Emerald Princess murderer sentenced

caribill

At last! I did wonder when he would finally get sentenced. I often wonder about that Dolphin deck cabin and all the subsequent quests that have stayed in it since unbeknown to them what had occurred.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

At last! I did wonder when he would finally get sentenced. I often wonder about that Dolphin deck cabin and all the subsequent quests that have stayed in it since unbeknown to them what had occurred.  

A proper sentence from our American friends.

It is not like they can take the cabin out of service is it? 

Edited by ace2542

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Out of curiosity, what was the cabin number? Does anybody know?

I am glad to learn that justice has finally been done.  But, I also wonder:  how can "so much love" when one gets married be replaced by "so much hate" that one would murder your spouse?  

I feel much sympathy of the couples children.  The man's act upon his wife was most selfish.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ace2542 said:

A proper sentence from our American friends.

I don't see why they couldn't. Nothing could be simpler. Just program that cabin to permanently unavailable. Not saying that they should, and not saying that I think it's likely that they would. Just saying that of course they could.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't see why they couldn't. Nothing could be simpler. Just program that cabin to permanently unavailable. Not saying that they should, and not saying that I think it's likely that they would. Just saying that of course they could.

It will cost them a lot of money though. Odds are most people would not know what happened or have any reason to think it happened in that room

• Like 3

Just now, ace2542 said:

It will cost them a lot of money though. Odds are most people would not know what happened or have any reason to think it happened in that room

I agree. As I said, only saying that it's certainly possible.

56 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I agree. As I said, only saying that it's certainly possible.

I believe that room 420-something at the Beverly Hilton was either renumbered, or removed from inventory after Whitney Houston died in there.  

So what Princess does is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

The room could be held for guest entertainers.

The story I read yesterday noted her stating she wanted a divorce is what lead to his unjustifiable action.  In the middle of a cruise seems like an odd time to tell someone you want a divorce but apparently he had been acting less than gentlemanly  leading up to the event..

• Like 1

We were on this cruise, and it happened on our wedding anniversary!  We missed our glacier sailing day because of it.  I'm glad to see that this was finally resolved after all these years.

Based purely on statistic's I'll wager there's many, many cabins onboard every cruise ship around the world where people have passed away during their cruise from natural causes. Granted the Emerald case involved murder, but realistically speaking a persons passing in a cabin still amounts to somebodies dead body once occupied that space, and I'm pretty sure the information regarding which are the death cabins is not something that cruise lines are likely to share. 

Bet you won't find any of that info in any cruise brochure that's for sure 🙂

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 8:30 PM, srpilo said:

Based purely on statistic's I'll wager there's many, many cabins onboard every cruise ship around the world where people have passed away during their cruise from natural causes. Granted the Emerald case involved murder, but realistically speaking a persons passing in a cabin still amounts to somebodies dead body once occupied that space, and I'm pretty sure the information regarding which are the death cabins is not something that cruise lines are likely to share. 

Also many hotel rooms houses and apartments. Someone probably has died in any given restaurant too. But most definitely someone probably died in a hospital bed that gets used the very next day and in perpetuity. 

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Kenneth Manzanares, 43, was found unresponsive in his cell at the Lemon Creek Correctional Center in Juneau around 7 a.m. Wednesday and could not be revived, the Alaska Department of Corrections said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-sentenced-30-years-cruise-ship-killing-dies-alaska-prison-n1274265

Thanks for the update.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 2:01 AM, Esprit said:

We cruised on this ship a few weeks after the unfortunate event. Not only was the cabin occupied, there was a ‘happy birthday’ sign on the door.