***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

8 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Of course it was... it's bribery in the first degree. BTW, there are many already think we've reached herd immunity. 

Seems those people on the fence to get the vaccine need some bribery. What about states offering lotteries to get vaxxed? What about colleges offering full tuition for getting vaxxed? YUP.....bribery is the name of the game and I hope it works to get more people on the vaccine train.

• Like 5

Just now, coffeebean said:

Seems those people on the fence to get the vaccine need some bribery. What about states offering lotteries to get vaxxed? What about colleges offering full tuition for getting vaxxed? YUP.....bribery is the name of the game and I hope it works to get more people on the vaccine train.

My 28 yr old son who had covid back in Feb 2020 just got his vaccine and received a scratch off lottery ticket. He won $30. He said that the scratch offs are all winners. Meanwhile when the vaccine first came out people were willing to sell their mother and first born child  in exchange for an appointment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

It might for some. But I think it backfired on the CDC when they said vaxed people can go maskless. No one knows who is and who is not vaxed so now everyone can go maskless. 

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

My 28 yr old son who had covid back in Feb 2020 just got his vaccine and received a scratch off lottery ticket. He won $30. He said that the scratch offs are all winners. Meanwhile when the vaccine first came out people were willing to sell their mother and first born child  in exchange for an appointment.

Since he had covid early on, did he even need the vaccine? I would think he'd have anti-bodies already built up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Of course it was... it's bribery in the first degree. BTW, there are many already think we've reached herd immunity. 

It appears as though this could be true.

Cases haven’t exponentially spiked in Texas and Florida after they dropped the mask mandates. Now that they have been pretty much dropped nationwide if there is no spike I’d say you are there. Looking at cases just now there has yet to be a spike nationwide, and nor in FL and TX.  Another week or two and it’s the same, and it’s even more likely.

89A66C5D-172F-48BB-B46A-238AB76E7675.thumb.jpeg.0b8fcf43c82e063bfca1d786b52ba7ae.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Or how about treating cruiselines like other travel businesses?  Novel idea that it is. Equality. 

Universal is getting rid of masks and we still arent open in the USA.

Universal is eliminating masks for vaccinated people only, but then not confirming vaccination status. So they are flinging open the doors knowing perfectly well that the “honor system” is an oxymoron, especially in Florida. 🙄 You obviously  are way behind as most of the US is fully open. Again, and this has been discussed on CC ad nauseam, the CDC does not have the ability to control other travel or hospitality businesses the way they do the cruise industry. Don’t like it, take it up with your Congressman. 

4 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Universal is eliminating masks for vaccinated people only, but then not confirming vaccination status. So they are flinging open the doors knowing perfectly well that the “honor system” is an oxymoron, especially in Florida. 🙄 You obviously  are way behind as most of the US is fully open. Again, and this has been discussed on CC ad nauseam, the CDC does not have the ability to control other travel or hospitality businesses the way they do the cruise industry. Don’t like it, take it up with your Congressman. 

You & I do not agree on many things if anything. Neither of will change one's mind as well on things. So for the goodness of this board, I've decided to place you on ignore and I sure hope that you will reciprocate and do the same to me.  

And don't forget... read your CDC updates daily, double mask up & stand 6' back. Peace out! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It might for some. But I think it backfired on the CDC when they said vaxed people can go maskless. No one knows who is and who is not vaxed so now everyone can go maskless. 

It didn't really backfire.  CDC just gave guidance they don't enforce anything that is not within their purview. It's up to each state to set their own rules. 

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Since he had covid early on, did he even need the vaccine? I would think he'd have anti-bodies already built up

When he had the virus we didn't have covid tests available yet because it was early on during the pandemic. He had an antibody test in May 2020 that determined that he had covid. He did another one before he got the vaccine and there was a significant drop in antibodies. He was reluctant to get the vaccine because he figured that he had the antibodies but as it turned out they were very low.  He didn't even have a reaction to the vaccine. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

When he had the virus we didn't have covid tests available yet because it was early on during the pandemic. He had an antibody test in May 2020 that determined that he had covid. He did another one before he got the vaccine and there was a significant drop in antibodies. He was reluctant to get the vaccine because he figured that he had the antibodies but as it turned out they were very low.  He didn't even have a reaction to the vaccine. 

Interesting. TBH, I had no idea there was a threshold or level of antibodies identifying when a vaccine should taken.  Good to know. 

4 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Interesting. TBH, I had no idea there was a threshold or level of antibodies identifying when a vaccine should taken.  Good to know. 

There isn't a threshold that I know of. It was my son's thinking that he was immune because he had covid.  He needed to be convinced through the antibody test.  Since my wife works for hospital it was very easy for him to be tested.

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 minute ago, cscurlock said:

Again that's an opinion.

No really, I'm not trying to be difficult. The CDC gave guidance that vax folks did not need masks, so they are slowly ditching them. The non vaxed folks can and will just jump right in w/ the crowd and do the same. The guidance is silliness at best for a policy coming from the CDC... and most everyone can see through it by the results. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

I mentioned universal as a single example to treating cruises equal. Dont make assumptions that you just hurl out. You took my example and then said old news. You are quick to make negative assumptions about people I've noticed before. People need to agree with you. Of course I know cruises are different. But the carnival ceo often says he wants to see cruiselines be treated equal. I guess you judge him too for saying that as not knowing what's going on? 

As far as things being wide open, every place I've been in dallas I'm the only maskless person there. Its wierd, I want to ask the clerks why they all still are wearing their masks. Every customer is wearing a mask but me.  Someone forgot to tell dallas they can remove masks. 

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

No really, I'm not trying to be difficult. The CDC gave guidance that vax folks did not need masks, so they are slowly ditching them. The non vaxed folks can and will just jump right in w/ the crowd and do the same. The guidance is silliness at best for a policy coming from the CDC... and most everyone can see through it by the results. 

Again the CDC cannot enforce the guidance they just give the guidance the state and local authorities are the only ones who can mandate anything.  The received 3 studies out of Israel and the UK and that lead to their decision to allow vaccinated people to remove the masks.  They don't make random decisions based on how the wind blows.  They had to look at huge swaths of data and case studies to determine guidance.  The results, well I will just say in December 4000 people a day were dying and now we are between 600 and 650.  I'd say that is some progress in the right direction.  At the end of the day we want the same things, all the mask rules gone and everything back to normal.  They are going to do both vaccinated and unvaccinated cruises so everyone should be happy about that.  So in my opinion as long as the customer has the choice to do what type of cruise they want I don't see what the issue is.  I wish Florida would have just let the cruise lines decide because they were going to do both vaccinated and unvaccinated cruises to begin with.  Removing a choice of cruise type doesn't make it easier on the customer it makes it much more difficult.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I mentioned universal as a single example to treating cruises equal. Dont make assumptions that you just hurl out. You took my example and then said old news. You are quick to make negative assumptions about people I've noticed before. People need to agree with you. Of course I know cruises are different. But the carnival ceo often says he wants to see cruiselines be treated equal. I guess you judge him too for saying that as not knowing what's going on? 

As far as things being wide open, every place I've been in dallas I'm the only maskless person there. Its wierd, I want to ask the clerks why they all still are wearing their masks. Every customer is wearing a mask but me.  Someone forgot to tell dallas they can remove masks. 

Firefly, same here in Florida.  I think the issue is because no one can determine who is vaccinated or not vaccinated people are just waiting till the numbers drop to a point they feel comfortable.  I am vaccinated so I don't wear my mask unless its in real close quarters, not for me per se but more for the people around me since they don't know if I have been jabbed.  

As far as the Universal discussion vs cruise lines being fair.  I hear you, but its really not fair because Universal is an American company that pays American taxes and the cruise lines foreign companies that do not.  They have to be held do different standards because when they screw up the American taxpayer is on the hook.  That's what happened last year. I really don't want to be paying for someone's ruined vacation while I was not even on the ship.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Expect all RCCL cruises to be like this. Only Celebrity will use the 95% threshold of vaxxed passengers. People that are vaxxed really don't realize how utterly screwed up RCCL management is being. They are so desperate to have unvaxxed kids sail they will punish every adult on board with masks, limited capacity and social distancing. 

My plan is to constantly have a drink in my hand and mask off to drink.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Many colleges are requiring a Covid vaccine. No vaccine, no classes. Yale, Emory, Bates, Elon, Morehouse. the SUNYs,Duke,Wake Forest...just to name a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

My plan is to constantly have a drink in my hand and mask off to drink.

I doubt they will let you get away with that? You will get banned for life if you try that I think.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No assumptions made and I don’t expect anyone to agree with me. Lots of people have different opinions on here, and last I checked, can agree or disagree with others. It’s not an echo chamber. 

What I said about Universal is correct. Vaccinated persons only. A potential disaster in the making for spread because of the pitifully low full vaccination rate in my state of Florida. The CDC does not and cannot control Universal. So they and the cruise lines are not going to be treated the same. It’s just a fact no matter what the cruise line execs say.  And I suspect they know that but it makes for good sound bites. 

Whether people wear masks really has nothing to do with whether a state is “open”.  If there’s no mask mandate or capacity restrictions it’s open. And some people will continue to wear masks and that’s their call. 

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

He did another one before he got the vaccine and there was a significant drop in antibodies. He was reluctant to get the vaccine because he figured that he had the antibodies but as it turned out they were very low.  He didn't even have a reaction to the vaccine. 

As time passes more studies from research are beginning to become available that are providing more information about those that had natural immunity (with mild symptoms).

The more research, over time, is coming to different conclusions than previously understood. 

Regarding the drop in antibodies, (i.e., that since it "fades faster" it is or soon will be gone is now challenged by the research for those that had mild symptoms that concludes 'of course it does fade faster, after its job is done and it lies in wait to defend again (perhaps forever).

Please look at the article, especially the quote below the link.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/05/210524110135.htm

"People with mild cases of COVID-19 clear the virus from their bodies two to three weeks after infection, so there would be no virus driving an active immune response seven or 11 months after infection," Ellebedy said. "These cells are not dividing. They are quiescent, just sitting in the bone marrow and secreting antibodies. They have been doing that ever since the infection resolved, and they will continue doing that indefinitely."

• Like 1

Well looks like the June 26 sailing is cleared to go vaccinated and unchallenged.

“Our law that I signed takes effect July 1st. So if something happens at the end of June, that law will not be in effect. Our laws typically take effect July 1st, so that’s just the reality,” he explained, promising the state will ultimately “enforce the law.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/01/xclusive-desantis-cdc-in-effect-mandating-a-vaccine-passport-for-the-cruise-industry/