***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

I have 2 children under age 12 and booked a RCL cruise 2 years ago out of Bayonne which got pushed forward a year due to covid so it is now scheduled for this October. I find it disturbing how self centered everyone is about THEIR vacation as if children aren't people who are equally deserving of consideration and a vacation. I doubt if the tables were turned and the mask restrictions were a result of elderly people needing consideration you would be so full of your unearned righteous indignation. Sadly the entire last year has been a lesson in how entitled people think they are. 

• Like 1

Also if I came here with all sorts of complaints about how outrageous and annoying elderly people are on cruises I'd be pilloried. Somehow people think it's ok to bash children and families? We only need vaccines because of the damned old people ontheship. Neone of my family is old enough that covid is an issue for us we only take the vaccine to protect the old and the fragile. But no one thinks of us. It's all take take take with you.

Edited by lakinapook
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

I have 2 children under age 12 and booked a RCL cruise 2 years ago out of Bayonne which got pushed forward a year due to covid so it is now scheduled for this October. I find it disturbing how self centered everyone is about THEIR vacation as if children aren't people who are equally deserving of consideration and a vacation. I doubt if the tables were turned and the mask restrictions were a result of elderly people needing consideration you would be so full of your unearned righteous indignation. Sadly the entire last year has been a lesson in how entitled people think they are. 

4 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

Also if I came here with all sorts of complaints about how outrageous and annoying elderly people are on cruises I'd be pilloried. Somehow people think it's ok to bash children and families? We only need vaccines because of the damned old people ontheship. Neone of my family is old enough that covid is an issue for us we only take the vaccine to protect the old and the fragile. But no one thinks of us. It's all take take take with you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic

You seem incredibly angry, you’ll fit right in. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

I'm generally not but the hypocrisy really gets to me.

It’s not hypocrisy. Cruise lines will be making a choice. Vaccinated or unvaccinated cruises. There are all sorts of restrictions that will apply to everyone on an unvaccinated passenger cruise, including vaccinated passengers. Many who are vaccinated see that as unfair given the recent guidance changes by the CDC. RCI has apparently made the choice to punish (for lack of a better word) vaccinated adults. I don’t think that will work out well for them in the short or long term. 

• Like 3

On 5/27/2021 at 4:27 AM, Blauelini said:

And because of the whining and crying, all passengers on RCCL cruises that do not meet the 95% threshold will not meet the new CDC guidance and will have to wear masks, social distance, etc.... All because they want to let kids run around (who will likely not be wearing any masks). So every adult will have to pay the price of wearing a mask for the whole cruise. 

And those adults will wear them forever on Royal they will mark my words. I was right all along. Maybe not for every line but I was right for Royal. I will take those apologies now.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

Just now, harkinmr said:

It’s not hypocrisy. Cruise lines will be making a choice. Vaccinated or unvaccinated cruises. There are all sorts of restrictions that will apply to everyone on an unvaccinated passenger cruise, including vaccinated passengers. Many who are vaccinated see that as unfair given the recent guidance changes by the CDC. RCI has apparently made the choice to punish (for lack of a better word) vaccinated adults. I don’t think that will work out well for them in the short or long term. 

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still see this as hypocrisy. I think it's unfair that I am obligated to get a vaccine for a disease that poses little risk to me. But I will do it for the "greater good". Yet some sourpusses can't extend the same grace to the children of the world. Entitled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

A lot of the kids just cause trouble though......

And I find those old people on their scooters an annoyance. Your personal feelings about children aren't relevant or important to the issues. 

Sure kids can be a pain. But I have been irritated by adult behavior much more often.

Edited by lakinapook
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still see this as hypocrisy. I think it's unfair that I am obligated to get a vaccine for a disease that poses little risk to me. But I will do it for the "greater good". Yet some sourpusses can't extend the same grace to the children of the world. Entitled.

It’s not a matter of “extending grace” to children.  Neither you nor anyone else is “obligated” to be vaccinated.  Children will all be able to be fully vaccinated by the Fall.  This is a safety issue in the midst of a pandemic. For cruising these are relatively short term decisions. Excluding children that are not vaccinated in the short term is not some mean-spirited discrimination or mistreatment of children. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It’s not a matter of “extending grace” to children.  Neither you nor anyone else is “obligated” to be vaccinated.  Children will all be able to be fully vaccinated by the Fall.  This is a safety issue in the midst of a pandemic. For cruising these are relatively short term decisions. Excluding children that are not vaccinated in the short term is not some mean-spirited discrimination or mistreatment of children. 

It's a matter of age discrimination.

And I don't know if you are familiar with the concept of de facto force or obligation but it means that while there is no law requiring an action that outside pressure creates an obligation.

Edited by lakinapook
  • Haha 1

Just now, harkinmr said:

Not age discrimination at all. Laws on age discrimination do not apply to children. It is just discrimination in the minds of parents.

I understand that. I am saying this group here is being discriminatory. 

5 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

Are we going to have a reasonable discussion or are you going to try to wear me down by misconstruing what I am saying?

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Just wait till the name calling starts.......

It already has. Apparently a lot of us are hypocritical sour pusses and children haters. 

I understand that we all see the world through our own so selfish lens, so I expect that the angry child haters will not accept that children are just as entitled to a cruise as the are even if it inconveniences some. I just wanted to point out that your world view is not the only one

• Haha 2