Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

1 hour ago, TillyTheGreat said:

On another matter, (upwarduk)  how/ where do I find out about Double Points please?

It was a promotion when we booked! 
Later they were advertising free parking, but we missed out on that, as we had booked too early, 30/04/21.

Hello. I'm looking to travel on 18 September.  Never cruised Celebrity before so unsure of excursions booking. I really want to go to Giant's Causeway from Belfast and wonder whether anyone is able to advise if there are spaces on this excursion before I commit myself.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Hello. I'm looking to travel on 18 September.  Never cruised Celebrity before so unsure of excursions booking. I really want to go to Giant's Causeway from Belfast and wonder whether anyone is able to advise if there are spaces on this excursion before I commit myself.

Thank you.

The Giant's Causeway
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Duration:6 Hours 30 Minutes

Witness the Giant's Causeway one of nature's most unusual wonders, and take a photo at the…

From*59.09GBP Adult   43.49GBP Child
  • This excursion is fully booked. Check back later or inquire onboard for possible availability.

CHECK ONBOARD

Copied this from my booking.  They may have more availability once on board, but then again, maybe not.  I suppose it will depend on how many requests they get.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:06 AM, Esprit said:

On our 31 July cruise the Chic night was on the second night. Including myself I saw many men in dinner suits, but I wasn’t bothered about percentages. I dress up to compliment my wife’s attire. It would be rude to ignore the fact that she loves dressing up, and not just on chic nights.

We normally dress up on Chic night on X cruises from the UK. We don't on Alaska cruise as we normally add a Rockies tour onto it. We could have our posh clothes pressed when we arrive, but it's a bit of a ' faff ,'.

As a matter of interest would you mind letting me know what excursions look like at the ports in general I travel alone so normally take ship excursions for convenience and safety (missing ship if I fall over or something!). The cruise looks great but I dont want to pay for it and find I cant get on trips! Thank you all.

42 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

As a matter of interest would you mind letting me know what excursions look like at the ports in general I travel alone so normally take ship excursions for convenience and safety (missing ship if I fall over or something!). The cruise looks great but I dont want to pay for it and find I cant get on trips! Thank you all.

Day 3Kirkwall, Scotland 4

North Coastal Drive
North Coastal Drive
Kirkwall, Scotland
Duration:3 Hours

Sit back and enjoy a leisurely drive along Scotland's beautiful northern and southern…

From*53.82GBP Adult   46.02GBP Child
  • This excursion is fully booked. Check back later or inquire onboard for possible availability.
CHECK ONBOARD
Viking Capital Walking Trail
Viking Capital Walking Trail
Kirkwall, Scotland
Duration:3 Hours

Walk Old Town Kirkwall, Firstly, you will stop at the majestic St. Magnus Cathedral,…

From*65.52GBP Adult   32.76GBP Child
CHECK ONBOARD
Panoramic Drive: History and Landmarks of Orkney
Panoramic Drive: History And Landmarks Of Orkney
Kirkwall, Scotland
Duration:2 Horus 30 Minutes

Uncover some of Great Britain's historic highlights on a tour that illuminates a cathedral…

From*49.91GBP Adult   46.79GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Italian Chapel and Mull Head
Italian Chapel And Mull Head
Kirkwall, Scotland
Duration:4 Hours

Drive to Lamb Holm in the beautiful Orkney Islands to see a chapel constructed by Italian…

From*77.22GBP Adult   77.22GBP Child
CHECK ONBOARD

Day 4Inverness / Loch Ness Scotland 4

Cawdor Castle
Cawdor Castle
Inverness/Loch Ness Scotland

Immerse yourself in Scotland’s beautiful countryside and rich medieval history on this…

From*59.27GBP Adult   59.27GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Leisurely Scotland
Leisurely Scotland
Inverness/Lochnessscotland
Duration:8 Hours 15 Minutes

Drive along the wooded banks that hold the mysteries of the Loch Ness Monster.

From*85.02GBP Adult   53.82GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Scottish Highlands Scenic Drive
Scottish Highlands Scenic Drive
Duration:3 Hours 15 Minutes

Meander the romantic coast of the Scottish Highlands before stopping to see the salmon and…

From*46.80GBP Adult   23.40GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Loch Ness Cruise
Loch Ness Cruise
Inverness/Lochnessscotland
Duration:4 Hours 30 Minutes

Try to spot the legendary mythical Loch Ness Monster as you cruise across Scotland’s most…

From*81.90GBP Adult   38.22GBP Child
ADD TO CART

Day 6Liverpool, England 8

Liverpool Walking &  Beatles Tour
Liverpool Walking & Beatles Tour
Liverpool, England
Duration:4 Hours And 30 Minutes

This tour takes you into the fascinating past of England's "Second City", including its…

From*48.35GBP Adult   24.17GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Liverpool Panoramic City Highlights
Liverpool Panoramic City Highlights
Liverpool, England
Duration:3 Hours And 30 Minutes

This tour takes you from the legendary waterfront of Liverpool into the heart of city…

From*51.47GBP Adult   35.87GBP Child
ADD TO CART
In The Steps of The Beatles
In The Steps Of The Beatles
Liverpool, England

Follow in the footsteps of John, Paul, George, and Ringo as you explore their hometown of…

From*62.39GBP Adult   46.79GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Private Journey: Liverpool and Liverpool FC
Private Journey: Liverpool And Liverpool FC
Liverpool, England
Duration:3 Hours 45 Minutes

You aren't a true Liverpool local if you’re not a fan of the legendary football club…

From*1,170.00GBP Adult   1,170.00GBP Child
ADD TO CART

Day 7Belfast, Northern Ireland 12

The Giant's Causeway
The Giant's Causeway
Duration:6 Hours 30 Minutes

Witness the Giant's Causeway one of nature's most unusual wonders, and take a photo at the…

From*59.09GBP Adult   43.49GBP Child
CHECK ONBOARD
Belfast and Crumlin Road Gaol
Belfast And Crumlin Road Gaol

Belfast is a treasure trove of sights. Enjoy a narrated bus tour followed by a visit to…

From*46.02GBP Adult   30.42GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Titanic Trail & City Tour
Titanic Trail & City Tour

No maritime disaster is more revered or remembered than the sinking of the R.M.S. Titanic…

From*85.02GBP Adult   62.39GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Coast and Glens of Antrim
Coast And Glens Of Antrim

Surround yourself with nature's beauty on a scenic drive to Glenariff Forest Park, where…

From*38.99GBP Adult   23.39GBP Child
ADD TO CART

Day 8Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland 4

Stirling Castle
Stirling Castle
Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland

This tour begins with a drive through the heart of Scotland, winds along the River Forth,…

From*62.39GBP Adult   46.79GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Panoramic Scottish Lochs
Panoramic Scottish Lochs
Duration:4 Hours 15 Minutes

Drive along the banks of Great Britain's largest inland loch to experience its rugged…

From*36.65GBP Adult   28.85GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Private Journey: Glasgow and Clydeside Distillery
Private Journey: Glasgow And Clydeside Distillery

See the impressive Victorian architecture and cultural landmarks of Glasgow before…

From*1,150.50GBP Adult   1,150.50GBP Child
ADD TO CART
Loch Lomond Cruise
Loch Lomond Cruise

Voyage across the tranquil, unspoiled Loch Lomond on a delightful boat cruise with optimal…

From*92.04GBP Adult   44.46GBP Child
ADD TO CART

Day 10Southampton, England 2

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Day 4Inverness / Loch Ness Scotland 4

Cawdor Castle
Cawdor Castle

We recently did this excursion. It goes to Cawdor Castle, but NOT to either Inverness or Loch Ness. It took 1 hour to drive there and an hour on the way back. We had 2 hours at the Castle, which I can only describe as similar to NT in England. You were given new hand held audio guides which were developed during lockdown, which were useful, as they helped with social distancing. There was a small cafe there, which we didn’t use, as it was popular and there was nowhere to sit outside when we were there.

BTW, does anyone know the name of the flowers in the last photo?

85463D03-0047-4221-9E77-5B0AACF8333A.jpeg

ADE58EE1-3943-4079-B1FF-4CDA31107EC3.jpeg

3940460D-A287-43FB-B6C7-B8997DE32A0A.jpeg

44DEF12C-F6C5-47AC-899A-18B35DBB60C3.jpeg

ED65B856-3286-45DC-87B3-B50D5F43FDB9.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

28 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:
Panoramic Scottish Lochs

Drive along the banks of Great Britain's large

We also did this excursion.

Before we set off, the guide read out the rules for going on the excursion, which included not mixing with other people.

We went on a ferry over to Dunoon and she told us we could get off, which was crazy, as  drivers and passengers of the other cars on the ferry were also getting out of their cars. We were told to go on to a raised area, but we had to walk past the other passengers, so couldn’t possibly keep to our bubble.

F1E73BE5-CA70-4025-82F7-C4B5922C5514.jpeg

AC1359CA-3308-4057-A3C8-811EC4012DD9.jpeg

2076E1FD-F09A-429B-9981-44EB5CE31240.jpeg

58BEBE07-D7E0-4C06-9D29-A8B7D85521AD.jpeg

1052B941-2758-4003-9108-D8B1B755BF23.jpeg

• Like 1

For information of those about to book for 18 Sept departure:

I have just made my booking and upon requesting my free parking with AB Parking, they responded with 'all spaces taken - sorry'.  Now searching for alternatives (and I'll have to pay!!).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you. Looks like it's a no go for me then.  With the NI rules about excursions only this would be my only option. Bit sad.

It's full on my sailing as well but we booked another celebrity trip. I said to hubby maybe we'll take the ferry over next year and have a long weekend there. I've never been before and because of this cruise I read up a bit about the attractions and think it would make a good trip in its own right 

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We recently did this excursion. It goes to Cawdor Castle, but NOT to either Inverness or Loch Ness. It took 1 hour to drive there and an hour on the way back. We had 2 hours at the Castle, which I can only describe as similar to NT in England. You were given new hand held audio guides which were developed during lockdown, which were useful, as they helped with social distancing. There was a small cafe there, which we didn’t use, as it was popular and there was nowhere to sit outside when we were there.

BTW, does anyone know the name of the flowers in the last photo?

85463D03-0047-4221-9E77-5B0AACF8333A.jpeg

ADE58EE1-3943-4079-B1FF-4CDA31107EC3.jpeg

3940460D-A287-43FB-B6C7-B8997DE32A0A.jpeg

44DEF12C-F6C5-47AC-899A-18B35DBB60C3.jpeg

ED65B856-3286-45DC-87B3-B50D5F43FDB9.jpeg

No way is it an hour from Cawdor castle to Inverness! Half hour tops on a bad day!

4 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you all.  Do Celebrity ever put in extra trips if everything is over subscribed?  Seems very little left in some places,

Keep checking. We wanted to do the Titanic trail on our cruise just ended. Initially we got the message “fully booked”, but a couple of days later there was a selection of times.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Looks like Belfsst might be the last of my problems as it appears everything Kirkwall is full.  Do Celebrity allow you to cancel and change if what you want comes up? I've done this on other lines but I'm very conscious there are lots of restrictions at present so would want something in place even if its a bus tour!

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you. Looks like it's a no go for me then.  With the NI rules about excursions only this would be my only option. Bit sad.

Not the NI rules - it's Celebrity rules which are understandable. NI has the greatest number of deaths and new cases per 100K people and the lowest percentage of the population vaccinated. Despite this, NI is fully open to visitors. Totally understandable why Celebrity won't allow guests to freely mingle and allow curated tours only. Even they don't work all of the time, I have witnessed cruise ship guests mingling with other visitors in the Titanic exhibition.

I agree about mixing which is why I wanted an excursion!  However Celebrity appear to have no spare capacity for the 18 September cruise on most of their excursions and apparently from the information kindly posted above Kirkwall is the same.  Seems there may be insufficient for the amount of guests they are booking and I am not keen to book a cruise where this lack of excursion capacity means staying on board for most of the time.