewish people who do eat them together.........Traditions are a big part of Judaism but there are plenty of us who eat meat and dairy together. 

42 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Brisket roasted in the Jewish tradition…pan seared then covered and roasted in beef stock and onions for three hours until tender.  I used to do this when I owned my restaurant.  A hand cut brisket on rye with Swiss and deli mustard is one of my favorites…with a half sour pickle of course.  Served along side of a perfect latke would be heavenly!  

In Mill Basin Brooklyn. we love when they make a Deli Sandwich (1/2 lb) on Rye.

But before presenting it to me, the dip the top of slice in the gravy. And I always ask for a side cup of gravy tableside. Anything going home, cup gravy comes home too!

Edited by BklynBoy8

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not just Orthodox .Many traditional also do not mix dairy and meat.

And many do......we are going round and round here......I can tell my life experience of 64 years. We celebrated holidays when I was a kid but never "kept kosher"............that is what not eating dairy and meat comes down to.......

We have gotten way off topic........this thread is about sandwiches😃

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

And many do......we are going round and round here......I can tell my life experience of 64 years. We celebrated holidays when I was a kid but never "kept kosher"............that is what not eating dairy and meat comes down to.......

That is why there is a Cruising Jewish board in the Floataway Lounge.We discuss Judaism not necessarily related to cruising.

10 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

In Mill Basin Brooklyn. we love when they make a Deli Sandwich (1/2 lb) on Rye.

But before presenting it to me, the dip the top of slice in the gravy. And I always ask for a side cup of gravy tableside. Anything going home, cup gravy comes home too!

We love Mill Basin Deli and have been going there many years.Just as you and I discussed the owner of LeRivage in Manhattan ,the owners of Mill Basin Deli know my wife and I and welcome us warmly.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Lois,

Remember a Good Sandwich can have a Good Side (Soup, Salad).....

1 minute ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Lois,

Remember a Good Sandwich can have a Good Side (Soup, Salad).....

Oh yes, here in the south, MANY sandwiches come with an order of French Fries!

• Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

We love Mill Basin Deli and have been going there many years.Just as you and I discussed the owner of LeRivage in Manhattan ,the owners of Mill Basin Deli know my wife and I and welcome us warmly.

I like when they add a extra treat in the bag and said "Don't Worry About"......

That's a treat I enjoy even more......

Ask for extra bread......not little......you're treated to MORE BREAD.....

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I like when they add a extra treat in the bag and said "Don't Worry About"......

That's a treat I enjoy even more......

Ask for extra bread......not little......you're treated to MORE BREAD.....

We dine there more than taking out.We get very good service and a little extra .

My parents friends owned Joe’s South Shore Deli which was fairly close to the Mill Basin Deli.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lois R said:

You mean Orthodox.  There are plenty of Jewish people who do eat them together.........Traditions are a big part of Judaism but there are plenty of us who eat meat and dairy together. 

Amen Lois, I know many Jewish friends who sneak a piece of cheese in with their corned beef, pastrami or brisket.  They seem to go better with a bit of Swiss.  Now I’m really hungry…lol.

• 2 months later...

I've been on a Po' boy kick lately, making them myself but they certainly aren't cheap to make in 2023, lol. I've been slow cooking either beef or pork roasts and making custom mayo blends. I also love a good BLT with nice crispy bacon and shredded lettuce, yum.

Edited by oyme
fix spelling error