Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

I checked in online last night using my PC as I find it easier that using the App which I had loaded. However got to the last page after CC details (the health page I recollect) but there was no means to agree/click and complete the process. I found that the App on both our phones had uploaded all the information so I could easily click to the end. Thus I found having the App essential.

It is a nuisance having to use a smart phone onboard. Likewise I like to lock mine away or I am constantly checking the news/Whatsapps or emails. I want to relax!

Hate to think how I will manage with all this IT pallava in 20 years time (if I live). It is getting a lot more complex at 58

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

They have Captain’s Club Happy Hour  menu behind the bars. We asked for one, but it was taken away before I could take a photo of it. 
Apparently there are some premium drinks on it, as one of the perks for Elite and above.

I was told this by Ingrid, the C.C host, last week.

She also told us that the Classic drinks limit was $11! due to UK VAT being added. 

Also problems in the restaurants, as there are no dietary symbols on the menus on the App.

Hello,

I upgraded to 'Premium' and it included drinks up to and including $18 - there was no price or VAT surcharge. Here is the CC Elite bar menu.

Regards,

Cublet

Captains Club Bar Menu.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Hate to think how I will manage with all this IT pallava in 20 years time (if I live). It is getting a lot more complex at 58

Well, I’m glad someone 20 years my junior feels the same as I do.

I think CelebrityCruises spent lockdown changing everything they could to IT.

Trouble is, not always effectively.

We had the timing of one of our excursions changed x2.

I had booked 08.30. Our first set of tickets were issued for 10.00.

The following day, another set of tickets were issued for 14.15, with no explanation. I looked at My Calendar on the app, which showed the 10..00 timing and the excursion lasting 8.5 hours ( it should have been 4 hours). This meant that I had to go to Guest Relations, and ask them to sort it. 
If they want us to use the app, it needs to be accurate.

9 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I checked in online last night using my PC as I find it easier that using the App which I had loaded. However got to the last page after CC details (the health page I recollect) but there was no means to agree/click and complete the process. I found that the App on both our phones had uploaded all the information so I could easily click to the end. Thus I found having the App essential.

It is a nuisance having to use a smart phone onboard. Likewise I like to lock mine away or I am constantly checking the news/Whatsapps or emails. I want to relax!

Health questionnaire activates 24 hours before boarding 

8 hours ago, tmacktravels said:

After a fabulous staycation on the 17th July, just booked another for the 18th September. Looking forward to exploring ares of the ship that I didn't get to the first time 🤣

Ah, you had the 'good weather' cruise then 😄.  We followed you on 23rd July with the tail end of the heatwave, and also booked another because we enjoyed it so much 👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Did anyone on the U.K. staycations get a move up invitation?

I have tried to access it via the web but it keeps saying “within 30 days of cruise” when we are well below that.

We just got an email today, we are sailing 28th August.  I noticed it was in my cruise planner yesterday for the first time 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tmacktravels said:

After a fabulous staycation on the 17th July, just booked another for the 18th September. Looking forward to exploring ares of the ship that I didn't get to the first time 🤣

We were on the 9th July and did the same, enjoyed it so much we booked the 18th September too. It would be wonderful if we had good weather for it too, but it will be nice to have extra ports of call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Not quite sure what was going on in Belfast yesterday, this on local BBC radio, listen from 6mins 30 secs https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ytrt

Those on Celebrity tours were allowed off but the rest were not for some unknown reason.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/barring-belfast-cruise-ship-passengers-precautionary-says-public-health-agency-40765742.html

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Not quite sure what was going on in Belfast yesterday, this on local BBC radio, listen from 6mins 30 secs https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ytrt

I read somewhere on this site, roll call for the 14th maybe , that only celebrity tours pax were allowed off in Belfast , apparently because of rising cases in NI

Edited by sgmn

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

It seems strange considering the city was awash with Chelsea and Villarreal fans for the UEFA Super Cup last week and is fully open to tourists. 

39 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I read somewhere on this site, roll call for the 14th maybe , that only celebrity tours pax were allowed off in Belfast , apparently because of rising cases in NI

Pleased we have booked excursion for Belfast on upcoming 4th Sept cruise, fingers crossed nothing else changes.

20 minutes ago, woodards said:

Any one had a CELEBRITY MOVEUP offer on a staycation cruise?

Not received anything and get an error when I try and access via direct link.

15 days from sailing.

Had an email 8th August for 28th sailing. Asking for bids on all suites. Already in Sky and I found this strange as there hasn’t been any availability Suites for a few months. 
It is normally 21 days ahead of cruise.

2 hours ago, woodards said:

Any one had a CELEBRITY MOVEUP offer on a staycation cruise?

Not received anything and get an error when I try and access via direct link.

15 days from sailing.

We had a move up offer on our 23Jul2021 staycation cruise. Minimum bid from Concierge for a Sky suite was £500pp. I didn't go for it as I always think the move may be in a worse position on the ship or under the pool/gym, which would be my worst nightmare.