***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

Just now, lakinapook said:

I will look for the info on Carnival. I do think my original reason for posting was because people were being crabby because they felt unvaccinated children were going to ruin things for them has gotten subsumed by this other thing of vaccination vs no vaccination on a larger scale

By the time most of this starts really rolling say August,  Kids will have full approval and the vaccine will be fully approved.  Then all the arguments will be my body my choice because that's all that will be left to argue lol.  Again there will be choices, unvaccinated or vaccinated.  Maybe the cruise lines make Florida a unvaccinated only cruise state but then all those cruises will have to deal with all the rules etc. that really no one wants to deal with on a vacation.  Desantis has no way to challenge vaccination rules on Alaska cruises so there ya go. I'm pretty sure those cruises will be filled with no issues. This is a Florida only problem that only applies to Florida residents. All other states don't have these rules and the cruise line can ask those passengers for verification over the internet which is outside Florida's state line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

According to the Carnival board they are not insisting on vaccination at all? And I can't see Disney making 95% not a chance of that. And MSC do not appear to have made any announcement either way that I can see at least on the first 2 pages?

Carnival has not made a policy, the same as rcl hasnt made a overall policy, ..just alaska.

Rcl and carnival both have made comments about mock cruises. No difference. Please dont give out false information. Both are family oriented. Both probably have more than 5% kids. We know about neither. 

At least we know rcl has actually scheduled one mock cruise, which is more than carnival has done. Posting you know what carnival policies will be is misleading people. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

I don't think so.  Carnivals CEO in an interview said this already he was going to not require them.  Although I do find it amusing for Alaska cruises they are going the vaccinated route but that might be because of the local authorities in Washington and port agreements.  The rules on carnivals site would give me serious pause about going on a unvaccinated cruise with them.  Their rules basically state that they will be testing getting on and off at ports and if you test positive you can't come back on the ship. So your basically stranded there.  This is why its extremely dangerous going unvaccinated because there are issues far beyond Florida that the cruise lines are going to have to deal with. This will also not go away anytime soon as people can come from all over the world to cruise on a cruise ship.  

Not exactly true. He said he doesnt feel cruiselines are being treated fairly ... every time he mentioned vaccine policy ... but ... until the but is removed, we dont know., 

Carnival also says they want to start vista july 3rd... if it's going to be unvaccinated and mock cruises, they better get started hiring crew. Until the policy is in writing I am not going to hang my hat on a interview about what he wants to do   ..but... .

Carnival does have a health online form that opens just before you cruise about being around covid and any symptoms. Penalty possible for false answers it says in the corner.

If carnival actually came out with policies including masks and excursions, my roll call would sure be relieved.. no written policy to cruise yet. Just like rcl. I'm watching vista closely since I'm booked in sept. 

28 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

To be clear, under current protocols, greater then 5% unvaccinated children on a ship DOES ruin the vacation; unless you feel masks, social distancing, and restricted movements are a fair trade for multiple thousands of dollars......

And my point was that if the roles were swapped and we had restrictions because of old passengers no one would be complaining. And it wouldn't ruin my vacation, it would ruin my vacation if RCL said no kids. The idea of a vacation ruination is subjective depending on your perspective. 

Seriously, it isn't all about you.

1 minute ago, lakinapook said:

And my point was that if the roles were swapped and we had restrictions because of old passengers no one would be complaining.

There was quite a bit of grumbling when RCI was going to require a doc note for anyone over 70 to sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

There was quite a bit of grumbling when RCI was going to require a doc note for anyone over 70 to sail.

By those over 70 obviously. Not sure what your point here is. This is not an apt comparison.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:27 PM, Blauelini said:

And because of the whining and crying, all passengers on RCCL cruises that do not meet the 95% threshold will not meet the new CDC guidance and will have to wear masks, social distance, etc.... All because they want to let kids run around (who will likely not be wearing any masks). So every adult will have to pay the price of wearing a mask for the whole cruise. 

I will not cruise on any ship that mandates masking for fully vaccinated passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 7:18 AM, Abernhar said:

I dont understand why Rccl cant assign some ships for kids and other ships for ‘vaccinated only’ - ther should be a market for both?

Agree, let all those un-vaccinated folks transmit the virus among themselves. Leave us vaccinated folks to enjoy an uninterrupted cruise by keeping the risk of Covid transmission to a bare minimum.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, cscurlock said:

I see this as a win since everyone will have the choice what they want rules they want to cruise with

And when those cruises return, we will see whether the Vax made a difference or not.

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not exactly true. He said he doesnt feel cruiselines are being treated fairly ... every time he mentioned vaccine policy ... but ... until the but is removed, we dont know., 

Carnival also says they want to start vista july 3rd... if it's going to be unvaccinated and mock cruises, they better get started hiring crew. Until the policy is in writing I am not going to hang my hat on a interview about what he wants to do   ..but... .

Carnival does have a health online form that opens just before you cruise about being around covid and any symptoms. Penalty possible for false answers it says in the corner.

If carnival actually came out with policies including masks and excursions, my roll call would sure be relieved.. no written policy to cruise yet. Just like rcl. I'm watching vista closely since I'm booked in sept. 

"The company probably won't require vaccinations against COVID-19 as a general prerequisite for boarding, he said, but may make the jab mandatory for those cruises favored by seniors."  Probably is not 100% chance but its high.

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Agree, let all those un-vaccinated folks transmit the virus among themselves. Leave us vaccinated folks to enjoy an uninterrupted cruise by keeping the risk of Covid transmission to a bare minimum.

What are you talking about? You can still carry the virus with you. Yes, you might not get infected yourself but you can still carry the virus the infect other people. Its like flue after you've been sick

9 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Realistically, if the vaccine on its own isn't enough to protect you, so much so that you only wish to associate with other vaccinated people, then what was the point in taking the vaccine at all? you do realize you won't be able to keep away from unvaccinated people forever, right?

Edited by lakinapook
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

"The company probably won't require vaccinations against COVID-19 as a general prerequisite for boarding, he said, but may make the jab mandatory for those cruises favored by seniors."  Probably is not 100% chance but its high.

Here is the health form to fill out about 2 weeks prior to your carnival cruise. 

20210528_115400625.jpeg

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Here is the health form to fill out about 2 weeks prior to your carnival cruise. 

20210528_115400625.jpeg

And just reading that confirms my belief they are going the unvaccinated route.  So there are options for both sides soon.

4 hours ago, lakinapook said:

Sadly the entire last year has been a lesson in how entitled people think they are. 

I would not call us "entitled". More, wanting to be as safe as possible in a controlled environment, which a cruise ship is. Allowing un-vaxxed passengers is a nightmare waiting to happen, especially when those un-vaxxed passengers are kids. Kids who can not and do not understand safety guidelines. Kids who will undoubtedly push all the elevator buttons like they have done for decades. That's all a part of being a kid and I understand that. I just do not want those kids spreading a deadly virus all over a ship which is a controlled environment. Sanitation measures aside, you CAN NOT sanitize your world.

Call me entitled if you wish. I just do not see it that way. I'm careful and tend to want to stay as safe as possible in my daily life and that includes being on a cruise ship. Cruising with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers is the ONLY way to cruise as safely as possible. Count me out on any cruise ships that allows any un-vaccinated passengers or crew........ at least for the start up of cruising out of the US. Hopefully, things will change as we get more US citizens vaccinated and reach a safe herd immunity in our country.

As an aside..........I'm fully vaccinated and happily navigating life without a mask on ever since the CDC gave us guidelines that vaccinated people do not have to mask up. I do, however, continue to wear a mask if a sign is posted on any building that I wish to enter that masks are REQUIRED.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cdc-clears-u-s-cruise-restart-june/

Although not specifically Royal, this lines up exactly with what Fain has recently said about how US restart will look for Celebrity and for Royal Caribbean Group in general. This is indicative of how fast the 95% vaccinated passenger route is compared to having to do test sailings. Although this topic has been talked about extensively on this forum, it will be interesting to see how Celebrity will deal with DeSantis's executive order.

This is great news for the industry! I wonder if Royal will be doing the same with select ships.

Florida threatens Celebrity Cruises with fines if it asks passengers for proof of COVID-19 vaccination (msn.com)

• Like 2

Also if I came here with all sorts of complaints about how outrageous and annoying elderly people are on cruises I'd be pilloried. Somehow people think it's ok to bash children and families? We only need vaccines because of the damned old people ontheship. Neone of my family is old enough that covid is an issue for us we only take the vaccine to protect the old and the fragile. But no one thinks of us. It's all take take take with you.

Are you aware that plenty of young people, with NO comorbidities have died from Covid? Are you aware there are plenty of young people who are suffering with long haul Covid side effects that just may change their lives forever because of debilitating side effects of Covid? I don't know about you, but if I were young, which I'm not, I would most certainly get myself vaccinated.

This first youngish 40 year old I had heard of passing away from complications of Covid was a vibrant Broadway performer who was a singer and dancer. He wound up with one leg amputated because of blood clots that were caused from Covid. He never knew his leg was amputated though because he remained in an induced coma for the couple of months he was hospitalized. He never came out of that coma.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I would not call us "entitled". More, wanting to be as safe as possible in a controlled environment, which a cruise ship is. Allowing un-vaxxed passengers is a nightmare waiting to happen, especially when those un-vaxxed passengers are kids. Kids who can not and do not understand safety guidelines. Kids who will undoubtedly push all the elevator buttons like they have done for decades. That's all a part of being a kid and I understand that. I just do not want those kids spreading a deadly virus all over a ship which is a controlled environment. Sanitation measures aside, you CAN NOT sanitize your world.

Call me entitled if you wish. I just do not see it that way. I'm careful and tend to want to stay as safe as possible in my daily life and that includes being on a cruise ship. Cruising with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers is the ONLY way to cruise as safely as possible. Count me out on any cruise ships that allows any un-vaccinated passengers or crew........ at least for the start up of cruising out of the US. Hopefully, things will change as we get more US citizens vaccinated and reach a safe herd immunity in our country.

As an aside..........I'm fully vaccinated and happily navigating life without a mask on ever since the CDC gave us guidelines that vaccinated people do not have to mask up. I do, however, continue to wear a mask if a sign is posted on any building that I wish to enter that masks are REQUIRED.

You should not be going on any cruise if you are afraid that a 'nighmare'  may occur. It sounds like you do not trust the science of your vaccine. 

Oh.... and per your request.... you're entitled. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, harkinmr said:

It’s not a matter of “extending grace” to children.  Neither you nor anyone else is “obligated” to be vaccinated.  Children will all be able to be fully vaccinated by the Fall.  This is a safety issue in the midst of a pandemic. For cruising these are relatively short term decisions. Excluding children that are not vaccinated in the short term is not some mean-spirited discrimination or mistreatment of children. 

Hello @harkinmr I see you made it over to the Celebrity forum. I came by to see what's shakin' over here. Nothing new. LOL!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeniseT said:

I've seen daily specials from Royal in my email box, but if they won't required adults (at the least) to be vaccinated, it will be years before I cruise with them again. 

RCG is offering fully vaccinated cruises. St. Maarten, and I believe Nassau. Go for it! 

It's a matter of age discrimination.

And I don't know if you are familiar with the concept of de facto force or obligation but it means that while there is no law requiring an action that outside pressure creates an obligation.

This is most certainly NOT a matter of age discrimination. Did you not read what what just posted by another poster? ......By the fall, all ages will be able to be vaccinated. Currently, infants are in trials for the vaccines as are pregnant women. I surely hope the time line is correct but even if the time line is not correct, eventually, all ages will be able to be vaccinated. That means, everyone will be able to cruise even if the cruise lines require all people to be vaccinated.

Are you not aware that trials have to be done for the FDA to give their emergency approval for the vaccines? You seem not to realize that when you make a statement about this being about "age discrimination". My goodness. open your eyes, please!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cscurlock said:

By the time most of this starts really rolling say August,  Kids will have full approval and the vaccine will be fully approved.  Then all the arguments will be my body my choice because that's all that will be left to argue lol.  Again there will be choices, unvaccinated or vaccinated.  Maybe the cruise lines make Florida a unvaccinated only cruise state but then all those cruises will have to deal with all the rules etc. that really no one wants to deal with on a vacation.  Desantis has no way to challenge vaccination rules on Alaska cruises so there ya go. I'm pretty sure those cruises will be filled with no issues. This is a Florida only problem that only applies to Florida residents. All other states don't have these rules and the cruise line can ask those passengers for verification over the internet which is outside Florida's state line.

I know that my August Alaska cruise has jumped 10% since it opened for booking and I booked on Aug 22.