The Daily for Tuesday May 18, 2021

richwmn

Today is International Museum Day, No Dirty Dishes Day, and Visit Your Relatives Day

Never have more children than you have car windows. - Erma Bombeck

Meal suggestion for today - One Pot Beef Stroganoff

Drink of the Day - Southside

Wine of the day - Pflüger 2018 Bunstandstein Trocken Pinot Noir (Pfalz) Germany

Port of the Day - Montreal Quebec Canada

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam Destination Augusta IT eta 5/22

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination San Diego eta 5/19
Nieuw Amsterdam Drifing off San Diego
Noordam Drifting off Long Beach

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Port Everglades
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay UK
Oosterdam

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0518USA.thumb.png.814bf15ac6208046bab12b74df45795c.png

0518Europe.thumb.png.b143da4399c8b298e84b66994dc5df7c.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Happy Tuesday!  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Another lovely spring (almost feels like summer) day here.  High of 24C and sunny. 

I wish I could visit my relatives, but the vaccine rollout is progressing, so we'll be able to get together someday soon.

Love that quote.  🙂

Dinner sounds good.  I make a one pot stroganoff, so I'll be interested to see the recipe that @dfish posts and compare.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers to all who have celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 18

Good morning, everyone.   

Just checked my credit card balance and all is well there.   Old card cancelled and new card coming.  

Looks like another great day here in Ohio.  Sunny and mid 70s.   We're supposed to be up near 90 by the weekend.  That's too hot for me.   I might have to test out the AC and make sure it is working.  

I've been to Montreal and will look up pictures after the pool.   

Today's meal looks like a great one for a busy day.   Not only does it come together easily, but it doesn't create a total mess in the kitchen.   I'd have to use a noodle substitute, but so be it.  

https://damndelicious.net/2019/04/08/one-pot-beef-stroganoff/

One-Pot-Beef-StroganoffIMG_9041.jpg

One-Pot-Beef-StroganoffIMG_9049.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the daily report.  What a nice collection of days.  It’s sort of overcast here so it would be a good day to go to a museum. Every day is no dirty dishes day here.  All of my relatives live out of state so a phone call will have to do.  Not sure where Erma was going with the quote but ok.  The dinner sounds delicious I love beef stroganoff.  Montreal is such a nice place to visit (soon again I hope).

• Like 16

Just now, puppycanducruise said:

@dfishThanks for the recipe.  I do something similar, but I use thin sliced steak, not ground beef.  And I sometimes add a splash of brandy instead of wine.  Delicious.

Sounds good!    I like the idea of the brandy instead of the wine.

• Like 8

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Great collections of days.  Love museums and sure wish we could visit our relatives.  Hopefully that day will come.  Hate dirty dishes or dishes left soaking and the water turns cold.

BCF81B8E-E188-4506-857D-16A6114360D4.jpeg.a12414cde7792548de1f128dbfd9badd.jpeg

LOL on the Bombeck quote.  Meal suggestion sounds good but for another day, I think.  

Another quick post as I have to go back to Home Depot.  I wasn’t going to need more paint or stain until the paint started to go on.  They tinted it the wrong colour 😡 So, I’m heading back to get the right colour and hopefully won’t have a fight on my hands.  (You don’t want to fight with kazu 😉 )

Love Montreal.  Never been on a cruise but we’ve certainly stayed there extensively.  The old part is so nice. 😄 

Nieuw Statendam is in Port Everglades today.

8A04612F-BF35-4AF3-93F4-A007CDC3F3D0.thumb.jpeg.0af98023457fa3cc9047fc99913e6f58.jpeg

Today’s Care List:

Kakalina and prayers for possible surgery

Roy’s (rafinmd) continuing recovery from his cardiac surgery

Welfare of furloughed crews

JazzyV eye & health issues & PCP appointment

Garlictown recovery from arm surgery

NextOne’s DH  undergoing radiation & hopes for rehab

Dani Negreanu - CC poster in Israel facing the bomb strikes

StLouisCruisers’s DS surgery recovery & her DB facing surgery

57redbird’s DH’s recovery, ultrasound and she as caregiver

Hoping St. Louis Sal’s drug trial is a success

Hoping VMax1700’s DW’s new medication from oncologist works

dfish’s fight on fraudulent credit card charges

Today’s Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers & essential workers

Roy’s (rafinmd)  successful cardiac surgery

Quartzite Cruiser’s reunion with DD & DSIL

StLouisCruisers’ DGS first jab

Cruizin Terri’s Fed Ex issue resolved

Vict0riann’s DD scheduled for her first “jab”

Horizon Chaser 1957’s DH over the worst for dental work & BIL stabilized even though in ICU

dfish’s credit card fraud resolved

Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades May 18th

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain (I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 for those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.  I may be in this mood when I get back from town for my paint.

189370A3-E1FA-4089-B934-3B76928A906D.thumb.jpeg.ffb72ec695743845b46a16a4d868263f.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  Love museums but hate dirty dishes.  Sadly, the number of relatives to visit is dwindling and I really look forward to the day I can visit my relatives in Canada.  I love the Bombeck quote.  I hope HAL will return to Montreal but doubt if any ships other than Zaandam and Volendam can clear the bridges.  The Stroganoff sounds wonderful.  My alternative is Chunky Jicama and Mango Salad, Rustic Home Made Lasagna, and Birthday cake (not mine) as served on MS Veendam May 18, 2016.  I did not start meal collages for another year but have the occasional oddball photo.

entree.jpg

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Love visiting museum's and hope to visit relatives again.  Still to nervous to travel.  No dirty dishes here.

Great quote by Erma Bombeck.  The meal looks and sounds delicious.  Thank you Debbie.

Rich and Jacqui thank you for our daily.  Roy so great to see you posting so soon.

Have not been to the port of the day, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and continue to wear your mask.

Southside cocktail:

Ingredients
2 ounces gin, such as Plymouth
1 ounce lime juice 
3/4 ounce simple syrup 
1 sprig mint 
1 fresh mint leaf 

Directions
Chilled martini glass
Combine the gin, lime juice, simple syrup and mint sprig in a shaker. Add some ice cubes and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with one mint leaf, smacked to release the oils, floating on top of the cocktail.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 6.59.17 AM.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I’ve been to today’s port of call a few times and have enjoyed every visit.  We are booked to be there next year, let’s hope that happens.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good.  I’m marinating a beef roast for tonight’s dinner.  This year the bunnies have been doing what they do and we have an unusually large number of babies.  I was able to get a picture of one of them nibbling on lunch.

image.png.1e6dfd21f7fc71d313cb3de24ca5907a.png

• Like 30

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Our BHB looks lovely, wish we all could be there to get onboard 🤞

It’s primary Election Day in PA , so off to vote. 
      Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 17

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Another wacky combo of days. I will gladly salute the museums of the world!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Jacqui! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Roy it is so wonderful to read how quickly you are recuperating. Pass on the meal and drink. Love the quote. Spending my formative years North of Boston, I have been to the port of the day many times, but never with a digital camera. I ran away from New England in 1990. But it is a fabulous city in a fabulous province in a spectacular country, so it deserves its own day. 

Another gorgeous day here.  We have already made plans to meet at our Beachfront Winery again this evening. It is still breezy, but not quite as strong as Saturday. After the gym, Bindi and I will head out for our long walk of the day. She will miss this low humidity weather as much as I will.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

I do not believe I have ever tried a Pinot Noir from Germany before, but this one is going on my list. I found an Orlando distributor offering it for $19.99.

Wine Enthusiast

2018 vintage rating 93 - #43 of top 100 of 2020

Grown on colored sandstone (Buntsandstein) and aged for 12 months in extra large untoasted oak barrels. Bright red fruit notes up front, with earthy and herbal components giving depth to the wine.Spicy notes of burnt caramel and black pepper accent intensely ripe black cherry and plum in this delightfully juicy, concentrated red. It's an immediately enjoyable, gorgeously red-berried sip but boasts a firm acidic backbone and subtleties of earth and herb. A fantastic value for such a satisfying wine.  

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!  Thanks to Rich for our Daily, a bright spot in the day for all of us.  Thanks to Jacqui for taking over the List duties for Roy as he recovers from his surgery.  You are much appreciated!

Quite a group of Days today.  I especially like visiting museums in the new places we visit while cruising.  We're pretty particular about dishes that we don't want in the dishwasher so I have a pile of dirty dishes to hand wash after each meal.  If I go out of town to visit relatives there's no dirty dishes here at all, so that must be the solution.  Or how about a cruise?  That always worked!

I followed Erma's rule on car windows and children for my own sanity.  Today's meal sounds great.  I usually pass on the drinks and stick to wine.

I traveled to Montreal twice in 2018 on separate cruises.  I'll see what photos I can dig up.  

• Like 24

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday.

Thank you Rich for the Daily, and to Kazu for the Cares and Celebrations list.

It is a beautiful sunny day here in SC and I hope it stays that way.

We are grateful that our fraud issues are resolved and hopefully no other ones crop up.

Looking forward to a quiet day.

Going to take a peek at PEV at the New Statendam before having breakfast.

Prayers to all who need them and cheers to those on the congrats list.

Have a great day and God Bless.

Terri

• Like 21

Good morning Rich. Love today's Daily. Thank you.

So thankful Roy is speedily recovering. Thank you Jacqui for prayers and Cheers. Good morning to my sweet sisters. 

I am expecting our pergola parts to be delivered any minute. Hoping our guys can come to install it in between rain drops. We had a big storm yesterday. The sky was black and wicked lightning and hail coming down.. then kaboom!! Felt like the lightning strike landed in our living room!! Expecting rain through Sunday. 

Today I am making beef vegetable soup. I never leave a sink with dirty dishes. I'm a clean nut..

image.png.e184f9644122ef287bd584d30d2c57e5.png

image.png.ad5ba305e39512d7fc0c72d726b85bb9.png

Prayers and Cheers!

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

Good Morning from a warm and very windy day at the beach

Good collection of days. Dont like seeing dirty dishes . Really enjoy visiting some museums, but not all. Only have a few relatives here that I see frequently, most are still in the Boston area. Have been to todays port many times but not on a cruise.

Interesting piece on the nightly news last night. Lester Holt interviewed the president of Carnival Cruise lines at Port Canaveral and the Captain of the Liberty. She was optimistic but pretty vague about a return to cruising. Said hoped in July. I was hoping for something more definitive. So we wait!

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 18

Good  morning  and  thanks  for  the  Daily.  I  find  myself  incapable  of  leaving  dirty  dishes  in  the  sink but  I  am  surprised  that there  is  a  day  for  that. Museum going  is  opening  up  more  here  in  NY with  the  relaxation  of  covid restrictions. DH  will be a  happy  man  if  the  recipe  gets  made  today. I  just  need  the  mushrooms and  like  the  idea  of  a  one  pot  meal.

We  have  been  to  Montreal on  the  Maasdam  and  really  enjoyed  it. I  did  find  a  picture  of  this  establishment  with  my  maiden  family name  and  once  again  left  photography  to  my  very  capable  friend. We  traveled  on  public  transportation  to  the  gorgeous  Mont  Royal  Parc  and  I  am  sure  she  has  great  pictures  of  the  view!

IMG_0997.JPG

• Like 19