Process Details for the Celebrity Millennium Sint Maarten Sailings

Seany527

Seany527 Thanks for taking us along on your trip to St. Maarten and on your cruise. WOW. Fabulous !  SXM is my favorite place ( I met my husband there : ) ) and you are on my favorite cruise line. What could be better ! Have a wonderful time.

• Haha 1

I want to say thanks as well for giving up so much of your time on this exciting trip to share so much with us. It's so time consuming to do something like this please know it's appreciated, but don't let it get in the way of enjoying your trip! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mab4285 said:

I called their TA assistance line today since I’m an agent. The email is the current procedure. They are supposed to be updating the site. They were confused and verified up three levels. 

Hello Mab.  Thank you for the update.  Would you please reiterate what the Celebrity folks said?  Their website still says 72 hours before arrival in SXM.  I am grateful that you have an inside track and post updates as you get them.

Thank you for providing us with all the info and really getting us back into the anticipation feel.

This morning on Good Morning America they broadcast from this sailing, the reporter is on board.  He will be providing updates .

Have a wonderful cruise, Millennium is my favorite Celebrity ship. 

55 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

Hello Mab.  Thank you for the update.  Would you please reiterate what the Celebrity folks said?  Their website still says 72 hours before arrival in SXM.  I am grateful that you have an inside track and post updates as you get them.

Sure thing. It is within 72 hours from arrival at the port, so 72 hours or less. Not 72 hours from arrival in St Maarten. I mentioned their website to the rep and she was shocked it was on there. She checked with her supervisor who checked with their supervisor (must have been having a fun collaboration over the phone!) and came back stating that the email is correct, and it is 72 hours from arrival at the port. I mentioned the website again and she stated she had already submitted a ticket to get the website corrected. So ultimately, go with what you’re getting in the email. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mab4285 said:

Sure thing. It is within 72 hours from arrival at the port, so 72 hours or less. Not 72 hours from arrival in St Maarten. I mentioned their website to the rep and she was shocked it was on there. She checked with her supervisor who checked with their supervisor (must have been having a fun collaboration over the phone!) and came back stating that the email is correct, and it is 72 hours from arrival at the port. I mentioned the website again and she stated she had already submitted a ticket to get the website corrected. So ultimately, go with what you’re getting in the email. 

Thanks again MAB.

Dear CC community: Can we begin to compile a list of places in St.Maarten to get the RT-PCR test that guarantees a quick turnaround time for results? 

We are arriving on a Thursday afternoon and need results by Saturday morning).  We can not get tested on Wednesday since we are headed to the airport for a 5AM flight and need to be tested Monday for St.Maarten's EHAS to be approved by Tuesday. 

Hopefully the folks on the June 5th voyage have already figured this out.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

Dear CC community: Can we begin to compile a list of places in St.Maarten to get the RT-PCR test that guarantees a quick turnaround time for results?

This is a link to the testing facilities and information needed

https://stmaartenupdates.com/#page-slider

A2CF728D-B945-4045-847F-65821C0920A8.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, pixiedust777 said:

And from what I've read, you don't need to panic. If you don't get the 72 hour prior to boarding back in time, they'll just test you in port and you won't be denied boarding. I would still make every effort to get it, I just wouldn't let it keep you up at night. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, casandbliz said:

Wondering about the elevators...are they only allowing a few people in at a time? Or since everyone is vaccinated and Covid free, does it not matter? Thanks and have a GREAT time!

I would think it doesn’t matter...they can’t possibly police every elevator...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casandbliz said:

Wondering about the elevators...are they only allowing a few people in at a time? Or since everyone is vaccinated and Covid free, does it not matter? Thanks and have a GREAT time!

Just a POV...

We did Vegas 5x from June last year to May this year. 

The 1st 4 trips were under restrictions & elevators were restricted to 4 people. By & large people did this. But if elevators were tough to come by & everyone was masked I didn't mind an extra person or 2.

In May restrictions were lifted & all signs regarding elevator limitations were gone.

I have already seen signs SUGGESTING people take the stairs...and comments of those on board that social distancing isn't particularly happening.

I suspect being vaccinated, & a very uncrowded ship, that passengers feel pretty comfortable.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

Thanks again MAB.

We are arriving on a Thursday afternoon and need results by Saturday morning).  We can not get tested on Wednesday since we are headed to the airport for a 5AM flight and need to be tested Monday for St.Maarten's EHAS to be approved by Tuesday. 

One person on the June 12 sailing mentioned ‘Mullet Bay Medical Clinic’ for an rt-PCR test.  I am flying into St. Martin on the 10th and taking a test on the 7th.  Since numerous sources (television, bloggers, etc) have mentioned that an expired test can be  done at the pier at no charge, I am banking on it being true. It is incomprehensible that Celebrity is not notifying us of this! Cheers.

Edited by fabric_fabric
  • Thanks 1

Seany, thx so much for this! Between you, the June 5 Connection thread & this blog:

https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-celebrity-millennium-onboard-and-unmasked

I am getting my fix FOR NOW!

I was in Vegas the 1st week they reopened in June last year--I wanted to be there for posterity. 

I'm glad I did it--one doesn't often get to regularly, easily drive up Las Vegas Blvd.

I am SUPER excited to cruise again & had originally booked this cruise...I'm glad I didn't.

600 people certainly changes activity offerings A LOT.

Our July 24 Edge cruise looks to have about 1500 booked so far (guesstimate based on rooms available). 

Happy cruising!

1 hour ago, imtired1959 said:

Thanks again MAB.

Following as we are in a similar situation!

3 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Agreed.

I think there are those who are just pessimistic about cruising in this environment in general and want to announce their pessimism repeatedly in these threads.

I for one think the reviews so far on the Millie cruises are fantastic.  Love the fact there are such a small number of passengers.  

Reminds me of flights I took during the peak of the pandemic where coach would be wide open, and first class is full.  It would seem that the rest of the ship would provide wide open spaces as compared to the Retreat on this cruise.

Well I just booked Millie to Alaska in September.😀

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

And from what I've read, you don't need to panic. If you don't get the 72 hour prior to boarding back in time, they'll just test you in port and you won't be denied boarding. I would still make every effort to get it, I just wouldn't let it keep you up at night. 

Hi Abby!  At this point, I can't allow myself to trust anything Celebrity says or for that matter doesn't say.

I found this place with hours until 4:30PM, so if we get into the airport on time (1:30PM), we may be able to get tested on Thursday.  They claim a 24 hour turnaround time, so if not Thursday, possibly early Friday morning.  I hate cutting things this close!

logo health care laboratory st maarten 600

Health Care Laboratory St. Maarten
Union Road
Orange Grove Mall, Unit 12 - 13
Cole Bay
Sint Maarten

Phone: +1 721 544 1036 and +1 721 544 1038.

Email: info@healthcarelab.sx

Opening Hours
Monday to Friday: 7 AM to 4.30 PM
Saturday: 9 AM to Noon

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Well I just booked Millie to Alaska in September.😀

I don't know if the border to Canada will be open again by then. If it is and the "Victoria Clipper" is running you should do the trip to Victoria, it's a lovely small town with much to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1