What is this space behind these rooms on the Regal Princess

Becrisler

We are in the process of selecting our rooms (4 cabins) and wanted to know if anyone can tell us what this white space is behind interior cabins M124 and M125 on the Regal Princess? Specifically if it's use would disturb those in those two cabins. I've searched for videos of the hallway and can't seem to find the answer. 20210518_064409.thumb.jpg.9769ec3eb0d69a11ddc7f02fa899abba.jpg

Edited by Becrisler
Incomplete

It could be EVIL! We learned the hard way to not book an inside cabin like this!

It was an engine room, steam pipes, etc. LOUD all of the time.

But in the front, could just be storage. We do not book inside cabins anymore.

On a different ship( forget which one) there was a similar space across from our outside cabin. It was a crew only work space and stairway. No noise, but it was across the hall from us. Crew were regularly pushing carts and such in and out of there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wineglass said:

On a different ship( forget which one) there was a similar space across from our outside cabin. It was a crew only work space and stairway. No noise, but it was across the hall from us. Crew were regularly pushing carts and such in and out of there.

And it didn't disturb you at all?

Housekeeping storage & work area, plumbing for the Retreat Pool two decks above, service access for electric, plumbing, HVAC. Notice that the space is on every deck all the way to deck 5 and probably below that. I would not select cabins M124 nor M125. Select a cabin with cabins adjacent on both sides, cabins above and below, and if you don't want to bump into 3rd and 4th berths cabins that are only for two.

Something very white, and machine which goes ping....

Generally service/storage areas, sometimes  or  Hvac equipment

If your cabin abuts the white area, yes you may get some noise, 

if it is across the hall not really...

Also try and search for a review of the cabin numbers you are interested in...

( ie cabin number / ship name )

Cheers and good luck Don 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were on the Royal (sister to the Regal) and stayed in M117 --- SO noisy.  There was banging that could be heard at night --- didn't know if it was from an elevator, dumb waiter or something.  All I know is that when we got back home from our cruise I put the cabin number on my "bad cabin" list.

If my memory is correct the floor plans will show that open space (Next to M124 and M125) going down each deck.  I believe that it is air handling equipment and ducting.

Edited by nocl

On 5/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, skynight said:

Notice that the space is on every deck all the way to deck 5 and probably below that.

That feature leads me to believe it is an HVAC "battery" space, where the fans, filters, and cooling coils for the fresh air supply to cabins and public spaces are located.  Almost no traffic to those spaces, and then only during the day (vast majority of engineering crew are "day workers").  The only noise would be the running fans, but that would be a constant, and really not noticeable. 

• Like 1

There is an adage here on CC to avoid being next to a white space on the deck plan. We've been kept up at night with sawing and banging behind an inside cabin. A lesson learned the hard way.

I get that when purchasing four cabins it's a lot more money, but consider an obstructed balcony. You'll find these on the Princess website listed under inside cabins. Look at the free section of cruisedeckplans.com to find a cabin with an acceptable view.

On 5/18/2021 at 11:37 AM, Becrisler said:

We are in the process of selecting our rooms (4 cabins) and wanted to know if anyone can tell us what this white space is behind interior cabins M124 and M125 on the Regal Princess? Specifically if it's use would disturb those in those two cabins. I've searched for videos of the hallway and can't seem to find the answer. 20210518_064409.thumb.jpg.9769ec3eb0d69a11ddc7f02fa899abba.jpg

It very well could be a crew passage/stairs. I try to avoid any cabin directly adjacent to this type of white space.

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

It very well could be a crew passage/stairs. I try to avoid any cabin directly adjacent to this type of white space.

Highly unlikely, most crew stairs are co-located with the pax stairs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Highly unlikely, most crew stairs are co-located with the pax stairs.

No disrespect given your credentials but IIRC from the Ultimate Ship's Tour, there are forward crew stairs there (may be other stuff as well) as we used them (it was raining so they took an inside route through the area where the entertainment staff has their cabins to get to the line handling deck). I believe the forward facing oceanview rooms below the bridge are occupied by bridge officers (any cabin on the earlier Royal-class ships that has a window but no balcony is a staff cabin) and the stairs gives them bridge access without going back to the first elevator bank.

• Like 2