***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cdc-clears-u-s-cruise-restart-june/

Although not specifically Royal, this lines up exactly with what Fain has recently said about how US restart will look for Celebrity and for Royal Caribbean Group in general. This is indicative of how fast the 95% vaccinated passenger route is compared to having to do test sailings. Although this topic has been talked about extensively on this forum, it will be interesting to see how Celebrity will deal with DeSantis's executive order.

This is great news for the industry! I wonder if Royal will be doing the same with select ships.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Royal needs to do the same, otherwise the restart will take forever.

Royal has already said they won't go the 95% route because families are their bread & butter. No way to limit un-vaccinated kids to just 5%, especially over the summer when they hope to get going.

That said, they obviously think they have no issue requiring vaccines in FL, so  hopefully the Royal cruises are vaccines required for all eligible (12+) passengers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

Yeah, I noticed this too, but they didn't announce a homeport for this sailing. Any guesses why?

I would be very surprised if it's not Fort Lauderdale. They have moved most Caribbean traffic away from Miami except for two ships next year. The 7/18 is a Sunday so Edge would do Saturday sailings and Equinox takes Sundays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Royal has already said they won't go the 95% route because families are their bread & butter. No way to limit un-vaccinated kids to just 5%, especially over the summer when they hope to get going.

They should get start with 95% vaccinated on Vision and Radiance class.  And do test cruises on Voyager class and up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

That said, they obviously think they have no issue requiring vaccines in FL, so  hopefully the Royal cruises are vaccines required for all eligible (12+) passengers.

And because of the whining and crying, all passengers on RCCL cruises that do not meet the 95% threshold will not meet the new CDC guidance and will have to wear masks, social distance, etc.... All because they want to let kids run around (who will likely not be wearing any masks). So every adult will have to pay the price of wearing a mask for the whole cruise. 

• Like 4

Just now, Abernhar said:

I dont understand why Rccl cant assign some ships for kids and other ships for ‘vaccinated only’ - ther should be a market for both?

They are. Their Royal Caribbean International ships are for both. Their Celebrity ships will be Vaccinated only.

It's easiest for them to make that distinction along brand lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blauelini said:

And because of the whining and crying, all passengers on RCCL cruises that do not meet the 95% threshold will not meet the new CDC guidance and will have to wear masks, social distance, etc.... All because they want to let kids run around (who will likely not be wearing any masks). So every adult will have to pay the price of wearing a mask for the whole cruise. 

what?  Fully vaccinated passengers will have to mask up?  Where did you see that?

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

They are. Their Royal Caribbean International ships are for both. Their Celebrity ships will be Vaccinated only.

It's easiest for them to make that distinction along brand lines.

but some local ports only have one brand, so really not a choice for the drive to port customers,  

17 minutes ago, BSocial said:

but some local ports only have one brand, so really not a choice for the drive to port customers,  

I don't think the cruise lines are going to look at it that way plenty of people fly for cruises every year from their perspective they have different brands that offer different things.

Also be clear I'm neither defending or condemning any of these decisions merely stating how they stand today

20 minutes ago, BSocial said:

what?  Fully vaccinated passengers will have to mask up?  Where did you see that?

Yes. Unless 95% or more of the ship is vaccinated. There is no provision in the CSO to distinguish between vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers with respect to masks unless the entire ship is 95% or more.

They would have the ability to create certain areas of the ship where you could take a mask off if you're vaccinated but this would involve segregating the population on the ship and only vaccinated people would be allowed into certain areas. That's a lot of logistics that I don't think the cruise lines want to bother with.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Seems people are confused by the mask policy guidelines including a popular blogger.  

If you are on a ship that requires everyone to be vaccinated (Celebrity), the cruise line can tell you that you don’t need to wear a mask or social distance at all. 

If the cruise line does not agree to the 95% vaxxed customer agreement (Royal) and as a result does test cruises, masks are required. Social distancing is required. Modified meal service is required. The updates to these cruises was masks are not required outdoors or during ‘extended’ dining. 

On a cruise that does NOT agree to the 95% vaxxed plan, there is no differentiation between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Everyone is treated the same.

So if you want to cruise as close to ‘normal’ as possible, you probably want to head over to the Celebrity or Silversea website and start booking. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Abernhar said:

I dont understand why Rccl cant assign some ships for kids and other ships for ‘vaccinated only’ - ther should be a market for both?

How do you pick and choose for sailings that were already booked long in advance.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

How do you pick and choose for sailings that were already booked long in advance.

Well... as long as Rccl will start up vaccinated cruises from Bayonne in august i se no reason why the cant do that in Florida? If they for an example start up Allure and Oasis in late July and spilt these ship in ‘vaccinated’ and ‘unvaccinated’ some people of course have to ‘jump ships’ , but then they actually could have more ships in service.... 

As long as the ships is ‘open’ to anyone i think Rccl will use lenger time between scrambel new ships to servise. And that means less passengers and higher prices...

3 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Seems people are confused by the mask policy guidelines including a popular blogger.  

If you are on a ship that requires everyone to be vaccinated (Celebrity), the cruise line can tell you that you don’t need to wear a mask or social distance at all. 

If the cruise line does not agree to the 95% vaxxed customer agreement (Royal) and as a result does test cruises, masks are required. Social distancing is required. Modified meal service is required. The updates to these cruises was masks are not required outdoors or during ‘extended’ dining. 

On a cruise that does NOT agree to the 95% vaxxed plan, there is no differentiation between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Everyone is treated the same.

So if you want to cruise as close to ‘normal’ as possible, you probably want to head over to the Celebrity or Silversea website and start booking. 

Well said. Royal is screwing every person that travels without kids by making them wear masks for the entire cruise inside the ship and social distance requirements everywhere just so children under 12 can travel. Ironically,  expect to see those same kids running around without masks. If you want to cruise in a civilized manner and actually enjoy yourself,  you best go with Celebrity or NCL who are running all vaxxed cruises only. RCCL will be worse than it currently is around town in Florida. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abernhar said:

Well... as long as Rccl will start up vaccinated cruises from Bayonne in august i se no reason why the cant do that in Florida? If they for an example start up Allure and Oasis in late July and spilt these ship in ‘vaccinated’ and ‘unvaccinated’ some people of course have to ‘jump ships’ , but then they actually could have more ships in service.... 

As long as the ships is ‘open’ to anyone i think Rccl will use lenger time between scrambel new ships to servise. And that means less passengers and higher prices...

I'm still not clear about  the proof of vaccine situation in Florida so I'm not sure that can happen. Also it sounds like a logistic nightmare and you know whoever gets switched will not be happy and will no doubt come running here to bash the cruise line.

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm still not clear about  the proof of vaccine situation in Florida so I'm not sure that can happen. Also it sounds like a logistic nightmare and you know whoever gets switched will not be happy and will no doubt come running here to bash the cruise line.

the alternative to this ‘nightnare’ is several canselled cruises this summer and early fall........

I think we just have to wait.... and see👌 

i’m booked on a med.cruise on Harmony late august... still dont know what is happening - but hope for a cruise⛴. As long Msc, Costa and others can make this happen i dont understand why Rccl wont.....

As long as the ship (Harmony) still Cruising around in ‘the med’ in 2,5 knots its still hope....