Zuiderdam Anchorage

Torquay UK
Oosterdam

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0515World.thumb.png.674af77ce63fc4211ffe01ec37dcf141.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the daily Rich and good morning all.  What a great collection of days.  Emily Dickenson’s quote is a great reminder that life is short, enjoy it (and cruises) while you can. I love a good chicken cobb salad but with a rosé from Provence please. Prayers to those in need.

• Like 21

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Another intriguing collection of days!  While it’s not Armed Forces Day in Canada, we thank  those who serve and have served south of our border. 

404B02F0-2D77-43C6-BEDA-9EE436F852E8.gif.e5b3fd0a4789596d11a28a2731649b20.gif

Love the quote by Emily as well as the meal suggestion - especially since I have left over grilled chicken.

Another hectic day here with staining and trying to garden without hurting the staining job 😉 

Today’s Care List:

Kakalina

Roy’s (rafinmd) recovery from his cardiac surgery

Welfare of furloughed crews

India

JazzyV eye issues & CT scan & covid test result

Garlictown difficult recovery from arm surgery

NextOne’s DH  undergoing radiation to try to eliminate lesions & recovering from surgery & plumbing issues

Dani Negreanu - CC poster in Israel facing the bomb strikes

StLouisCruisers’s DS surgery recovery & her DB facing surgery

57redbird’s DH’s recovery from knee surgery and her challenge caring for him

Hoping St. Louis Sal’s drug trial is a success

Hoping VMax1700’s DW’s new medication from oncologist works

Crazy For Cat’s painful arm after 2nd jab.

Highland Chaser 1957’s DH dental work & her BIL in ICU

Today’s Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Roy’s (rafinmd) successful cardiac surgery

mamaofami’s two 15 year olds next in line for the “jab”

Appointment for 1st jab for StLouisCruisers 14 yr old DGS

No major side effects from the jab for bennybear’s DS

Sharon in AZ’s DGD recovering from concussion

StLouisCruisers’ brother’s 22nd anniversary

Happy 50th anniversary GeorgeCharlie

Happy 55th anniversary summer slope

ger77’s DS recovery from reaction to 1st jab

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain (I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Gardening Club participants - I know we are all anxious to see our planters bloom, but don’t forget to move your plants in and out to gradually get them used to the outside elements & of course, watch out for those cold nights and be prepared to bring them in at night or protect them.

A14A8F86-9013-4A00-A72A-F8AD0E585EB6.thumb.jpeg.b0852f0abc67712bf72bd45dfe5cc0b7.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 for everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!

72FC8C8F-0198-4AE8-B854-ABDE20CAD7CF.jpeg.6743326ef75d6bb664f454e4b5d7651b.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

Happy Saturday.  Happy Anniversary @GeorgeCharlie.  Chocolate Chip cookies and Sliders....sounds like lunch today.  Like the Dickinson quote.  Loved the cobb salads on a BHB.  Thank you Rich and Jacqui for the lists.  Jacqui you come up with the best photos to make us smile.  I've never been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Rumchata Hot Cocoa:

Ingredients. 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. ¼ cup granulated sugar. ⅛ teaspoon salt. 1 cup whole milk. ¼ cup heavy cream. ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. 3 ounces RumChata. Marshmallows, for topping.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 6.58.19 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  A good nights sleep was a much needed thing.  The arm feels much better this morning.  Ashlee was a good patient yesterday and weighed the same as her last checkup, wish I could say the same!  I found a new flavored rum this week, Bacardi Tropical.  It has pineapple, coconut and guava.  It mixes well with 7Up and will be my drink of the day today.  Another run to the garden center is on the agenda for today.

• Like 24

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It was wonderful to see a post from Roy last night - I never expected that! A salute to our armed forces, past and present. I like my chocolate chips in cookies, please. Slider day? 🙄

Thank you for keeping our lists Jacqui! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters!
Happy 50th anniversary @GeorgeCharlie!

It is a lovely morning in the neighborhood. I am off to the gym early, then food shopping before the throngs arrive. Cramming a bunch of tedious things in to the day, because Bindi & I are hiking another state park tomorrow morning. No clue what supper will be tonight. Maybe something will inspire me at the grocery store. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! (Roy, I am putting you in both groups). Stay well everyone!

All vintages of this wine share similar ratings, so if you are in the mood for a fruity, non-complex red, this might be worth a try. And it has a reasonable price - I found several online distributors with prices at $14.29.

Winemaker Notes

Ruby red. Nose of intense cherry, raspberry and blackberry Flavors. Fresh and well balanced. Pair with a salami sandwich, stewed baby squids with tomato sauce, meatballs with peas.

V90 Vinous: The 2018 Barbera d'Asti L'Avvocata is fresh, fruity and a total joy to taste. Sweet red berry, floral and spice notes are all very nicely lifted in this tasty entry-level Barbera from the Coppo family. The 2018 is not especially complex, but it is absolutely delicious and a superb value as well.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23

25 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Happy Saturday.  Happy Anniversary @GeorgeCharlie.  Chocolate Chip cookies and Sliders....sounds like lunch today.  Like the Dickinson quote.  Loved the cobb salads on a BHB.  Thank you Rich and Jacqui for the lists.  Jacqui you come up with the best photos to make us smile.  I've never been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.

Rumchata Hot Cocoa:

Ingredients. 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. ¼ cup granulated sugar. ⅛ teaspoon salt. 1 cup whole milk. ¼ cup heavy cream. ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. 3 ounces RumChata. Marshmallows, for topping.

A quarter cup of sugar! Holy cow!😱

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Update from Roy!

First Night:

A mostly good night with 1 hitch.  The clip was inserted through a large catheter in the groin.  I took a few steps after dinner and then the spot where it was inserted started bleeding.  The nurse did take out the urine catheter before bedtime, but I just used a urinal from the bed overnight. Better this morning.  I have an echocardiogram this morning and they still hope to get me home today. 

• Like 41
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, everyone.

For some reason, I was really dragging yesterday.  Went to bed at 9:30 last night and slept till 7:30 this morning.   Guess I needed it.  I still have some planting to do.   I had to give my back a day to rest after the last marathon.   

Chocolate Chip Day!   What could be better?    

I cooked up the cilantro lime chicken wings and enjoyed a couple for dinner last night.   Mmmmm.  Today I am grilling the flank steak that I have been marinating in order to make the fajitas.  I did find the low carb tortillas.   

Today's meal is one I like very much.   I find it  hard to turn down a Cobb salad when it is on the menu. 

https://damndelicious.net/2019/04/29/grilled-chicken-cobb-salad/

Grilled-Chicken-Cobb-SaladIMG_9150.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all! 

Never made it back yesterday to officially check in, just occasional pop ins to check on how@rafinmdwas doing. Such good news, Roy. Sounds like you will be home today 🙂

I love my chocolate chips in cookies (have been known to steal a spoon of raw cookie dough). We get White Castle sliders sometimes, (not available everywhere, I know, and an acquired taste for some). And a shout out to our Armed Forces this morning.

Today’s drink sounds decadent (and so low calorie!) I love Rumchata. The wine sounds good, the pairings, not so much! Salami sandwich?!  Baby squid?! Meatballs with peas?! I will take the Cobb salad any day.

I have never been to Indonesia. I have always appreciated the ways in which the Indonesian crew members share their culture on HAL ships.

Prayers for all on the care list for healing 🙏. And so many wonderful things to celebrate everyday. Belated Happy Anniversary wishes @VintageGeo@summer slope (50 & 55 years are such a wonderful accomplishment). I will definitely raise a glass 🍷 to happiness and cheer for all.

St Louis Sal

P.S. Thanks for all the Cabo pictures yesterday!

• Like 17

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A great combination of days - @richwmnyou had me at chocolate!  Bless those in the Armed Forces - past and present - for all they do.  While I haven't made sliders in a long time, I did see some slider buns on our grocery run the other day.

Such good news about @rafinmd, and what a surprise to see him actually posting last night!  What a guy!!

Happy 50th Anniversary @GeorgeCharlie with best wishes for many more healthy happy years together!

For the first time since last March, a number of us met on a neighbour's driveway for a socially distanced visit.  Everyone was conscious of the protocols required to make it a safe event, with people bringing their own drinks and snacks.  It felt so good being able to get out and visit with people again - and our weather cooperated with lovely sunshine and warmth.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.  Because it was so nice out, last night was the first time this year we haven't covered any outdoor annuals - woo hoo!

I love today's menu suggestion, particularly because it doesn't include bleu cheese - which I'm allergic to - so I might thaw out some chicken breasts (DH doesn't care for dark meat) and put it together for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra healing prayers for Roy!  Raising the wine glasses tonight to toast all on the happy list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands, wear your masks (when you need to), and get your jabs!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 25

Good morning all,

I am sorry for the sporadic participation on this thread.  I really enjoy reading the posts but the last few days have been so hectic I have hardly had time to sit down at the computer for anything but troubleshooting problems that seem to crop up in our lives.

I am glad that Roy had successful heart surgery and he continues to be in our prayers through his recovery period.

Someone managed to get a hold of our FedEx account number and started sending packages using it.  We now have a whopping fraud case to deal with.  Plus FedEx was trying to collect on the bill, which we are refusing to pay.  What a mess!  I think this all started when our bank info was hacked last Sept.  This never stops.  It just grows and grows.

We cancelled our trip to Virginia because of the gas shortage so we are home and will go when things ease up.  

Prayers for those on the cares list and cheers to those celebrating.  

Have a great day everyone and God bless.

Terri

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach

A huge salute to our veterans, both past and present. I have the greatest of respect for all that serve our country.

I am probably the only person on earth that does not care for chocolate chip cookies. Dont know why. Never have. Love chocolate and cookies, just not together. Very weird, I know.

Never been to todays port. We are scheduled to stop at Komodo Island in Indonesia on our scheduled trip in 2022. Hopefully!!!

Great news on Roy. Now just need to heal and get better!!

Stay safe and enjoy today.

• Like 16

Good morning all!  So great to hear from Roy @rafinmdyesterday and today.  I'm happy to hear he is doing okay with only an occasional hiccup.  If he's going home today I sure hope there is someone to come in and help him out.  We all need to be coddled once in a while and especially after heart procedures!  The news on my sister is she is still struggling.  Where she goes from here is still up in the air but perhaps I will get more news today. DB's cardiac cath. is a week from Monday so I pray that one goes okay.🙏

A fabulous group of days to celebrate today.  Every day should be Armed Forces Day, a day we honor those who serve our country.  Who wouldn't want to celebrate National Chocolate Chip day??  Love them as well as sliders!  I agree they would make a great lunch.

Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad sounds great and I love to indulge when on a BHB.  

Happy Anniversary @GeorgeCharlie!  Prayers for all on our Care List and Cheers for those on the Celebration List.  I found out my DGS's jab is Sunday at 2:15 pm.  He has a soccer game today, refereeing a game at 5 today and another game tomorrow morning.  So tomorrow afternoon is a great time for it.  He also has 48 hours or more until he has soccer practice.  He's a great kid and won't complain if he's a little sore.💉

And last but not least, nope never stopped at the port of Probolinggo.  I guess my only port in Indonesia was Benoa.  It would be great to see some photos today.

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Someone managed to get a hold of our FedEx account number and started sending packages using it.  We now have a whopping fraud case to deal with.  Plus FedEx was trying to collect on the bill, which we are refusing to pay.  What a mess!  I think this all started when our bank info was hacked last Sept.  This never stops.  It just grows and grows.

Good grief Terri, you've certainly had your hands full - first dealing with the IRS, and now FedEx.  You're really taking on the big guys!  Sending good vibes and hope you can get all this straightened out without too much more stress.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 11

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Rumchata Hot Cocoa:

Wow!  That sounds so sweet. Too bad I have type II Diabetes.

• Like 3

So, so thankful all went well with Roy (sans the incident last night.) What a wonderful group we have on the Daily. Everyone praying and cheering for fellow Daily-ites and their families. 

Thank you Mr. Rich for the Daily. And to Jacqui for a great fill in for our Roy.

Welcome home to my sweet sister Denise! I bet you had a beautiful time. I have missed hearing from you. Ann and I had to keep the home fires burning in your absence. 

We are going to lunch today and I will celebrate Armed Forces Day with my sweet husband. I enjoy sliders with the right kind of bread. I make halibut sliders with a homemade sauce and tomato slice. 

image.png.47a7f68f564ac849ad95ddd99662f1c0.png

image.png.7b9daab91cd9b2ee663b178de23f582d.png

And very happily will raise a glass for Denise and David safely home, and to Roy for a strong recovery. Happy Anniversary to summer slope and GeorgeCharlie!

Blessings,  Prayers and Cheers 

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

Good  morning and  thanks  for  the  Daily.  My  nephew  is  presently  serving  in  the  National  Guard  and  is  in  Africa  for  a  year.  We  salute  Armed  Forces  day in  his  honor. His  previous  tour  of  duty  was  a  year  in  Afghanistan  which was  difficult  for  him  and  the  family as  well.

Chocolate  chip  cookies  are  a  wonderful  invention . Sliders  are  way  too  easy  to  eat. I  worked  in  a  Bronx  hospital while  my  children  still  lived  at  home  and  would  often  stop  at  the  original White  Castle  on  Fordham  Road  to  pick  up  a  bag  of  their  addictive little  sliders. Nothing  like  that  smell  permeating  the  car  for  the  short  ride  home! Perhaps  this  is  what  decided  DD's  change  to vegetarianism!

We  have  not  been  to  the  port and  hope  someone  has  to  bring  us  pictures.

The  recipe  is  a  keeper, thanks  Debbie.             Terry

• Like 17
  • Haha 1