Celebrity Switching Millennium for Summit on Alaska Cruises 2021

itzfitz

I believe it has to do with where Celebrity's head office is - as it is Miami and the state of FL will not allow them to ask for proof of vacination but the CDC says they can only sail with fully vacinated people...  and as Head quarters is FL even though the ship sails out of Seattle they would be stopped from asking for proof of vacination...

Personnaly I want to sail on a fully vacinated ship....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BCHappyGal said:

I believe it has to do with where Celebrity's head office is - as it is Miami and the state of FL will not allow them to ask for proof of vacination but the CDC says they can only sail with fully vacinated people...  and as Head quarters is FL even though the ship sails out of Seattle they would be stopped from asking for proof of vacination...

Personnaly I want to sail on a fully vacinated ship....

Nothing to do with that. 

The provision that is allowing the Alaska cruises to sail hinges on specific ships having approval under the Conditional Sail Order. This is also why Millennium and Summit were swapped. Somehow/someway, they included the wrong ship within the content of the law. 

If Florida would get its way with entirely terminating the CSO, the Alaska ships could not sail because there would be no CSO approval which is in part why the are being allowed to sail Alaska cruises without stopping in Canada.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stuckintexas said:

I am booked on the July 23 Summit sailing.  I just looked at my online booking and it still says Summit and the booking does not say cancelled......I booked thru the Blue Chip Club, so I will be calling them later.

The email notification says it will take a few weeks to update all the impacted reservations and reassign cabins.

4 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Nothing to do with that. 

The provision that is allowing the Alaska cruises to sail hinges on specific ships having approval under the Conditional Sail Order. This is also why Millennium and Summit were swapped. Somehow/someway, they included the wrong ship within the content of the law. 

If Florida would get its way with entirely terminating the CSO, the Alaska ships could not sail because there would be no CSO approval which is in part why the are being allowed to sail Alaska cruises without stopping in Canada.

Maybe it's time for Alaskan governor Mike Dunleavy to have a little chat with DeSantis.

• Like 2

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Celebrity Switching Millennium for Summit on Alaska Cruises 2021

My July 24th cruise from St. Maarten is also showing as cancelled. 

VOYAGE CANCELED

Celebrity Millennium 

Jul 24 — Jul 31, 2021

7 Night Bvi, St. Lucia & Barbados Cruise

PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN 

TORTOLA, B.V.I. 

CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA 

BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS

I received the e-mail, they are switching to the Summit with St. Lucia out and St. Kitts in.  That is a bummer for me, as we have been to St. Kitts numerous times but St. Lucia only once.  Oh well, glad they kept Barbados.  We shall see. 

If the law only permits certain ships, the list of ships probably came from the cruise lines and not from the lawmakers.    It does seem shortsighted to switch the ships rather than amend the law if the ships are nearly identical.   However, if they are not identical, there may not be enough time to amend the law.  Having cruised on both ships, I don't remember any difference that stood out.  Based on the Cruise Critic profile of both ships, the passenger size is identical, but the Summit carries a smaller crew.   So, if that information is accurate, there is at least one thing that stands out.   

I'm on 7/31 Caribbean (Millennium) and it's now showing as cancelled.  The app still has it, but if I look at my check in it says "check in has checked out".  I'll wait.

Seems to me it would be simpler for them to repaint the hulls (that's a joke folks).

• Haha 1

As of yesterday, you can go online and book the Millennium in Alaska, starting with July 23, 2021 sailing.  My reservation on the Summit, as others above, was marked Cancelled, as it should be on the Summit.  I'm now on the Millennium.  What I did not like was that I was able to do a mock reservation for the room I had already paid for on the Summit.  You would think Celebrity would move us straight across - but no - my room was available for anyone to book, as my Celebrity Team member had not made the change yet.  He is off work until Sunday.  My room may not be available come Sunday since it's up for sale on their site.  I spoke with Revenue and my reservation now shows me in my room on the Millennium.  Let's go cruising!  I too love that I book direct with Celebrity (no middle man to wait on).

11 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I'm on 7/31 Caribbean (Millennium) and it's now showing as cancelled.  The app still has it, but if I look at my check in it says "check in has checked out".  I'll wait.

Seems to me it would be simpler for them to repaint the hulls (that's a joke folks).

There is an old superstition that it's unlucky to rename a ship  😉