It's finally the news you have been patiently waiting to hear.

bajathree

5 minutes ago, kellyclayt said:

I am assuming that most of us booked quite some time ago.  I know we did.  How is this then determined for those bookings made previous to this policy?  I know that the "how" question was asked twice in the webcast and Dondra declined to answer it.

I would call Captains Club.   Maybe they can make the notation on your booking now.  Other than that not sure.  If CC gives an answer please sheet.   The person I spoke to was very well informed which was nice:)

2 minutes ago, Christine Frances said:

I would call Captains Club.   Maybe they can make the notation on your booking now.  Other than that not sure.  If CC gives an answer please sheet.   The person I spoke to was very well informed which was nice:)

My guess is the vax question will be "officially" asked when we are finally allowed to check-in online prior to an applicable cruise. In our case we're booked on 3 Edge cruises in August.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

When I got vaccinated, I had to provide all my insurance info, even though it was free.  I'm sure my insurance company is well aware of me (and my wife) being vaccinated.  Ergo, so does my doctor.

They also have our medicare info... and since that is a Federal program... there is likely data within that system for all of those on Medicare. I wonder since our card has lot number info... if they could use name and lot number to confirm that the name on the vaccine card lines up with the name tied to the brand and lot number. Wonder if that data is in a computer or just on sheets of paper...? I suspect for purposes of tracking side effects that that data is in a database someplace.

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My guess is the vax question will be "officially" asked when we are finally allowed to check-in online prior to an applicable cruise. In our case we're booked on 3 Edge cruises in August.

Captains Club said it was asked when booking. For already booked cruises I would imagine they would reach out to confirm. They need to track the percentages 

6 minutes ago, Christine Frances said:

Captains Club said it was asked when booking. For already booked cruises I would imagine they would reach out to confirm. They need to track the 

Well, they definitely didn't ask that status question when we booked our 3 August Edge cruises last week. 

12 hours ago, cscurlock said:

That could change for international travel especially to Europe.  The G7 are meeting to discuss a digital vaccination passport, something the EU already has.  The US will need to provide the verification to the EU in order for that traveler to enter the EU.  So I think they will have to do that in order to meet the EU requirement for entrance.  I don't think initially it was something that the current administration wanted to do but I think in order for people to travel to Europe and maybe other countries it might be a requirement.  

12 hours ago, Antropos said:

And the other way around... in EU we indeed have a digital vaccination passport (which will be operational from July 1), but is useless outside the EU.

Not a bad idea, but I will be shocked if the World has a Global system or even a fool proof system between the EU, UK, , and the US.  I would be pleasantly surprised.  As far as I know it is not 

even legal for the US Federal government to require any kind of vaccine until the vaccine is FDA approved.  

6 hours ago, TFree said:

I ordered some last night from Amazon in anticipation of future travels.  I understand that they are also available at Office Depot for around $1.50.

Tom & Judy

Oh no, I paid about $6 for two card holders via Amazon or eBay.  Including tax and shipping.  I guess I overpaid by about 100%! 

That $3 wasted has to come from somewhere!!  I'd cut down on my cigarettes or drinking a tiny bit, but unfortunately, I don't smoke or drink. 

Since my next cruise is Always Included, my Soda package will save me far more than the $3.  So all is good.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 2:16 PM, Orator said:

Reuters 1:05 ET

Celebrity Cruises * CELEBRITY CRUISES

CELEBRITY EQUINOX HAS NOW BEEN APPROVED BY CDC TO SAIL FROM Fort Lauderdale ON JULY 25, 2021.

Unfortunately Celebrity sent me our cruise docs for the July 4 cruise, I ordered the luggage tags and was feeling so excited for our three B2B cruises.  Then the bubble broke the next day....the cruise following our three will go but our three will not.  CDC approved the Equinox to sail earlier but apparently that was not to be.  Not until July 25.  We are going to wait to see how the chips fall.

As I understand it, everyone must be vaccinated, or they will not be allowed to board.
We don't plan on wearing masks while on a Caribbean cruise, since we are fully vaccinated.
How do the cruisers determine who has had a vaccine or not? By their mask? Not !
No shot, no ship !    🛳️  🌴

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Antropos said:

It also goes the other way around: how does the representative at the pier know what all original vaccination cards in the world look like? I guess they all look more or less the same for US travelers, but what about us from Europe, for example? Every country in Europe has it's own format. Same goes for Australia, all Asian countries, and so on.

I Am sure they will have this available to the agents online or on their iPads to confirm what the 'proof' should look like from each country and each locality as much as feasible.

In fact, do not the cards need to be uploaded in advance of boarding? If so, plenty of time to confirm.

In health and bon voyage

9 hours ago, kearney said:

Problem with that.. is that it makes it difficult to tell if the card is fake or real. I have read that they suggest you not laminate it ..so I assume this solution might be an issue as well... also we might need boosters...which..ideally would be noted on the same document. You might want to check before you cruise to make sure this won't be a problem... you might be able to get another one from your health department.

I do not consider this a near term issue for sailing as the need or requirement for boosters will not be here until late fall or early winter, I would think...

By then there may be other 'cards' or documents issued to verify booster was taken/given which in turns means the original shot was received. So I would think...

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That works, too.  I got mine laminated.  If and when that's not enough, I'm sure I'll find another path.  Maybe carry an additional card.

Truth be told, by that time, I believe there will be other avenues to show vaccine status other than the CDC Vaccine Card.

I have made two (2) copies and have them laminated and will keep the original safe and secure at home unless specifically told that the original card is needed/required.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 4

For those that are interested, an article was just posted on the FB Royal Caribbean blog entitled "Florida fires back at CDC in lawsuit trying to get cruise ships sailing again". Yawn ...

Hopefully, the judge will make his decision shortly. One can hope anyway. 😎

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alibaba1 said:

As I understand it, everyone must be vaccinated, or they will not be allowed to board.
We don't plan on wearing masks while on a Caribbean cruise, since we are fully vaccinated.
How do the cruisers determine who has had a vaccine or not? By their mask? Not !
No shot, no ship !    🛳️  🌴

Celebrity is cruising under CDC guidelines 95% vaxxed pax.  When you book they will ask if you have the shot and then you have to produce the original certificate upon check in at the port    One on board, no masks, no distancing and tour ports on your own. 

3 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

But if Florida wins then the 95% vax requirement will likely change. I'm hoping that stays in place.

Celebrity isn't just requiring it because the CDC "says so".  It's because the majority of their paying passengers want it, and don't want to sail without that requirement.  Even if the CDC loses, look to the cruise lines to keep vaccination requirements in place.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Celebrity isn't just requiring it because the CDC "says so".  It's because the majority of their paying passengers want it, and don't want to sail without that requirement.  Even if the CDC loses, look to the cruise lines to keep vaccination requirements in place.

Celebrity Millennium is doing a revenue cruise because the CDC has 2 options 

1) do rest cruises with volunteers to rest their Covid plan and then submit it for approval. 
2) Skip the test cruise and go to a revenue cruise but must have 95% ox vaxxed 

Rpyal has decided to allow vaxxed and unvaxed people aboard. That’s why they are doing test cruises right now. 

From talking to them today  they plan on keeping it that way for the near future. 

30 minutes ago, Christine Frances said:

Celebrity Millennium is doing a revenue cruise because the CDC has 2 options 

1) do rest cruises with volunteers to rest their Covid plan and then submit it for approval. 
2) Skip the test cruise and go to a revenue cruise but must have 95% ox vaxxed 

Rpyal has decided to allow vaxxed and unvaxed people aboard. That’s why they are doing test cruises right now. 

From talking to them today  they plan on keeping it that way for the near future. 

Celebrity is doing CDC approved revenue cruises because their demographic makes it easy.

Royal has a harder time with families, but is still requiring eligible passengers be vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I just noticed that Royal just pulled almost all their Caribbean summer sailings......wonder what's up with that...night before court hearing in Tampa.

I was able to pull up August sailing. Did not check July. Symphony was the ship that I pulled up but other ships were showing. Maybe they’re back. 

58 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Celebrity is doing CDC approved revenue cruises because their demographic makes it easy.

Royal has a harder time with families, but is still requiring eligible passengers be vaccinated.

Royal is “recommending” vaccinations for cruises departing from Florida.  The ships that are leaving from Seattle for Alaska  do require pax to be vaccinated. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/royal-caribbean-wont-require-vaccinations-on-u-s-cruises-except-in-seattle-bahamas/

7 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I was able to pull up August sailing. Did not check July. Symphony was the ship that I pulled up but other ships were showing. Maybe they’re back. 

There are ships heading to Seattle for the Alaska season   I don’t know how many but they might be the missing ones. 

1 hour ago, Christine Frances said:

Royal is “recommending” vaccinations for cruises departing from Florida.  The ships that are leaving from Seattle for Alaska  do require pax to be vaccinated. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/royal-caribbean-wont-require-vaccinations-on-u-s-cruises-except-in-seattle-bahamas/

Royal is "requiring" vaccinations by "punitive measures" to unvaccinated passengers.   Not vaccinated?  You'll pay a whole heck of a lot more in extra testing and lost vacay time.  Plus strict protocols and restricted access onboard.  There's always a way to get the unvaccinated off the ship.

Edited by iamaqt2

4 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Royal is "requiring" vaccinations by "punitive measures" to unvaccinated passengers.   Not vaccinated?  You'll pay a whole heck of a lot more in extra testing and lost vacay time.  Plus strict protocols and restricted access onboard.  There's always a way to get the unvaccinated off the ship.

I wish the policy was more straightforward, but I’m ok with the punitive measures to get the unvaccinated off the ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Christine Frances said:

Captains Club said it was asked when booking. For already booked cruises I would imagine they would reach out to confirm. They need to track the percentages 

I just booked an Alaska cruise with Celebrity agents over the phone this week.  Nobody asked about my vaccination status.  Maybe it is only a question for FL cruises?