Balcony hot tub, ever sailed in that suite?

MogeyMan

58 minutes ago, MogeyMan said:

Thinking about trying one, but apprehensive. I know it's Pinnacle, but would love it if it gets hot and relaxing. 

I was in a stateroom under a Pinnacle Suite balcony hot tub.  Lots of giggling could be heard at all hours.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-staterooms/IMG_2193.jpg

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-staterooms/IMG_2194.jpg

Edited by Crew News
  • Haha 1

I have and it makes for a nice trip. As far as hot enough, that would be relative. We did use the hot tub quite a bit, but the deck was used, mainly, by my smoking (ugh) mother back when that was allowed. 

Curious @POA1 why you say you should entertain to get the most out of it?

Our enjoyment was having dinner served at the dining room in the evenings and having that coffeepot in the butler's pantry for the morning. (Does HAL still have butlers?) The final pleasure was having our cocktails from Baccarat crystal,  which was there for our in cabin use from the suite bar. 

We spent most of our time in the suite rather than out and about the ship though. My experience was about 20 years ago and I didn't know CC existed then, so I didn't didn't have any online relationships. 

Edited by seaoma
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, seaoma said:

I have and it makes for a nice trip. As far as hot enough, that would be relative. We did use the hot tub quite a bit, but the deck was used, mainly, by my smoking (ugh) mother back when that was allowed. 

Curious @POA1 why you say you should entertain to get the most out of it?

Our enjoyment was having dinner served at the dining room in the evenings and having that coffeepot in the butler's pantry for the morning. (Does HAL still have butlers?) The final pleasure was having our cocktails from Baccarat crystal,  which was there for our in cabin use from the suite bar. 

We spent most of our time in the suite rather than out and about the ship though. My experience was about 20 years ago and I didn't know CC existed then, so I didn't didn't have any online relationships. 

You'll have an enormous balcony and a full size dining room. We were traveling with 2 other couples and we got a lot of use out of the balcony and we dined en suite a few times. They used to serve you course by course if you were dining in the room. I don't know if they still do that, but we had two servers and pre ordered off the regular MDR menu.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kangforpres said:

If I'm not mistaken I think there is also an interior hot tub/jetted tub in the bathroom of a Pinnacle suite.

Yes. Also a bath and a half bath. The shower was jetted as well.

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

They used to serve you course by course if you were dining in the room.

That's what we had too. It was my most favorite part of having that suite. 

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

We were traveling with 2 other couples

Ah, now I understand. It would be very fun to entertain friends.

42 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

I have been a guest of the occupants of a Pinnacle Suite for a sailaway and cocktails. Got the tour, of course.  Very impressive, but I am content with whatever suite I have.

We have never sailed in a suite like that again. It was very nice, but I would rather cruise more often than that cruise fare would allow. We try to cruise 3-4 times a year. 

• Like 2

Ever since we first sailed in a PS, we haven't sailed in anything else!  Yes, on the ships that have the balcony hot tub, it gets just as hot as any jetted tub (and it's really enjoyable to sit in a private spa and watch the sea cruise by).  And I also agree that it's great to share the PS experience with others--we typically host a CruiseCritic wine tasting party in our suite one afternoon which has always proven to be a great time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

Ever since we first sailed in a PS, we haven't sailed in anything else!  Yes, on the ships that have the balcony hot tub, it gets just as hot as any jetted tub (and it's really enjoyable to sit in a private spa and watch the sea cruise by).  And I also agree that it's great to share the PS experience with others--we typically host a CruiseCritic wine tasting party in our suite one afternoon which has always proven to be a great time.

For the wine tasting party... do you plan it out before the cruise and ask each guest to bring a wine they enjoy for others to sample?

20 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

For the wine tasting party... do you plan it out before the cruise and ask each guest to bring a wine they enjoy for others to sample?

Yes, that's exactly how we've done it--pick a sea day that is coordinated in advance with the roll call just like any other CruiseCritic meet-and-greets.  Everyone brings a bottle, either a personal favorite or a local gem, and they all get opened for sharing.  HAL provides wine glasses and light snacks.  It's always been a nice mixer, and of course one bonus is that many folks who've never seen the inside of a PS except in pictures online get to tour one first-hand.

34 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

Yes, that's exactly how we've done it--pick a sea day that is coordinated in advance with the roll call just like any other CruiseCritic meet-and-greets.  Everyone brings a bottle, either a personal favorite or a local gem, and they all get opened for sharing.  HAL provides wine glasses and light snacks.  It's always been a nice mixer, and of course one bonus is that many folks who've never seen the inside of a PS except in pictures online get to tour one first-hand.

Thanks for replying. I have a PS booked for a cruise next summer and I may borrow this idea.  It sounds like a great time.

21 hours ago, iceman93 said:

Wine tastings are always fun.  We don’t always have a PS but whether we do or not, as long as it’s an NS, we’ve done the same.  But it’s always nicer and roomier in a PS 😉 

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, Crew News said:

I was in a stateroom under a Pinnacle Suite balcony hot tub.  Lots of giggling could be heard at all hours.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-staterooms/IMG_2193.jpg

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-staterooms/IMG_2194.jpg

Love seeing these pictures. We will be in that suite next May to Alaska. We will be with our kids, grandkids and great grandkids. So excited to share this experience with all of them. 
will we be able to have appetizers delivered for that many ? 

29 minutes ago, vino100 said:

Love seeing these pictures. We will be in that suite next May to Alaska. We will be with our kids, grandkids and great grandkids. So excited to share this experience with all of them. 
will we be able to have appetizers delivered for that many ? 

Yes.  If not enough, just walk a few feet to the Neptune Lounge and fill up a few plates of more snacks.

Be aware that there is an appetizer menu from which you can choose what appeals to your visitors.  Chicken wings are not on that list but the kitchen will be glad to make them for you.

I will be in Alaska on April 27 so should have MDR menus posted a few days after I return.  One more photo of the PS:

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-staterooms/IMG_2191.jpg