Encouraged Not Required

solocruzin

On 5/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, Earthworm Jim said:

The vaccine for 98% crew/95% passengers has always been optional since they announced it, that's nothing new. It's just an alternative if the cruise line wants to skip the simulated voyages step. If a vaccine is required for a cruise, it will be the cruise line's decision, not a CDC requirement.

I think we're going to see a hybrid for Carnival.  Caribbean cruise will have test cruises so they can skip the vaccine requirement.  No time crunch there.  Alaska has a season that runs only from May to September so they may be required for that cruise - not enough time to play around with test cruises.  Just my thoughts.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Carnival has never been about attracting a desirable traveler. That is for other cruise lines. Carnival puts the mass in mass market and I love Carnival, Walmart, Pork Rinds and a good party on the Lido Deck. 

Why do you even want to be in the Carnival section?  I am not sure why people need to put an entire market of other people down in the Carnival section.  I guess it makes you feel like a better person.  Good for you.  This is another reason I prefer Carnival.  Less likely to have people under the false impression that they are better than everyone else.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Carnival has never been about attracting a desirable traveler. That is for other cruise lines. Carnival puts the mass in mass market and I love Carnival, Walmart, Pork Rinds and a good party on the Lido Deck. 

HEY!

If I don't wanna wear a bra on my vacation, no one is gonna make me!  😆

Pass the pork rinds when you are done.

• Like 4

Carnival is covering all bases. Right in the ticket contract.

"(9) the required completion by Guest in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carnival to carry out its COVID-19 Guest Protocols (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), (10) vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carnival, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing; and; (11) other policies and procedures deemed by Carnival in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19."

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Why do you even want to be in the Carnival section?  I am not sure why people need to put an entire market of other people down in the Carnival section.  I guess it makes you feel like a better person.  Good for you.  This is another reason I prefer Carnival.  Less likely to have people under the false impression that they are better than everyone else.

I think my comment was misconstrued. I cruise with Carnival because I want to be amongst people who also have no problem with people who like Walmart and Pork Rinds.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

I think my comment was misconstrued. I cruise with Carnival because I want to be amongst people who also have no problem with people who like Walmart and Pork Rinds.  

So funny!  Well, I am a Target kind of person but my husband has been known to go to Walmart.  I have been known to party a few times on the lido.

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

So funny!  Well, I am a Target kind of person but my husband has been known to go to Walmart.  I have been known to party a few times on the lido.

There was a time that I thought I wanted a more upscale cruising experience and there are things I loved about my RCL and HAL cruises, but there was a lot more I missed from Carnival. I remember walking out across the Lido deck on HAL thinking this is like a retirement home. Quiet, people reading by the pool. It was still ok, but it was not a party. Now I could make a list of a few things I would love to see Carnival adopt also.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asalligo said:

There was a time that I thought I wanted a more upscale cruising experience and there are things I loved about my RCL and HAL cruises, but there was a lot more I missed from Carnival. I remember walking out across the Lido deck on HAL thinking this is like a retirement home. Quiet, people reading by the pool. It was still ok, but it was not a party. Now I could make a list of a few things I would love to see Carnival adopt also.  

When we were on a Norwegian cruise, we pulled up alongside a Carnival cruise.  We could hear the fun they were having and my husband said he wished we were over there!  Our Norwegian cruise was fun, but it was just low key.  I've also had a lot of fun on several RCL cruises, especially on one of their largest ships.  It was amazing and the shows were top notch.

But when it's just my husband and me, we really like to relax, see some comedy shows, and be around a fun vibe.  I will take cruising with easy going people over arrogant and judgmental people every time.  I'm most comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt, chilling out and not worrying about what other people are doing.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

I wonder if these supposed new guidelines have anything to do with the mediation from the lawsuit

the mediation isn't supposed to take place until the 27th and the cruise lines aren't part of it.  They've been doing their own thing, negotiating with the CDC on their own.

Another interesting development.

https://www.wesh.com/article/norwegian-and-royal-caribbean-submit-plans-to-resume-sailings-from-ports-outside-florida/36523419?fbclid=IwAR0VmJOK9570Fpj_2

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, songbird1329 said:

the mediation isn't supposed to take place until the 27th and the cruise lines aren't part of it.  They've been doing their own thing, negotiating with the CDC on their own.

Another interesting development.

https://www.wesh.com/article/norwegian-and-royal-caribbean-submit-plans-to-resume-sailings-from-ports-outside-florida/36523419?fbclid=IwAR0VmJOK9570Fpj_2

Interesting reference back to this site (CC) (I'm gonna go look to see if there is a recent CC main site article I can link to):

The managing editor of CruiseCritic.com said their latest survey shows most people planning to cruise support vaccine requirements.

"It's at 86% right now, but that's up 5% from January, so the idea of having to have a vaccine to cruise has actually been gaining more traction over the last few months," Faust said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asalligo said:

Ahhhh, the Lido deck party!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival is covering all bases. Right in the ticket contract.

"(9) the required completion by Guest in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carnival to carry out its COVID-19 Guest Protocols (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), (10) vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carnival, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing; and; (11) other policies and procedures deemed by Carnival in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19."

And it looks like more changes coming to the contract per Princess acceptance & agreement of risks at 7:56 in: 

On 5/22/2021 at 11:42 AM, huneymoonerz said:

They will attract more desirable travelers w a vax mandate. It's not really about you as a person getting sick vs the ship having to quarantine in their rooms for 23 hours a day. 

Also, for those of us who use travel insurance, I suspect they will not cover unvaccinated people starting soon. It's a no-brainer. 

Pray Tell - what is a "more desirable traveler?" Is this just more elitist ridiculousness? 

2 hours ago, asalligo said:

I like Walmart and pork rinds (KETO diet).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

..........I think we're going to see a hybrid for Carnival.  Caribbean cruise will have test cruises so they can skip the vaccine requirement.  No time crunch there.  Alaska has a season that runs only from May to September so they may be required for that cruise - not enough time to play around with test cruises.  Just my thoughts.  ...........

A good point, I had not thought about that. I think the Alaska crews are kept separate from the Caribbean crews, so that obstacle would be removed. Personally I'd like to have everyone one happy and healthy, whatever that takes. 😉

Doug

• Like 1