Princess Not Doing Test Cruises

Syracusefan44

Watching a Princess webinar now and it was announced that there will not being any test cruises since they are going out with fully vaccinated crew & passengers (there will be limited exceptions for religious or medical

reasons in compliance with the CDC mandates). They made this decision based on their demographics and the fact that the majority of past passengers will be vaccinated.

It also sounds like they are going to use the new Health Status feature on the app to upload your COVID19 vaccine information.

The representatives from Princess, Holland America, and Seabourne also stated that if a cruise is visiting a port of call requiring visitors to be vaccinated then all passengers must be vaccinated.

Basically the law passed by DeSantis is irrelevant because unvaccinated passengers will not be allowed onboard if one of the ports of call require COVID19 vaccines. 

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Watching a Princess webinar now and it was announced that there will not being any test cruises since they are going out with fully vaccinated crew & passengers (there will be limited exceptions for religious or medical

reasons in compliance with the CDC mandates). They made this decision based on their demographics and the fact that the majority of past passengers will be vaccinated.

It also sounds like they are going to use the new Health Status feature on the app to upload your COVID19 vaccine information.

The representatives from Princess, Holland America, and Seabourne also stated that if a cruise is visiting a port of call requiring visitors to be vaccinated then all passengers must be vaccinated.

Basically the law passed by DeSantis is irrelevant because unvaccinated passengers will not be allowed onboard if one of the ports of call require COVID19 vaccines. 

YEAAAAAHHHHHH!  All for everyone having the vaccines onboard...means no masks then.

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Just for the Alaska sailings this year, or for all?

Based upon what was said it seemed that based on the Princess “demographics” they have decided to do it for all sailings.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Based upon what was said it seemed that based on the Princess “demographics” they have decided to do it for all sailings.  

This is VERY good news for my family! Do you have a link, I don't know what nothin' about no webinar. 🤔

The only info I could find on duckduck for Princess webinar was a link to facebook, to which I do not subscribe. I was hoping that good news (IMHO) would pop up elsewhere, but perhaps it is to early.

Edited by PaperSniper4

For Princess there will be unvaccinated individuals on board.  Children under 12,

medical and religious reasons.   Children can (could) be booked online.   Definitely capacity controlled.   Holland and Seabourn are 100% vaccinated.

if you attempt to book an Alaskan cruise, enter the child’s name and it comes up unavailable, means capacity has been reached.   We had the issue when booking but did find a sailing that had not reached capacity.  Princess is also maintaining a waitlist for those unable to obtain a booking with children.  

I hope this is a bonified story, as I will NOT be sailing on any non-vaccinated cruise for the forseeable future. The thought of having un-vaccinated passenger restrictions & protocols onboard is a HUGE deal breaker

fingers crossed... 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, kiwimum said:

This is the link to the webinar held this morning.   Forward to around 14 minutes for the discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/videos/204644091382978/

This could all change when the CDC comes out with their final guidelines on sailing.

I watched the webinar yesterday and from what I saw, currently Princess is requiring vaccines only on Alaska cruises.  At about 10 minutes in, they answer the question "Are guests required to be fully vaccinated?" and basically Princess says yes for Alaska, wait and see for the rest.  

12 hours ago, kiwimum said:

This is the link to the webinar held this morning.   Forward to around 14 minutes for the discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales/videos/204644091382978/

This could all change when the CDC comes out with their final guidelines on sailing.

Does anyone have a source other than facebook for those who do not use that media?

And has anyone heard anything about Carnival following suite? I understand there will not be 100% vaccinated crew and passengers on board, but 95% would be much better than the 40-50% that I had been apprehensively expecting.

Doug

Just now, pompeii said:

I watched the webinar yesterday and from what I saw, currently Princess is requiring vaccines only on Alaska cruises.  At about 10 minutes in, they answer the question "Are guests required to be fully vaccinated?" and basically Princess says yes for Alaska, wait and see for the rest.  

Dang' it....That's why I prefer to get non-facebook <etc> links to such information......... 😟

I'm sure there will be lots of changes before this fall.....hopefully all in a positive direction. From what I have recently read here, most cruisers would prefer that fellow passengers and crew be vaccinated.  I take that to mean that the cruise ship market wants to move in the direction of more vaccinations for both crew and passengers. I know there will always be some exceptions, and I can live with 5-10% not being vaccinated for those. I would very much like not to be required to wear a mask nearly every where onboard, and I am more than willing to determine for myself where and when I will wear one.

Disclosure: My family has chosen to be vaccinated. We have no young children among us. We also have no one who would cruise without the jabs for any other reason. So our wants and needs may be different from yours.....but apparently by far the majority of cruisers agree with me, which is why I THINK the cruise lines will eventually require vaccines as a general rule. 😎

• Like 11

19 hours ago, pompeii said:

The "Seacations" that Princess is selling in the UK requires 100% of passengers to be vaccinated., no exceptions.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pompeii said:

Obviously they were referring to cruise from US ports. CDC 

19 minutes ago, dog said:

Is it your interpretation all Princess departures from all US ports would require vaccinations? I don't understand what you meant....IMO that would be great, since we are booked on USA departures with Alaska (via Canada) not on the itinerary.

I suspect that by the time my family cruises, there will be many, many changes to virus related rules, regulations and restrictions; all of which hopefully will return us to the near "normal" of the 2018 cruising experience.😎

Doug

50 minutes ago, dog said:

27 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Is it your interpretation all Princess departures from all US ports would require vaccinations? I don't understand what you meant....IMO that would be great, since we are booked on USA departures with Alaska (via Canada) not on the itinerary.

Princess clearly said fully vaxxed for 2021 Alaska cruises only at this time.  He went on to say wait and see for "California or Florida or elsewhere."  Holland and Seabourne both said ALL their 2021 departures will require passengers to be fully vaccinated, no matter where they depart.  The Princess guy was clearly surprised to find out that they did not have the same policy as Princess.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

Princess clearly said fully vaxxed for 2021 Alaska cruises only at this time.  He went on to say wait and see for "California or Florida or elsewhere."  Holland and Seabourne both said ALL their 2021 departures will require passengers to be fully vaccinated, no matter where they depart.  The Princess guy was clearly surprised to find out that they did not have the same policy as Princess.

Proves that each brand is truly run separately. Even Princess and HAL which are both under Jan.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Proves that each brand is truly run separately. Even Princess and HAL which are both under Jan.

And now Royal Caribbean has caved under DeSantis and is not requiring or even asking about vaccinations.  Thoughts?  Do you think Princess will follow suit?

Judy from SW Florida

In the video, while the Princess rep didn’t say that beyond this Summer’s Alaska cruises which will require vaccination, that all future Princess Cruises would require vaccination.  As someone else mentioned above, he was surprised that Holland American and Seaborne will require vaccinations.  However—he did say that Princess isn’t planning any “test cruises”.  That implies something.  CDC says you have to do “test cruises” if you are planning on having mixed vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers on board.  If you don’t do “test cruises” it implies that you are going to require 95% of passengers to be vaccinated as specified by the CDC.  So it was kind of “speaks with forked tongue” as on one side he didn’t say all vaccinated, but he did also say no test cruises.  Go figure!

Norm

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

And now Royal Caribbean has caved under DeSantis and is not requiring or even asking about vaccinations.  Thoughts?  Do you think Princess will follow suit?

Judy from SW Florida

As nreeder points out, that would require test cruises.

But beyond that, if they do not have 95% of passengers and crew vaccinated, there will be CDC imposed rules on mask wearing, social distancing, testing requited, etc.

So I do not think Princess will follow.

There have certainly been a number of posts on this forum by posters saying things such as will not cruise on a ship with many unvaccinated passengers, will not sail on a ship where mask wearing is required much of the time, etc.

A ship with at least 95% of vaccinated people will have very few rules on mask wearing and social distancing.

29 minutes ago, nreeder said:

CDC says you have to do “test cruises” if you are planning on having mixed vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers on board.  If you don’t do “test cruises” it implies that you are going to require 95% of passengers to be vaccinated as specified by the CDC.  So it was kind of “speaks with forked tongue” as on one side he didn’t say all vaccinated, but he did also say no test cruises.  Go figure!

I think the CDC rules that require the test cruises are for the current no sail order that is scheduled to expire November 1.

We have no idea what the CDC will require, if anything, for cruises after November 1.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, Syracusefan44 said:

DeSantis didn't "pass" the law - the FL legislature did - and it's not "irrelevant." It's the LAW unless a court invalidates it. If Princess wants to ignore it, that's a $5,000 fine times the number of paxs on each sailing requiring vaccine verification out of FL.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ChutChut said:

DeSantis didn't "pass" the law - the FL legislature did - and it's not "irrelevant." It's the LAW unless a court invalidates it. If Princess wants to ignore it, that's a $5,000 fine times the number of paxs on each sailing requiring vaccine verification out of FL.

I wonder what the CDC penalty is for sailing without verifying 95% of the passengers have been fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Princess can ignore it by skipping Florida and sailing Alaska, Washington, California, Hawaii, and Mexico. There is another ocean. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1