Social Distancing in RWFs

bdever

Even with capacity limits, how do you think this is going to be accomplished? 
Will passengers reserve pool/jacuzzi time?

What about the Havana Experience on Vista, Horizon and Mardi Gras? 

27C0459B-7BC1-4F26-B656-DA3BD60BFE08.jpeg

Maybe there will be a time limit, like 20 minutes.  And/or sign up times so one group goes in, 20 minutes later they exit and another goes in. Personally I just get a quick rinse off in the outdoor shower to cool down when I'm sunning.  Like all the other rules, I bet this will be modified as things ease up.

• Like 2

You have a much better chance of actually be able to enjoy a hot tub if you have access to the Havana area on the Vista class ships. Seems to me that the usual suspects treat the hot tubs as their personal bar stool and they will get up when they're good and ready. I very rarely even use the plunge pools and have never seen an empty hot tub on a cruise.

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

The only vision that came to me from this is some fat hairy dude, almost drunk, that is getting out because he peed in it.

Or 10 unruly children having a pee contest in it. 

• Haha 1

Maybe a crew member will stand there and give people in each family/traveling group 30 minutes.  I guess crew members will have to stand by the pools to make sure people keep their distance.  Hot tubs and pools lost their appeal to me after noticing people drinking and not getting out for a long time.  Ugh. We have a pool at home, so I will stick to ours.

The chairs outside should be easy for distancing and the same with tables inside.  With reduced capacity, there should be a lot less issues with being able to keep people at a distance.  Maybe by fall the "social distancing" will go away for everyone.  I wish my cruise was in November and not August.

• Like 1

I truly believe that some drastic measures will be examined and/or enacted. This is a real safety factor in the works. Maybe even closing off all activities if passengers can't or wont follow the rules. Sometimes we need to be redirected and made believers as adults. Wouldn't surprise me if these areas are deemed "off limits" until further notice. Still much work to do to ensure our Safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

I truly believe that some drastic measures will be examined and/or enacted. This is a real safety factor in the works. Maybe even closing off all activities if passengers can't or wont follow the rules. Sometimes we need to be redirected and made believers as adults. Wouldn't surprise me if these areas are deemed "off limits" until further notice. Still much work to do to ensure our Safety.

Get the vaccine and problem solved.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

If that's the case, why would anyone even want to go on a cruise?  As much as we enjoy cruising, with a whole bunch of restrictions, it wouldn't be the same nor worth the money.  We'll wait until cruising gets back to the way it use to be before we shell out a good chunk of money to only get half of what we use to get.  I guess that's the adult in me.  I can wait.