Process Details for the Celebrity Millennium Sint Maarten Sailings

Seany527

4 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

If they are that close together next week we will either not eat there or ask for a table in another part of the room. It maybe more difficult for the waiters to have tables scattered further afield but it is important to have social distancing even now.

I am one of those people who has had both shots but with my immunosuppressant meds my vaccine efficacy is reduced to about 80%. So I am still very cautious.

Honestly, with those issues, and your extra cautiousness, why book a cruise right from the get go?  Not knowing protocols, etc..you can't expect them to cater to you, or maybe you do.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

Hi, 

Do you know if solo travelers are seated alone in the dining room? I am taking the July 10 cruise as a solo passenger. I selected second seating. I like meeting fellow passengers during dinner, but I realize that new safety standards are in place.

Thanks,

Chuck

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

Yes twice a day. No change to cabin service at all. 

Even if I had the opportunity to step out of the excursion, there would be no place for me to go because the shops are closed and I would stick out like a sore thumb as the only people on the pier were port workers and those on the excursion. 

Thanks for updating us and answering our questions, Seany527!

Going through the protocols on the ship in my mind, it seems to be a mix of things that didn't change and things that changed a lot.  It doesn't necessarily seem bad, and obviously someone thought it was all necessary, but it does seem like a change from cruising as it was.

It's good that you noted the cabin service.  I had been wondering about that throughout the pandemic.  Hotels on land have mostly cut room cleanings, except by request, though they're probably starting to bring them back these days.

It's a little disappointing to hear that Barbados isn't even opening their terminal shops to passengers.  They have the right and obligation to protect their citizens as they see fit, of course, but vaccinated passengers just aren't much of a COVID risk, and the individual shop owners and their employees should be free (IMHO) to decide whether to take on what risk is there.

Sorry.  I've gone on too long.  Carry on.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It's a little disappointing to hear that Barbados isn't even opening their terminal shops to passengers.  They have the right and obligation to protect their citizens as they see fit, of course, but vaccinated passengers just aren't much of a COVID risk, and the individual shop owners and their employees should be free (IMHO) to decide whether to take on what risk is there.

Agree, you have to feel bad for the shop owners who can't open...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

The bolded part is all that needs to be considered. If the vaccination rates amongst the Barbadians is still low, then just opening the shops will expose them to each other, putting them at risk. And then they take it home and spread it more.  Believe it or not, there are governments  out there that put public health over profit. You can't spend wealth if you're dead.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mom says said:

The bolded part is all that needs to be considered. If the vaccination rates amongst the Barbadians is still low, then just opening the shops will expose them to each other, putting them at risk. And then they take it home and spread it more.  Believe it or not, there are governments  out there that put public health over profit. You can't spend wealth if you're dead.

This is the point.  Not protecting the shop personnel from the vaccinated crew and passengers, but from each other!

We have to find a way to get the port residents vaccinated, to protect them from each other so that they can "serve" us.  Each week/month, things will improve, I expect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who are still a little skittish about the whole social distancing thing in the dining room, etc. right now, don't even think about going to any themeparks right now.  This was Universal Orlando this morning shortly after opening.

197692310_1695904873926589_7231653844078250825_n.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Do you know if solo travelers are seated alone in the dining room? I am taking the July 10 cruise as a solo passenger. I selected second seating. I like meeting fellow passengers during dinner, but I realize that new safety standards are in place.

Thanks,

Chuck

Someone else who is onboard reported that travelers are not being seated with people not traveling with them.  However, she stated that she had met other travelers onboard, and when they all requested, they were seated together.  

Hi, 

Thanks,

Chuck

Someone on this sailing posted they weren't mixing parties at pre-assigned tables but if for example you met people on board that you wanted to dine with that they would reassign you at your request.

6 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Tables are as normal. No spacing. I don’t know the minimums though. 

They said it would not be open until the first sea day, but it was opened when I passed through at 10pm. They were handing out $5 in free play but the system was down so if you wanted to redeem it, you needed to return the next day. 

No one is watching the elevators but from what I’m seeing, most people are not using them. The ship is relatively small so most people don’t mind walking. I think if the ship was larger it would be a different story. 

Thanks for all of the information. How are they handling the Martini Bar?

Hi, 

Thanks,

Chuck

When I had breakfast in the dining room, solo travelers were seated alone. I didn’t notice at dinner. 

For those worried about seating in the dining room, I didn’t state a preference that I wanted to be seated away from others. I sat where they sat me. I’m sure if you asked for a more private seat with more space, the crew would do that for you. They have all been extremely accommodating thus far. Similarly, for those who are traveling solo or for those who want to be seated with other parties, Celebrity would most likely accommodate whatever you ask for. 
The social distancing measures have been very relaxed, but I still feel safe. I was worried the cruise would be lax about the policies but it’s really all been ok and it feels normal and it feels good. 
For those who are concerned or worried about social distancing and masks, I think this cruise would do wonders for your mental health. It has for mine. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

If they are that close together next week we will either not eat there or ask for a table in another part of the room. It maybe more difficult for the waiters to have tables scattered further afield but it is important to have social distancing even now.

I am one of those people who has had both shots but with my immunosuppressant meds my vaccine efficacy is reduced to about 80%. So I am still very cautious.

Can you let us know how you make out with this when you sail next week?

7 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Wondering why crew need to wear masks if they are all 100% vaccinated.  Seems like an unnecessary annoyance for them without a scientific reason to back it up.  Also wondering why fully vaccinated people still need to provide a negative PCR test before boarding.  I understand there is still a small chance you may be positive, but the inconvenience and cost also doesn't seem backed by the science.  I know St. Maarten requires one, but I hope this does not continue to be a requirement for everyone once cruises are able to sail from US ports. 

This. 

• Like 2

Thank you for taking us with you on this cruise!!  It is very much appreciated!  Do you know how they are handling seating at the different bars?  Can you sit at the bar and chat with the bartenders?

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

Seany, is the coffee from Al Baccio included with your cruisefare? I thought it was part of the AI package but another blogger said this wasn't the case. 

Coffees from Bacio have always been included in the classic and higher beverage packages. I have enjoyed many lattes, macchiatos, and teas from there over the years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Coffees from Bacio have always been included in the classic and higher beverage packages. I have enjoyed many lattes, macchiatos, and teas from there over the years. 

Yes but another blogger who is on this cruise said they were charged for their cappuccino. 

2 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Yes but another blogger who is on this cruise said they were charged for their cappuccino. 

How odd, I wonder if they were given a free or discounted rate that did not include the classic package, which would have included the specialty coffees.?

• Like 1

Celebrity's website, under the Always Included section, states:  "Choose from an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks, wines by the glass, sodas, juices, specialty coffees and bottled water."  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/always-included

So they clearly are advertising that speciality coffees are included.  In the past, speciality coffees have always been included with the classic package, except for a few with fancy alcohol added.  

Edited by cruiserchuck
  • Like 1

The post sounds like the writer didn’t question why the charge or go to Guest Services to inquire. As others have said speciality coffees and teas up to $9 are included in the a

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

The way I read the post seemed like the writer has the alcohol package. I thought it strange which is why I asked the question.  

https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-celebrity-millennium-buffet-better-wi-fi-not

The post reads like the writer didn’t question the charge or Ho to Guest Services to inquire.  As others  have said speciality coffees & teas up to $9 are included in the  classic package.

36 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The post sounds like the writer didn’t question why the charge or go to Guest Services to inquire. As others have said speciality coffees and teas up to $9 are included in the a

The post reads like the writer didn’t question the charge or Ho to Guest Services to inquire.  As others  have said speciality coffees & teas up to $9 are included in the  classic package.

If I can jump in.  I looked at the cost she posted for the wifi, and that seemed very high for starting from surf.

She states in the post that she didn’t pay anything for the cruise and that it was covered by Celebrity as part of a media group. So they must not have given them the standard perks. 

And omg the price to upgrade to the streaming internet is insane! I can’t imagine anyone who would spend that much.