Celebrity Switching Millennium for Summit on Alaska Cruises 2021

itzfitz

A few minutes ago I received an express notification e-mail from Celebrity.  We had booked one of the September cruises, and now the ship has been switched.  Instead of the Summit we will be on the Millennium.  Hopefully you have already received your e-mail.

I have not received anything from Celebrity.  My upcoming cruise page says I will receive a refund and cruise credit.  I'm hoping you're right and this is just a blip.  I'll keep you posted.

16 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

I just went on line to view my upcoming Alaska cruise on Summit, August 27 and in my "upcoming cruise" page, it said it was cancelled!  Anyone else experience this?

No they did not, they switched ships.

26 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

I just went on line to view my upcoming Alaska cruise on Summit, August 27 and in my "upcoming cruise" page, it said it was cancelled!  Anyone else experience this?

I'm on the same cruise as you, and it is still showing for me.  I also received the email about the ship switch.  Weird.

Mine has been cancelled.  I'm surprised as they said they would transfer the bookings over the next few weeks.  Only shows up as cancelled on computer.  Mobile log-in and app both show active booking.  Very strange.

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 5.43.27 PM.png

I just called Celebrity and because I booked through a travel agent she wouldn't give me ANY information! I have reached out via email to him but have yet to hear back.  I'm hoping that because I didn't book directly through Celebrity that is why I haven't heard anything.

2 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

I just called Celebrity and because I booked through a travel agent she wouldn't give me ANY information! I have reached out via email to him but have yet to hear back.  I'm hoping that because I didn't book directly through Celebrity that is why I haven't heard anything.

I’m glad I always book direct with celebrity. 

• Like 3

The explanation is in the law that saved the Alaska cruise season.  It only applies to a named list of ships.  Millennium is on the list.  Summit is not.  Why Celebrity didn't announce this ship change earlier is the big question, but maybe they were hoping to get a 'nunc pro tunc' change to the law and finally realized that everybody in Washington has declared victory and moved on.

• Like 4

Sorry for the alarmist topic headline.  I just received confirmation from my TA that all is ok.  We are now being booked on the Millennium for our Alaska cruise August 27, 2021.  Whew!

better check again, the impasse between the state of florida and the cdc over the cruise  lines requiring proof of vac. also will impact the cruises out of alaska because they are tied together..This was just announced on the tampa news this morning at 8 a.m. Might be a good idea to stay tuned to how this impasse turns out. The news channel had some attorney voice his opinion that a  federal judge would probably end up hearing the case as the mediators could not settle the issue during the last three days ...A big thank you to the gov of florida for prompting this mess....If this is not settled  it will cost alaska and florida billions of $'s not to mention thousands of unhappy cruisers. We will work hard to get this idiot out of office in the next election.

• Like 4

Interesting. We almost booked a cruise to Alaska for August. I found a list of ships docking at the ports and it listed the Millie but not the Summit. I just assumed that the Millie had originally been scheduled to do the cruises. NCL may be doing this as the Bliss is not listed but the Encore is. All of this is such a mess. One more reason as to why we have decided to hold off on booking anything. We were also looking at the Edge but with the battle currently going on with the state of Florida we also took a pass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The explanation is in the law that saved the Alaska cruise season.  It only applies to a named list of ships.  Millennium is on the list.  Summit is not.  Why Celebrity didn't announce this ship change earlier is the big question, but maybe they were hoping to get a 'nunc pro tunc' change to the law and finally realized that everybody in Washington has declared victory and moved on.

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Especially because those two ships are about as identical as any two ships can be. 

I talked to my EXCELLENT TA yesterday afternoon.  Yes, Canada is apparently shut down for at least the rest of the year due to Covid for embarkation/debarkation.  However she reported that Celebrity has just been given a temporary exemption to compliance with the Passenger Services Act by the U.S. government and therefore all cruises embarking in Vancouver B.C (and I assume other Canadian ports) will be switched to Seattle (or other appropriate U.S. port).

• Like 1