***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

4 hours ago, lakinapook said:

I am not disagreeing with that. I came on because I think all the hatred and vitriol being spewed about RCL giving consideration to the plight of families is entitled behavior. Not because I was mad at my vacation options. 

I still believe your use of the word "entitled" is all wrong. Sorry. Exchange your word, "entitled" for "safety conscious" and that is more in line with my thinking. I have not ever felt "entitled" regarding anything to do with this pandemic. I have been very cautious and have never engaged in what has been deemed "risky behavior" during this pandemic.

Now, as more and more people become vaccinated, I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I am protected with the mRNA vaccine and I am more than happy to do my part for our country to reach a SAFE herd immunity. If you think that is entitled, I believe you are wrong.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, not fully.  Only for 12 years and older.  If the unvaxed threshold surpasses 5%, this cruise will require a "test cruise" and masks will be required at all times when outside one's cabin.

Well, I expect a cruise to Alaska that takes place after many jurisdictions have gone back to school will not be overloaded with under 12 kids. 

I’m  pretty sure I’ll be alright. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Why not just wait for the children to be vaccinated so everyone, including the kids, can enjoy a cruise as if it were pre-Covid? That is without needing to wear masks and social distance. Isn't that the way you would prefer to enjoy a cruise? How about kids? Don't you think they would prefer to cruise without have to be masked up?

Personally, I would much prefer to spend my vacation dollars on an experience that does not include masking and distancing mandated. I've done that on land for well over a year. Don't want to do it on a cruise ship and have to spend money to do it.

This is not the issue!!!! 

Did you read my first post? I have a cruise planned, for 2 years now, because it got pushed a year due to covid. People here seem to think they are more entitled to their vacation than I am to mine because my children on board will inconvenience them. No I don't feel that I have to wait because it works out better for you and the vaccination ***. Children aren't second class citizens, your desires do not take precedent, we all have to work to accomodate each other.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the science, likely concerned about an outbreak amongst the unvaccinated curtailing the cruise

Then he/she is faced w/ a personal risk/reward decision that only he/she can make. Persoally speaking, after reveiwing the risk/reward factor I wouldn't go on a cruise right now because of that same reason. I think it might be a bit too early just yet. Although several prominent Doctors are coming out stating that we are already in the middle of 'herd immunity' and not everyone needs to be vaccinated now.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Well, I expect a cruise to Alaska that takes place after many jurisdictions have gone back to school will not be overloaded with under 12 kids. 

I’m  pretty sure I’ll be alright. 

No question, I am sure it will be fine.  I was just trying to underscore the fact that none of us really know what type of experience we are signing up for because of the non committal from RCCL 

I am jealous, I wish I could swing Alaska this year, what a great opportunity to experience that on a potentially lower occupancy trip.

2 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

This is not the issue!!!! 

Did you read my first post? I have a cruise planned, for 2 years now, because it got pushed a year due to covid. People here seem to think they are more entitled to their vacation than I am to mine because my children on board will inconvenience them. No I don't feel that I have to wait because it works out better for you and the vaccination ***. Children aren't second class citizens, your desires do not take precedent, we all have to work to accomodate each other.

What are you doing to accommodate the concerns of the vaccinated on your ship?

Seems to me you are only promoting your own agenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You really refuse to see the issue that enough unvaccinated cruisers will negatively impact the cruise experience to the point that it is unrecognizable as such. NONE of this has anything to do with keeping away from untaxed or evening concerned about transmission from unvaxed.  I have absolutely no fear of being around unvaccinated people, but i will not modify my experience for your benefit.

so don't. I am not canceling my trip because I have the same right as you do. If you have certain expectations you have every right to control your own actions and behavior, and no such right to control me or mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lakinapook said:

I will look for the info on Carnival. I do think my original reason for posting was because people were being crabby because they felt unvaccinated children were going to ruin things for them has gotten subsumed by this other thing of vaccination vs no vaccination on a larger scale

I surmise you STILL don't get it. LOL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Then that's just silly. I can see in your quoting yourself that yiu are trying to expand on what you said, which is normal, just think about using the edit feature.

That way you have less posts debunking your 

I edited some of my posts. 

• Like 1

Lol why argue? It is what it is. It's not like arguing will change whatever protocols rcl comes out with.

What's the pt. ? Since rcl already put in for a mock cruise, seems like unvaccinated with masks is the direction.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

What are you doing to accommodate the concerns of the vaccinated on your ship?

Seems to me you are only promoting your own agenda

If you are concerned, don't go. People want to restrict others from traveling to avoid being inconvenienced. Why is this so hard to understand that I have to keep telling people. 

20 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I still believe your use of the word "entitled" is all wrong. Sorry. Exchange your word, "entitled" for "safety conscious" and that is more in line with my thinking. I have not ever felt "entitled" regarding anything to do with this pandemic. I have been very cautious and have never engaged in what has been deemed "risky behavior" during this pandemic.

Now, as more and more people become vaccinated, I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I am protected with the mRNA vaccine and I am more than happy to do my part for our country to reach a SAFE herd immunity. If you think that is entitled, I believe you are wrong.

No, you are entitled. Your safety is not at stake, your comfort is. People are complaining because they are afraid they will have to wear masks. If you feel it is a matter of safety then you should wait longer before resuming your travels.

1 hour ago, lakinapook said:

And my point was that if the roles were swapped and we had restrictions because of old passengers no one would be complaining. And it wouldn't ruin my vacation, it would ruin my vacation if RCL said no kids. The idea of a vacation ruination is subjective depending on your perspective. 

Seriously, it isn't all about you.

I think you are getting your priorities mixed up. The one and only reason people do not want kids on cruises (at our current time) is because not all kids are of an age that they can be vaccinated. The bottom line is people do not want un-vaccinated people on their cruise ship because of the possibility of the cruise being disrupted. Disruption could mean, (but is not inclusive of) ending the cruise early and heading to home port if there is a large enough infection rate on board, missing scheduled ports, quarantine the ship, unable to disembark passengers if the outbreak is bad enough.

To reiterate what you have said above, old passengers do not pose a risk of those scenarios I mentioned about because old folks are eligible to be vaccinated. Hence, old folks do not pose a health risk to anyone on board a cruise ship.

I get it......some old folks are bothersome to you with their scooters and walkers getting in your way. That may very well be true but they do not pose a health risk to you or anyone on board because they are mobility challenged.

• Like 2

I will hopefully be sailing with my kids in September. My husband and I are fully vaxxed but my kids are still too young. If they’re able to by then we’ll be the first in line to get them but if not we’re still going. It’s been a really rough year for everybody not just child free adults and we all really need this vacation. After almost a year and a half of this they’re well trained on hygiene, distancing, and mask wearing. I’ve watched my daughter’s heart get broken too many times over this pandemic and I’m not going to cancel just because people don’t want her there. I’d probably feel differently if there weren’t other lines doing the 95% vax cruises but kids shouldn’t have to miss out when people who want vaccinated only cruises do have that option with other lines.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Children are very frequently asymptomatic and will still be running around spreading to other children and the unvaccinated

And the vaccinated as well. Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get it you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

And when those cruises return, we will see whether the Vax made a difference or not.

I do believe the vaccinations have dropped the Covid positives and Covid related deaths quite a bit. In fact, let me say those numbers are plummeting. All thanks to the vaccines and those all those folks who did the right thing by being vaccinated. And you question whether there will be a difference or not in vaccinated vs un-vaxxed cruises? Given the latest data that vaccinated people have a miniscule chance of transmitting the Covid virus, you really ask if there will be a difference?

The ONLY way the un-vaxxed cruises may fair the same as vaxxed cruises is because ALL passengers and crew will be wearing masks and social distancing will be adhered to. As a vaccinated person, take your choice........cruise having to wear a mask in all indoor spaces and maybe even outdoors and social distance OR cruise like it was pre-Covid. Hmm. wonder which one I would choose? I'm vaxxed so you may be able to guess which one I would choose.

Edited by coffeebean

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I get it......some old folks are bothersome to you with their scooters and walkers getting in your way. That may very well be true but they do not pose a health risk to you or anyone on board because they are mobility challenged

That is not strictly true. What if a ship was sinking or in serious trouble like the Costa ship and had to be evacuated at sea very quickly for some reason. Wouldn't the need to lift people into the life boat in some cases maybe cost the lives of others?

11 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I think you are getting your priorities mixed up. The one and only reason people do not want kids on cruises (at our current time) is because not all kids are of an age that they can be vaccinated. The bottom line is people do not want un-vaccinated people on their cruise ship because of the possibility of the cruise being disrupted. Disruption could mean, (but is not inclusive of) ending the cruise early and heading to home port if there is a large enough infection rate on board, missing scheduled ports, quarantine the ship, unable to disembark passengers if the outbreak is bad enough.

To reiterate what you have said above, old passengers do not pose a risk of those scenarios I mentioned about because old folks are eligible to be vaccinated. Hence, old folks do not pose a health risk to anyone on board a cruise ship.

I get it......some old folks are bothersome to you with their scooters and walkers getting in your way. That may very well be true but they do not pose a health risk to you or anyone on board because they are mobility challenged.

Everyone on the planet is a health risk to me, and you, and everyone else.

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

What are you talking about? You can still carry the virus with you. Yes, you might not get infected yourself but you can still carry the virus the infect other people. Its like flue after you've been sick

The chance of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus to others is minuscule. This is the reason why the CDC has new guidance for vaccinated people. Do you realize even if a vaccinated person is exposed to a KNOWN Covid positive person, that vaccinated person does not have to get tested or quarantine? That is BIG news. In fact, THAT is the news we vaccinated people have been waiting for. It is a HUGE sigh of relief for me to know I have practically a zero change of transmitting this virus to others if I should become infected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

The chance of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus to others is minuscule. This is the reason why the CDC has new guidance for vaccinated people. Do you realize even if a vaccinated person is exposed to a KNOWN Covid positive person, that vaccinated person does not have to get tested or quarantine? That is BIG news. In fact, THAT is the news we vaccinated people have been waiting for. It is a HUGE sigh of relief for me to know I have practically a zero change of transmitting this virus to others if I should become infected.

I'm going to have to ask for you to provide some references. I was kind enough to provide a link to the cdc database of covid deaths because I wanted to be sure you understood that your "plenty" of young dead people don't actually exist. So I am skeptical about the accuracy of your information as you have been wrong recently.