It's finally the news you have been patiently waiting to hear.

bajathree

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

My partner got his first shot at Walgreens, because we are now traveling, he got his second at CVS.  When he gave the CVS pharmacy his card, they went in their systems and he was in there showing when and where he got the first dose.  There is some sort of a database.  We are in MA.

Agree. I went in for my physical on Monday. It was in their system that I had received my vaccine. It had all of the information and I had not sent it to them. This was my first trip back to my doctor since I received the vaccine in mid March. 

6 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Agree. I went in for my physical on Monday. It was in their system that I had received my vaccine. It had all of the information and I had not sent it to them. This was my first trip back to my doctor since I received the vaccine in mid March. 

All the info on if you were ever tested and the results are in a database also.

6 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

When I got vaccinated, I had to provide all my insurance info, even though it was free.  I'm sure my insurance company is well aware of me (and my wife) being vaccinated.  Ergo, so does my doctor.

6 hours ago, bebe08 said:

Looking forward to getting back to cruising!!  

Regarding this piece of information:  We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space—and more luxury.  What is happening with cruises that were booked before the Covid outbreak/protocols?  I have a cruise booked for Jan 2022 that was booked in 2019 before the world changed.  Do we know what the lower capacity actually is?  I read it is 30 percent for the cruises that are just starting up now, but assume this will increase as time goes on and once there is more confidence that Covid is no longer a major threat.  Wondering what will happen if a cruise is already fully booked or almost fully booked.    

The VP of sales indicated cruises would start at 50% capacity. They are currently at 30% because of low bookings. She said they plan to gradually increase to full capacity within what seemed like a relatively short period of time. 

10 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

When I got vaccinated, I had to provide all my insurance info, even though it was free.  I'm sure my insurance company is well aware of me (and my wife) being vaccinated.  Ergo, so does my doctor.

Same here. I’m sure that our insurance company sent it out.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I haven't heard anything recently, it's going to be interesting to see what Carnival and NCL does.  Celebrity seems to have taken a more pragmatic approach for the time being.  It seems like Florida and Celebrity have agreed to allow Celebrity to acquire your vaccination status during the check-in/Health Questionnaire documents.  Celebrity has taken the approach that they will guarantee the ships will be at least 95% vaccinated, although they haven't released the details how they will do that.  You will still need to volunteer to show your vaccination documents at the pier.  It looks like they are taking approach that they will cancel reservations if you are not vaccinated to keep the ship above 95% vaccinated.  You will still be able to sail without being vaccinated but they will require additional testing at the passenger's expense and limitations such as wearing a mask on-board.  So Celebrity and Florida apparently agreed to this process, but it certainly isn't as clear everyone hoped. 

But  this is what everyone hoped for, vaccinated people can sail without restrictions on board.  The ship was never really going to be 100% vaccinated because there were always going to be religious or medical exceptions.  Behind the scenes, I think this entire process is still in discussion.  Celebrity is ready to cruise now, so it looks like they had to accept this solution.

It will be interesting, if NCL and Carnival can negotiate a better agreement with more time.

Yes it is an interesting and practical approach.  The burden is on the passenger.  They can take a chance if unvaccinated to be one of the 5%.  And then cruise under highly restricted conditions.  Testing frequently at their cost.  Wearing masks.  Who would want to actually do this?  And what kind of a scene will it be if you are denied boarding at check in if the quota is full?  Particularly if you are traveling with other vaccinated family members or friends? I guess if you live in FL near the cruise port you can take the chance of being denied boarding.  But I guess you will still be happy to be part of your governor's electorate.  So if Edge goes out of FLL at 50% capacity, 1450 passengers, then about 70 can sail without proof of vaccination.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

My husband and I have the more common sized  cards, but we got our vaccines in Publix pharmacy, and nothing is handwritten. They used giant stickers that have all the info but cover the whole card, even the CDC logo and header. Now I'm starting to worry they may not be accepted. I guess it's wait and see.

Florida Department of Health has the records and can provide a certified copy of your vaccine record.

1 minute ago, Aloha 1 said:

Florida Department of Health has the records and can provide a certified copy of your vaccine record.

Thanks for that info! I plan on getting that so I have back up for the cards. 

51 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

The VP of sales indicated cruises would start at 50% capacity. They are currently at 30% because of low bookings. She said they plan to gradually increase to full capacity within what seemed like a relatively short period of time. 

I think Celebrity is finding out that traveling to St Maarten isn't very convenient for many people and people just don't want to jump through all of the testing and insurance hops to cruise the Caribbean in the summer.  I wonder if the bookings are better in the Mediterranean. 

• Like 1

Interesting- I find it much more desirable to fly into another place I've never been than to Florida honestly. And the flight add on was about $500 cheaper than booking on my own. There's no direct flights to St Maarten, but I'm ok with that to avoid Florida.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K.T.B. said:

Was not "free"  trust me its being paid for by someplace.  I work in Rev Mgmt for a large healthcare company. The patient yes its free but the facility is getting reimbursed, though very little 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kathynorth said:

New air offer via Flights by Celebrity for new cruises. $100 per person for all US & CAN gateways • New Caribbean, Alaska, Canal Sailings Departing from US home ports June 26, 2021 to October 30, 2021.  AX, EG, EQ, ML, SM

BOOKING WINDOW: June 8, 2021 through June 30, 2021

SAILING RANGE: June 26, 2021 to October 30, 2021

Hmmm... I tried this on a couple cruises in July...tried several "nearby" airports...NO availability.

Where did you get this info?

This thread has made me feel so much better about the Vax card my husband has.  Mine is the regular CDC white card, but he got his first shot in January before our city/county merged their distribution system with the State of Virginia program, so his card is red/white/blue and says Alexandria.Gov on it, with the stickers showing the lot #'s and dates of his vaccinations.  I was worried that it had to be the CDC white card, but knowing how many different versions are out there, I won't worry about it anymore! 😄

• Like 1

Does anyone really know how they will verify that 95% of passengers are vaccinated. I just watched part of the travel agent webinar on a cruise content 

youtube channel and it was not explained at all. 
She basically said it’s on us…what does that mean?

When are they going to let us know what they are doing. It’s probably the reason we can’t check in for our cruise on the Edge next month.

I would think they would be more transparent with their travel agents and passengers. Unless they don’t know yet….

3 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Does anyone really know how they will verify that 95% of passengers are vaccinated. I just watched part of the travel agent webinar on a cruise content 

When are they going to let us know what they are doing. It’s probably the reason we can’t check in for our cruise on the Edge next month.

I would think they would be more transparent with their travel agents and passengers. Unless they don’t know yet….

I think it will end up being more than 95%.  Those who aren't vaccinated, or are unwilling to offer proof of vaccination aren't going to want to be the ones on the ship who have to wear masks and pay for testing.  Moreover, if you've ever used the medial facilities on a cruise ship, getting to see a medical professional will take hours.  So, for the additional testing, they'll be taking hours out of their day just waiting for a test.

Pretty nifty move by Fain.  You can volunteer your COVID Vaccine information and cruise normally.  Or, if you don't offer it, you'll have to wear your mask and go the additional testing route.  Your choice.

How many here, who will not offer COVID Vaccine cards will be willing to wear masks and pay for additional tests?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Travel agent probably won't be involved with the vaccination upload. It's up to the passenger to upload that information into their app if they want to.  As far as verifying that will be a closely guarded secret by the cruise line.  They could do it or farm verification out to a 3rd party.  It will all be done before you reach the port. 

For a holder for you vaccination card, I used an extra cruise luggage tag holders our TA sent to us.

I had to just cut off the end and slid it in from the side.

Worked perfectly, and seemed appropriate to use something from our March 2020 cancelled cruise, to hold the ticket to let us cruise again!!!

I wonder if there going to put it on the key card vaccinated confirmed or not.  Or people who are not confirmed have to wear traceable wristbands to make sure they are following protocols set etc.  Will be interesting on how all this falls out over the next few months and cruises starting up in the US.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

I would bet part of the elusiveness of the unvaccinated passenger process is by design and we don't hear a whole lot about how it's handled. 

There are also several big box TA sites that prompt a message saying vaccines are required for Celebrity cruises when we know technically that's not 100% true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

Celebrity explained it this way.  When someone calls to book

[}  The client is asked if they are vaxxed and if they would provide proof.  If yes notation made on booking. Proof to be provided at check in. (Part of the 95%)

2) Pax says no but plans on getting vaxxed before cruise.  At cruise port check in they will ask for the proof and if supplied part of the 95%.  If not pax sent to a different section for fee based testing and given much more stringent protocols. Part of the 5 %?

3). Unvaxed pax and pax that do not want to give info sent to a different section and protocols same as #2

unvaxed protocols include masks, distancing and ship tours. 

Celebrity said they can monitor the bookings and percentages. 

They advise anyone unvaxed to arrive early at the port as once the 5% threshold is reached that’s it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Christine Frances said:

Celebrity explained it this way.  When someone calls to book

[}  The client is asked if they are vaxxed and if they would provide proof.  If yes notation made on booking. Proof to be provided at check in. (Part of the 95%)

2) Pax says no but plans on getting vaxxed before cruise.  At cruise port check in they will ask for the proof and if supplied part of the 95%.  If not pax sent to a different section for fee based testing and given much more stringent protocols. Part of the 5 %?

3). Unvaxed pax and pax that do not want to give info sent to a different section and protocols same as #2

unvaxed protocols include masks, distancing and ship tours. 

Celebrity said they can monitor the bookings and percentages. 

They advise anyone unvaxed to arrive early at the port as once the 5% threshold is reached that’s it. 

I am assuming that most of us booked quite some time ago.  I know we did.  How is this then determined for those bookings made previous to this policy?  I know that the "how" question was asked twice in the webcast and Dondra declined to answer it.