Port of Galveston says Carnival will be able to ask for proff of vaccine under the new Texas law

MrMarc

7 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Honestly, I think Carnival is probably going to use the five percent almost entirely on children baring some exceptional circumstance simply because if they do contract the virus, it is rarely severe in them and transmission from child-to-child and child-to-adults has been found to be extremely low even when physical distancing is not possible.

I think so too.  I do not think Carnival will sail with 95% vaccinated people and let unvaccinated adults sail.  I think they will reserve the 5% for only children.  They are probably working on filling those spaces with children with the online requests for their first July cruise.  An adult who chooses not to get the vaccine based on health issues seems very high risk to me.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carnival can't reserve the 5% for children and be in compliance with the law. I don't see them inviting legal troubles. I'm not sure there is a hard number that would need to be reserved, but it must be greater than 0.

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival can't reserve the 5% for children and be in compliance with the law. I don't see them inviting legal troubles. I'm not sure there is a hard number that would need to be reserved, but it must be greater than 0.

Call me cynical, but I bet the 5% comes from the highest paid passengers that request. Suite kids and adults will take priority over interior kids and adults.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

Call me cynical, but I bet the 5% comes from the highest paid passengers that request. Suite kids and adults will take priority over interior kids and adults.

I was thinking the same thing, revenue based. But since nobody has chimed in for July cruise on whether they're approved or not, just like 90% of posts here in just speculation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Still a large grey area with kids. Not sure why they dont just do the RCL 'everyone over 18 should be vaccinated' route 

15 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

I'm thinking that younger kids would take priority over older kids.

14 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Still a large grey area with kids. Not sure why they dont just do the RCL 'everyone over 18 should be vaccinated' route 

Check that Bayley has now commented on Royal's policy to help clear up questions:

“For Freedom, Odyssey, Allure, Symphony and Mariner sailing out of Florida ports in July and August we are strongly recommending all guests eligible for vaccines are fully vaccinated,” Bayley said in a post on social medial. “We expect approximately 90 percent of our guests will be vaccinated. Guests who choose not to be vaccinated or not willing to verify vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols which will be at their expense.  

“Kids not eligible for vaccines (under 12 from August 1) who sail will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges.”

For the Adventure of the Seas from the Bahamas, the Anthem from Southampton, the Jewel from Cyprus, the Serenade and Ovation from Seattle, the Independence from Galveston, the Harmony from Barcelona and the Oasis from Bayonne, Bayley said guests will need to be fully vaccinated with the exemption only for children under 12. Children will thus need to be tested and subject to health protocols, with no additional charges for any testing.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25194-royal-caribbean-clarifies-covid-19-vaccine-requirements-and-charges-for-testing.html

Edited by SeaHunt
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Huge difference. If carnival goes the 95% vaccinated then the cdc says you may be allowed to not wear a mask. If you only say should ..and dont check and meet the 95% then masks currently are required.

The difference is masks required. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Huge difference. If carnival goes the 95% vaccinated then the cdc says you may be allowed to not wear a mask. If you only say should ..and dont check and meet the 95% then masks currently are required.

The difference is masks required. 

As I understand it, RCL is only requiring vaccination for those over 18. And no masks. I understand the rule, but still ridiculous to have the same requirements for children...we shall see!

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

As I understand it, RCL is only requiring vaccination for those over 18. And no masks. I understand the rule, but still ridiculous to have the same requirements for children...we shall see!

It depends

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-wear-a-face-mask-onboard-my-cruise

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Doubt its inforced, but who knows. 2yo is fine....3yo needs to wear a mask. Makes a ton of sense...

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

In a nut shell, herd immunity is when each case of covid, spreads to less than one person, on average. When that happens the number of cases approaches zero, although it may never reach zero.

Once reached, herd immunity can be lost if enough people are careless and each case results in more than 1 new case, on average. Then the total number of cases increases.

When someone gives a percentage of vaccinated, they are estimating based on a number of assumptions.

Much like the assumptions being made that the 5% unvaccinated are going to cause an outbreak amongst passengers. Can't say a case couldn't happen, but I'm inclined to believe that the risk of an outbreak is extremely small.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

Rcl is not requiring vaccinations at this time for usa ports. It is suggested. They are doing unvaccinated which is why masks will probably be required unless cdc changes. 

I'm not sure where you are reading. Nassau vaccinated is required over 16, under needs a test. For nassau leaving tomorrow all pax will be tested, even vaccinated. The testing was just announced today. Testing will be free of charge for nassau tomorrow. 

For carnival only Alaska and Galveston protocols have been discussed. Florida is supposed to come out tomorrow. 

Rcl has a mish mash of protocols so far. They arent doing the apply here for unvaccinated like carnival for july Galveston which sounds like it could be a mess to me .. let's see what carnival says for horizon out of Florida before we know what carnival is doing.

I'm not doing rcl until December and so far its unvaccinated. I'm hoping cdc just goes away with its mask required. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl is not requiring vaccinations at this time for usa ports. It is suggested. They are doing unvaccinated which is why masks will probably be required unless cdc changes. 

I'm not sure where you are reading. Nassau vaccinated is required over 16, under needs a test. For nassau leaving tomorrow all pax will be tested, even vaccinated. The testing was just announced today. Testing will be free of charge for nassau tomorrow. 

For carnival only Alaska and Galveston protocols have been discussed. Florida is supposed to come out tomorrow. 

Rcl has a mish mash of protocols so far. They arent doing the apply here for unvaccinated like carnival for july Galveston which sounds like it could be a mess to me .. let's see what carnival says for horizon out of Florida before we know what carnival is doing.

I'm not doing rcl until December and so far its unvaccinated. I'm hoping cdc just goes away with its mask required. 

Alot of balls in the air. In the end, until my kids dont need masks we wont be sailing, and giving our $$ to the AIs we have enjoyed so much over the past 18 months. I look forward to seeing what actual protocols look like, when people are actually sailing, and going from there. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Alot of balls in the air. In the end, until my kids dont need masks we wont be sailing, and giving our $$ to the AIs we have enjoyed so much over the past 18 months. I look forward to seeing what actual protocols look like, when people are actually sailing, and going from there. 

^^^THIS!!

31 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

^^^THIS!!

For sure. And man, I love cruising. But we cruise as a family, and until its enjoyable for use all, we will continue to utilize other options. Cant wait to get back, when it works!

• Like 1