All JOY Aug-Oct Bookings are Frozen , Awaiting Decision

Just got off phone with NCL and was read a prepared statement-

paraphrasing but the gist is that all bookings from Aug-October are frozen and cannot be serviced and no new bookings will be accepted while NCL makes the decision whether or not to sail. Information should be available by Friday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting.  I just did a mock booking for August and it let me get all the way to paying a down payment.  Mixed messages maybe?  I could see them wanting to move back to Miami, but with the whole Florida thing I think it would be smart to stay in Jamaica until after October 31st.

8 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Interesting.  I just did a mock booking for August and it let me get all the way to paying a down payment. 

Same here....

We have 4 cabins booked on the Sept 18 sailing..moving to Florida would make it easier re airfare and transportation to the port for our crew..we could drive from the ATL area if we had to, or fly much cheaper and direct..

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Same here....

We have 4 cabins booked on the Sept 18 sailing..moving to Florida would make it easier re airfare and transportation to the port for our crew..we could drive from the ATL area if we had to, or fly much cheaper..

While in theory I agree, there are some political things going on that I don't want to speak about that would mean that she would not be sailing from a Florida port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Just got off phone with NCL and was read a prepared statement-

paraphrasing but the gist is that all bookings from Aug-October are frozen and cannot be serviced and no new bookings will be accepted while NCL makes the decision whether or not to sail. Information should be available by Friday.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.  I'll keep my eye on this thread.

My booking on the Gem in September seems to be unaffected so far, but like lots of things through the past year plus, it can change in the blink of an eye.

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

It could also be related to the itinerary changes they been making to these cruises the past few days

When we first booked there were a slew of Cozumel excursions available; they have disappeared . I am hoping that they are just changing the itinerary a bit. Fingers crossed! 

When I saw that "Your Cruise is on Hold" screen for my September bookings last night, I almost cried. I have seen that screen four times in the past 14 months. The whole reason we jumped on booking these Jamaica sailings was that we had a cruise that was FINALLY not going to be canceled due to COVID. So it was w HUGE letdown to see that screen on our "sure bet" cruises.

• Like 4

I just chatted with an agent and as soon as I asked about the Joy, I got the "copy and paste" message I'd seen earlier. It was like he had it teed up and ready to go. I asked about the Gem but he said that wasn't affected for now, but that we'd receive an email/see a message on the website if it did.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

My booking for August is open and I can (and am) making reservations for excursions.  Glitch?  Perhaps those sailings are sold out since they're allegedly only sailing at 50% capacity?  

The canned message seems to indicate that it is not capacity driven, but rather a decision on go or no go. 

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The canned message seems to indicate that it is not capacity driven, but rather a decision on go or no go. 

Hmmmmm....wonder why the web site is letting me plan excursions and dinner reservations?  I think the Joy is sailing.  As of right now, it's from Montego Bay.  That's how I'm planning it going forward.  If it changes to MIA, I'll be able to accommodate it.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

So it was w HUGE letdown to see that screen on our "sure bet" cruises.

Like you, we had 4 cruises cancelled since May 2020. Even now, the three we have booked we can't say are sure bets. Maybe the one in March 23. But the two in October and November, who knows. 

The joy in November is more unsure due to the Miami issue than the European one on the Epic in October. 

Right now, nothing is a sure bet. 

7 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

As of now, I can't see any of the MoBay departing sailings for the Joy. 😢  They might still be visible for those who are actually on one, which would tell an interesting story in its own right.

I still have my bookings on my NCL account, but they say "Your cruise is on hold" when I view them.

• Thanks 1

Over on another thread, someone said they have been advised the Joy is cancelled.  

Here's the quote.

I just talked to my agent. He said that as of yesterday afternoon, they announced that they were pulling the Joy out of Jamaica. All reservations are frozen, so we have to wait for that to refund (I.e., can’t transfer to Bliss). But, final payment is still a few weeks off, so we can wait for refunds and promos before making final payment. 

Edited by roger001

Sorry for those of you who have made plans for Jamaica.   I hope they work this out soon so you know if it's a 'go' or not.  

I see they still have the two Joy October from Miami cruises listed.  Perhaps they are they are working on everything they need to do to sail from Miami sooner than that🤞

9 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Over on another thread, someone said they have been advised the Joy is cancelled.  

Here's the quote.

I just talked to my agent. He said that as of yesterday afternoon, they announced that they were pulling the Joy out of Jamaica. All reservations are frozen, so we have to wait for that to refund (I.e., can’t transfer to Bliss). But, final payment is still a few weeks off, so we can wait for refunds and promos before making final payment. 

Yup. That was me. My agent said that they were told yesterday. (He is not one for the politically correct party line… he tells it like it is). He said that the refunds should be out in a week and that he would apply any promos from that to my rebooking before final payment. 

He also volunteered that with a 100% vaccinated cruises, they are planning to run then mask-free. But to wait until the final run rules are out. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

He also volunteered that with a 100% vaccinated cruises, they are planning to run then mask-free. But to wait until the final run rules are out. 

That info is already readily available on NCL's Sail Safe page. https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Our cruises will operate with 100% vaccination of guests and crew through 10/31/21, therefore face coverings are not required but are highly recommended where physical distancing is not possible indoors for cruises prior to 10/31/21.