***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

27 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still see this as hypocrisy. I think it's unfair that I am obligated to get a vaccine for a disease that poses little risk to me. But I will do it for the "greater good". Yet some sourpusses can't extend the same grace to the children of the world. Entitled.

Your not obligated to get a vaccine.  I am sure you can go on one of the other cruise lines that are going to sail with unvaccinated passengers and do the test cruises etc.  You don't have to use any business where you don't like their policies.  Just use another business where the rules are more to your liking.  Businesses should be able to set rules and if you don't like those rules you can go to another establishment.  Been that way like, forever.

• Like 4

Just now, cscurlock said:

Your not obligated to get a vaccine.  I am sure you can go on one of the other cruise lines that are going to sail with unvaccinated passengers and do the test cruises etc.  You don't have to use any business where you don't like their policies.  Just use another business where the rules are more to your liking.  Businesses should be able to set rules and if you don't like those rules you can go to another establishment.  Been that way like, forever.

See prior post about de facto force.

1 minute ago, lakinapook said:

See prior post about de facto force.

Again, they are not forcing you.  You have every right to try another cruise line that doesn't have those rules and they will gladly take your money.  The only time its forcing is if there are no alternatives but there will be alternatives. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They are just looking for a fight, just made their first post about 15 minutes ago; only here to troll and argue. 

Nope I just think you are wrong and everyone is being too stubborn to admit I have a point. You all have the option of not replying yet everyone is ready to attack me for disagreeing with the party line and dismiss me because I am not a board veteran

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

Again, they are not forcing you.  You have every right to try another cruise line that doesn't have those rules and they will gladly take your money.  The only time its forcing is if there are no alternatives but there will be alternatives. 

What other cruise line is not requiring vaccines?

18 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Saw Ace’s post in your quote, I am

pretty sure the “masks forever movement” has already been debunked by many line’s policy, as well as CDC. 

But not debunked by Royal? Because what if a vaccine is never available for kids under the age of 12? You can't get 95% plus then can you?

3 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

Nope I just think you are wrong and everyone is being too stubborn to admit I have a point. You all have the option of not replying yet everyone is ready to attack me for disagreeing with the party line and dismiss me because I am not a board veteran

I have two kids ages 3 and 6, my strategy is just to wait a bit before taking them on another cruise. They are super excited just to go to the beach and zoo this year so maybe 2022 we will cruise again. There are lots of vacation options for families with kids, no one is entitled to go on a cruise if you don't like the current policies just sit it out for a bit. Also FWIW I've never felt like anyone is attacking kids or families on here.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

Not that I am aware of

According to the Carnival board they are not insisting on vaccination at all? And I can't see Disney making 95% not a chance of that. And MSC do not appear to have made any announcement either way that I can see at least on the first 2 pages?

Just now, ace2542 said:

According to the Carnival board they are not insisting on vaccination at all? And I can't see Disney making 95% not a chance of that. And MSC do not appear to have made any announcement either way that I can see at least on the first 2 pages?

Nothing is decided. The CDC pressure is still on.

13 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

I have two kids ages 3 and 6, my strategy is just to wait a bit before taking them on another cruise. They are super excited just to go to the beach and zoo this year so maybe 2022 we will cruise again. There are lots of vacation options for families with kids, no one is entitled to go on a cruise if you don't like the current policies just sit it out for a bit. Also FWIW I've never felt like anyone is attacking kids or families on here.

I am not disagreeing with that. I came on because I think all the hatred and vitriol being spewed about RCL giving consideration to the plight of families is entitled behavior. Not because I was mad at my vacation options. 

Edited by lakinapook

47 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

No one (other than NCL and Celebrity I believe) has made any "official" stance yet. Carnival has said they don't want vaccine requirements, but other than Alaska I'm not sure they have published official rules yet?

Disney will be the absolute last one to this party. Don't be surprised if DCL ships don't sail until 2022. They will play their decision very close to the vest for now.

40 minutes ago, jrapps said:

No one (other than NCL and Celebrity I believe) has made any "official" stance yet. Carnival has said they don't want vaccine requirements, but other than Alaska I'm not sure they have published official rules yet?

Disney will be the absolute last one to this party. Don't be surprised if DCL ships don't sail until 2022. They will play their decision very close to the vest for now.

Right. So, if we are being completely intellectually honest, then the argument that I can just take a cruise where I am not required to be vaccinated is moot as thus far there are no cruises that are requiring no vaccine? This is not directed at jrapps specifically but rather pointing out the illogic of the "you can just cruise another carrier" argument.

1 hour ago, lakinapook said:

Carnival CEO has stated he will not require vaccinations which probably will also include Princess and Holland America since they are under the same umbrella.  So there will be alternatives.  Again everyone will be happy because there are cruises for unvaccinated and vaccinated passengers.  I see this as a win since everyone will have the choice what they want rules they want to cruise with.  They are going to do test cruises from port canaveral soon on the Mardi gras from what I know.  They wouldnt do that unless they were going the unvaccinated route.

Edited by cscurlock
misspelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lakinapook said:

It's a matter of age discrimination.

And I don't know if you are familiar with the concept of de facto force or obligation but it means that while there is no law requiring an action that outside pressure creates an obligation.

2 hours ago, lakinapook said:

It's a matter of age discrimination.

And I don't know if you are familiar with the concept of de facto force or obligation but it means that while there is no law requiring an action that outside pressure creates an obligation.

Will you be screaming about age discrimination when your kids are not allowed to attend college without the meningococcal vaccine? Personally, I would not take my children on a cruise  that did not require 100% vaccinated guests and staff . 
But what do I know. I'm just half of a physician/ nurse practitioner couple.

When I booked with Royal after being dissed by NCL I was told "100% vaccines required".

I'll give it a few more weeks, but I'm not cruising on a ship that will require me to wear a mask on my vacation and whilst eating soup.

Children are very frequently asymptomatic and will still be running around spreading to other children and the unvaccinated. And then the cruise will end for everyone.

As someone who has actually ministered to those dying of Covid- YOU are the one with a selfish attitude. Incredible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cscurlock said:

Carnival CEO has stated he will not require vaccinations which probably will also include Princess and Holland America since they are under the same umbrella.  So there will be alternatives.  Again everyone will be happy because there are cruises for unvaccinated and vaccinated passengers.  I see this as a win since everyone will have the choice what they want rules they want to cruise with.    

Eventually perhaps, I mean eventually no cruise line will require vaccinations because at some point the virus will become endemis like the flu. But didn't Carnival get into it withdesantis about not being able to require vaccines ? 

4 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Will you be screaming about age discrimination when your kids are not allowed to attend college without the meningococcal vaccine? Personally, I would not take my children on a cruise  that did not require 100% vaccinated guests and staff . 
But what do I know. I'm just half of a physician/ nurse practitioner couple.

When I booked with Royal after being dissed by NCL I was told "100% vaccines required".

I'll give it a few more weeks, but I'm not cruising on a ship that will require me to wear a mask on my vacation and whilst eating soup.

Children are very frequently asymptomatic and will still be running around spreading to other children and the unvaccinated. And then the cruise will end for everyone.

As someone who has actually ministered to those dying of Covid- YOU are the one with a selfish attitude. Incredible.

Wow, a red herring AND an appeal to authority. Most people can only fit one logical fallacy into their post.

Am I going to scream about the vaccine that has been FDA approved and used for years, for so long that I personally got that vaccine for college a million years ago? As opposed to the vaccine only approved for emergency use that hasn't been administered for even entire year? This isn't even a comparison.

As someone who has met dumb medical professionals I am not impressed by the credentials you claim to have, not do I accept them as any indication of expertise.

2 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

Eventually perhaps, I mean eventually no cruise line will require vaccinations because at some point the virus will become endemis like the flu. But didn't Carnival get into it withdesantis about not being able to require vaccines ? 

I don't think so.  Carnivals CEO in an interview said this already he was going to not require them.  Although I do find it amusing for Alaska cruises they are going the vaccinated route but that might be because of the local authorities in Washington and port agreements.  The rules on carnivals site would give me serious pause about going on a unvaccinated cruise with them.  Their rules basically state that they will be testing getting on and off at ports and if you test positive you can't come back on the ship. So your basically stranded there.  This is why its extremely dangerous going unvaccinated because there are issues far beyond Florida that the cruise lines are going to have to deal with. This will also not go away anytime soon as people can come from all over the world to cruise on a cruise ship.  

1 minute ago, cscurlock said:

I don't think so.  Carnivals CEO in an interview said this already he was going to not require them.  Although I do find it amusing for Alaska cruises they are going the vaccinated route but that might be because of the local authorities in Washington and port agreements.  The rules on carnivals site would give me serious pause about going on a unvaccinated cruise with them.  Their rules basically state that they will be testing getting on and off at ports and if you test positive you can't come back on the ship. So your basically stranded there.  This is why its extremely dangerous going unvaccinated because there are issues far beyond Florida that the cruise lines are going to have to deal with. This will also not go away anytime soon as people can come from all over the world to cruise on a cruise ship.  

I will look for the info on Carnival. I do think my original reason for posting was because people were being crabby because they felt unvaccinated children were going to ruin things for them has gotten subsumed by this other thing of vaccination vs no vaccination on a larger scale

1 minute ago, lakinapook said:

I will look for the info on Carnival. I do think my original reason for posting was because people were being crabby because they felt unvaccinated children were going to ruin things for them has gotten subsumed by this other thing of vaccination vs no vaccination on a larger scale

To be clear, under current protocols, greater then 5% unvaccinated children on a ship DOES ruin the vacation; unless you feel masks, social distancing, and restricted movements are a fair trade for multiple thousands of dollars......

• Like 1