***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

The chance of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus to others is minuscule. This is the reason why the CDC has new guidance for vaccinated people. Do you realize even if a vaccinated person is exposed to a KNOWN Covid positive person, that vaccinated person does not have to get tested or quarantine? That is BIG news. In fact, THAT is the news we vaccinated people have been waiting for. It is a HUGE sigh of relief for me to know I have practically a zero change of transmitting this virus to others if I should become infected.

This.  The CDC is allowing both types of cruises so I think cruisers can choose what they want to do.  I am on the vaccinated train since I really don't want my vacation being held hostage by people who could potentially end it.  I'd much rather go on a cruise that would not have that happen.  Too much money and time involved to have something ruin it.  If its not Florida it will be another port to sail out of so I am not concerned.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lakinapook said:

Realistically, if the vaccine on its own isn't enough to protect you, so much so that you only wish to associate with other vaccinated people, then what was the point in taking the vaccine at all? you do realize you won't be able to keep away from unvaccinated people forever, right?

This is a question I read over and over and over again of vaccinated people. It has nothing to do with not feeling protected from the virus. I am out and about now that I'm vaxxed and not wearing a mask where masks are not requested. I feel extremely protected and do not fear being around unvaxxed people....at all.

The one and only reason I, as a vaxxed person, do not want to be on a cruise ship with un-vaxxed people is because I do not want my cruise vacation interrupted by a Covid outbreak on the ship. Being on a ship is not the same as being on land, as I'm sure you are very much aware. I've already mentioned in another post the possible problems that may arise on a cruise ship if there were to be an outbreak on board. Chances of that happening are so much less with a fully vaccinated ship of crew and passengers. I would much rather take the increased risk out of the equation.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

This is a question I read over and over and over again of vaccinated people. It has nothing to do with not feeling protected from the virus. I am out and about now that I'm vaxxed and not wearing a mask where masks are not requested. I feel extremely protected and do not fear being around unvaxxed people....at all.

The one and only reason I, as a vaxxed person, do not want to be on a cruise ship with un-vaxxed people is because I do not want my cruise vacation interrupted by a Covid outbreak on the ship. Being on a ship is not the same as being on land, as I'm sure you are very much aware. I've already mentioned in another post the possible problems that may arise on a cruise ship if there were to be an outbreak on board. Chances of that happening are so much less with a fully vaccinated ship of crew and passengers. I would much rather take the increased risk out of the equation.

You are really not understanding my point.

Edited by lakinapook

PLENTY is a really vague amount, and you are wrong anyway. Very few young people with no comorbidities have died from covid.

Is anyone who is young and feels invisible REALLY willing to take that chance? I would not, that is for sure.

You are the one who keeps angrily responding to things I wrote, one after the other, oh I just got notified you have responded to yet another post. You can ignore me lady. That's an option. Y

I honestly find your postings quite amusing. Thank you for the entertainment. AND.....I really, really meant that.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I most certainly do trust the Moderna vaccine that I was inoculated with. I'm happily coming into contact with lots of folks and I do not know if they are vaccinated or not. I do keep my distance, however, if I have room. Why be up so close to folks you don't know anyway? I would imagine, there will come a time when I will go to a venue where people are seated shoulder to shoulder. I will gladly do it as I feel extremely safe being vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine.

So you think I'm entitled? OK.......I'm entitled. Feel better?

Coffeebean, you don't have the power to impact my mood. I have felt fabulous all day.  You can disagree til the cows come home girl.

Just now, lakinapook said:

Coffeebean, you don't have the power to impact my mood. I have felt fabulous all day.  You can disagree til the cows come home girl.

Have I come across as angrily responding to you? You have read me completely incorrectly. I have never been angry, just amused. Really.

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I honestly find your postings quite amusing. Thank you for the entertainment. AND.....I really, really meant that.

Glad I could brighten your day.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku

Just in case you wanted to rethink the idea that I am so young I understand no risk.  

I'm not that young although it pains me to admit that.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No question, I am sure it will be fine.  I was just trying to underscore the fact that none of us really know what type of experience we are signing up for because of the non committal from RCCL 

I am jealous, I wish I could swing Alaska this year, what a great opportunity to experience that on a potentially lower occupancy trip.

I’m pumped that’s for sure. It’s a blast looking at my cruise planner shopping for drinks/excursions etc. and believing that the cruise is really going to go. 

Seeing this is especially gratifying 

D027B34C-7096-4952-8520-5DA96BFA8C02.jpeg

• Like 2

You can just accumulate all of your grievances with me into one post you know. It would save time for both of us.

I have always responded to people as I read the forum. That is just my way of navigating all forums, actually. It is easier for me that way but thanks for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, not fully.  Only for 12 years and older.  If the unvaxed threshold surpasses 5%, this cruise will require a "test cruise" and masks will be required at all times when outside one's cabin.

Seriously? Is that what will be required of all passengers if there are un-vaxxed people on board? Masking outdoors too, even at the pool? Why in the world would anyone want THAT experience? Just to let kids cruise? Let them go to Disney World where at least they don't have to wear masks OUTDOORS anymore.

No, you are entitled. Your safety is not at stake, your comfort is. People are complaining because they are afraid they will have to wear masks. If you feel it is a matter of safety then you should wait longer before resuming your travels.

OK....now I get it why you think I am entitled. With your description, Yes I most certainly am entitled. Lots of others have also voiced that they do not want to have to mask up on their cruise vacation that they paid for.

According to you, I'm also entitled because I do not want my my cruise vacation disrupted by a Covid outbreak on board. OK....for sure I am entitled and I'm proud to be entitled if it means my cruise vacation will not be ruined by un-vaxxed passengers. According to you, I'm also entitled for wanting my cruise to be as safe as possible with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers on board. Call me entitled. YUP....you broke me. I am entitled and proud of it when you describe the entitlement the way you do.

coffeebean - The Entitled One

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lakinapook said:

I'm going to have to ask for you to provide some references. I was kind enough to provide a link to the cdc database of covid deaths because I wanted to be sure you understood that your "plenty" of young dead people don't actually exist. So I am skeptical about the accuracy of your information as you have been wrong recently.

CDC.gov

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

And the vaccinated as well. Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get it you know.

Yes, Ace, We are all well aware of that. BUT......recent data shows that vaccinated people have such a low incidence of spreading the virus to others. THAT is the real beauty of these vaccines besides the enormous protection they offer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

OK....now I get it why you think I am entitled. With your description, Yes I most certainly am entitled. Lots of others have also voiced that they do not want to have to mask up on their cruise vacation that they paid for.

According to you, I'm also entitled because I do not want my my cruise vacation disrupted by a Covid outbreak on board. OK....for sure I am entitled and I'm proud to be entitled if it means my cruise vacation will not be ruined by un-vaxxed passengers. According to you, I'm also entitled for wanting my cruise to be as safe as possible with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers on board. Call me entitled. YUP....you broke me. I am entitled and proud of it when you describe the entitlement the way you do.

coffeebean - The Entitled One

Yay

On another note, it say this topic is HOT, but really it is 90 percent Coffeebean and me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

That is not strictly true. What if a ship was sinking or in serious trouble like the Costa ship and had to be evacuated at sea very quickly for some reason. Wouldn't the need to lift people into the life boat in some cases maybe cost the lives of others?

This is why the crew is trained in these procedures. I have trust the crew to carry out their procedures in a safe and orderly manner. 

SOLAS - Safety Of Life At Sea

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not at all, they are all at this website 

Sending someone to the cdc website isn't provising references, don't play dumb. I gave you a specific place to find the data. If it is at the website you've seen it and should be able to give me a more specific link. 

Edited by lakinapook