Greece

Markham, fabulous update, thank you.

The salute to Sojourn, Quest and Encore will be emotional for sure. Sojourn is my absolute favourite and I can't quite believe that it has now been 18 months since we were last on board. (I'm sure you remember the Key West delayed departure!).

Do continue to enjoy your cruise and I know that many of us are very much enjoying your reports (even though we're more than a tad jealous!). Please keep them coming as you find the time.

1 minute ago, cruiseej said:

This was the 2019-20 holiday cruise? We were on that cruise! Sorry we didn't meet you or @markham. (Or maybe we did and didn't know it!)

Yes, that's the one. We were on for 25 days and as far as I'm aware we didn't meet anyone from CC! I'm sure we probably said hello in passing or in Seabourn Square though.

• Like 1

I and I  think  so many others prefer the serious questions and and not the idle chit chat  or personal messages these forums have become. So much to learn. For Markham or anyone on the ship in Greece right not, what are the island and port conditions like with all the other ships present? Overwhelming or manageable? 

@brittany12 Wow, I'm sorry you were offended that several of us used a few posts discovering we had unknowingly cruised together before the pandemic, or sent well wishes to people heading for Greece. I thought community was one of the reasons for this site... it's in the name, after all. 😉

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@brittany12 Wow, I'm sorry you were offended that several of us used a few posts discovering we had unknowingly cruised together before the pandemic, or sent well wishes to people heading for Greece. I thought community was one of the reasons for this site... it's in the name, after all. 😉

I think there is plenty of time for lighthearted conversation as well as serious questions on this site.  We have some real killjoys on this site. They could just scroll by what they don't want to read.   Of course I just yammer and dream, so what do I know.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday in Rhodes we were the only ship there and all conditions were delightful, including the big beers and clothes shopping in colorful linen. Today as we approach Mykonos we see the sea is a bit choppy but we are headed to a beach with Seabourn at 9:30 for 4 hours and then we can also stroll in the town. Dinner last light at the Colonnade of ceviche and Bronzino just delightful with a calm breeze. After the early show “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” we were in bed early. The sun had taken it out on us, not to mention the beer… Tonight is dinner with Capt Stig Betten after the Club and Diamond parties. Too crazy!

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 4

Kalimera to all from the Ovation!  By chance we happened to arrive in Mykonos on the same day that the Ovation is docking in port.  The ship looks beautiful, very elegant silhouette.  We have sailed only on the Sojourn and the Quest, so the somewhat bigger size of the Ovation was a bit of a surprise.  We arrived by ferry from Syros this afternoon and have checked into our hotel with a splendid view of the sea.  Happy sailing to you all!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markham said:

Yesterday in Rhodes we were the only ship there and all conditions were delightful, including the big beers and clothes shopping in colorful linen. Today as we approach Mykonos we see the sea is a bit choppy but we are headed to a beach with Seabourn at 9:30 for 4 hours and then we can also stroll in the town. Dinner last light at the Colonnade of ceviche and Bronzino just delightful with a calm breeze. After the early show “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” we were in bed early. The sun had taken it out on us, not to mention the beer… Tonight is dinner with Capt Stig Betten after the Club and Diamond parties. Too crazy!

Thanks for the report! Sailing in Sept. And can't wait. Care to share which store you  found the colorful linen?😉

Yes, Haris Store in Rhodes, just a few minutes up the main shopping street from the gate near the ship, is where we bought some beautiful “Greece blue” shorts and shirts. Good selection for men and women. The saleswoman was most helpful and creative with suggestions. Enjoy!

Edited by markham

Thanks for the tip Markham I always look for good linen clothes in the Med and will pay Haris a visit

We don't see much of that in London.

Good news regarding the amber countries and  no quarantine for us fully vaccinated.

What evenings are the formal nights being held on your trip?

Mr Luxury,

There’s one formal night per week on the sea day. And yes, some did as they will do.

Which reminds me… are you planning to surprise everyone with that tried and true jumpsuit look?

9 hours ago, markham said:

Mr Luxury,

There’s one formal night per week on the sea day. And yes, some did as they will do.

Which reminds me… are you planning to surprise everyone with that tried and true jumpsuit look?

I've still got that yellow Mankini that you gave me. 😉

How's the knitting going with Ross?

Edited by Mr Luxury

Hello I am Greek and on Saturday I am boarding Ovation for 7 days heart of aegean. As per latest Greek regulations only seated customers are allowed in all bars and clubs including open space. So no more dancing even at weddings. 

This is my second cruise with seabourn and I am excited. I will avoid plane travel and lengthy transport and this is a plus. This is the best period for Greek holidays as the islands are not packed yet on the weekdays and you can reserve even online days prior to the some of the best beaches and restaurants. 

• Like 3

On 7/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, marazul said:

The Haris stores are a small Greek chain in Athens (two in Plaka) and the islands that sells wonderful linen garments

On 7/9/2021 at 1:56 PM, highplanesdrifters said:

Thanks for all the shopping tips.  Always tough to find quality linen!

On 7/9/2021 at 3:21 AM, Mr Luxury said:

We don't see much of that in London.

The actual name of the store is Haris Cotton, but their clothing is linen.  Here is the website with a list of all their stores.  Other stores carry some of their clothing on other islands (for example, in Patmos), but you have to look for the labels to see what you are getting. It is my favorite shopping stop in Greece.

https://www.hariscotton.com/

The three stores in Plaka are all on Adrianou Street and they all seem to carry different lines.  So, it is worth checking them all out.

• Thanks 1

And this piecemeal approach is what is keeping us from booking a Seabourn cruise or two right now.  For us, it would seem very foolhardy to book a cruise without a guarantee that vaccinations would be required.  We so prefer SB to SS, but...

20 hours ago, marazul said:

The actual name of the store is Haris Cotton, but their clothing is linen.  Here is the website with a list of all their stores.  Other stores carry some of their clothing on other islands (for example, in Patmos), but you have to look for the labels to see what you are getting. It is my favorite shopping stop in Greece.

https://www.hariscotton.com/

The three stores in Plaka are all on Adrianou Street and they all seem to carry different lines.  So, it is worth checking them all out.

Looks like I hsve some hard work in my future. Thanks for the tip about all 3 stores.😉

On 7/8/2021 at 12:38 AM, markham said:

What was the mask situation in Rhodes and Mykonos?  Where were you required to wear them?  Were the residents wearing them?

We were asked to wear masks inside stores and in outdoor crowded areas.   We also had a temperature check in Mykonos.

By the way today 7/23, we are having a Marina day.   The Captain repositioned the ship so we could use the platform.   Kayaks, sailboats, and jet skis are available with a sign up.   So this means Seabourn does actually use the Marina on the Ovation on the Greek sailings.

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We were asked to wear masks inside stores and in outdoor crowded areas.   We also had a temperature check in Mykonos.

By the way today 7/23, we are having a Marina day.   The Captain repositioned the ship so we could use the platform.   Kayaks, sailboats, and jet skis are available with a sign up.   So this means Seabourn does actually use the Marina on the Ovation on the Greek sailings.

Was the Marina Day in Mykonos, or are you at a different port?

• 2 weeks later...