RC just announced vaxxed passengers on AoS must get rapid test at checkin

On 6/10/2021 at 2:30 PM, B113 said:

My wife is an RN and said you can have a false positive test. I hate to see some families vacation ruined. What a waste of time and money.

I agree.  All we have heard for months is get the vaccine and now if a simple test is wrong, ya get booted off the ship.  Makes me question the test. 

Makes me think easier to get on a plane, go to the mall or beach and just about ANYTHING but a nice ship.

So very said and this nightmare will go on and on and on.   

Also wondering if it is because the ship is going to Mexico and Bahamas.  I know my ship on NCL from Seattle to just the USA so far is not requiring and test just proof of vaccine.  Hope that stays the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

That is HUGE. This is the reason cruise lines should not be testing vaccinated people unless they have symptoms. How long is it going to take for that CDC guideline to be in effect for the cruise lines?

I wonder why the crew was tested on the rccl cruise ship?  

3 hours ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

From what i read on the live review that was done on the Millineum, the cabins being used for positive tests are on deck 2, so inside. Also, the people that were contacted via contact tracing did not have to move cabins.

Good to know about the people who were identified with contact tracing.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 1:21 PM, ArthurUSCG said:

MSC requires testing prior to boarding, another before boarding and then a 3rd during the cruise.

Still not sure if this will be part of their protocol for US sailings. I'm supposed to be sailing with them in mid-October, and they've yet to update their website with health and safety protocols for cruises to the Caribbean and Bahamas.

They also just changed our itinerary (eastern Caribbean) without notifying us. We were supposed to have stops in St. Thomas, San Juan (with a late departure), Nassau, 2 sea days, and then their private island, Ocean Cay on our last day. They've scrubbed St. Thomas and San Juan and replaced it with Ocho Rios 🙄 and an extra day at Ocean Cay. We're still going to Nassau 🙄.

Have any of you had changes to your RC itineraries that included St. Thomas and San Juan? 

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

They were moved to an isolation cabin near the medical center. Given that the center is on a lower deck it was likely inside. According to comments of some on board they were specially ventilated cabins. They were not allowed to stay in their reserved stateroom. 

Would these cabins have negative pressure like isolation rooms in a hospital?

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

You don’t see what that way?  Context is important when you quote someone 6 days after they made a comment coffeebean.  I was being sarcastic in my response to someone who implied something nefarious in the way tests in vaccinated persons were counted by the CDC.  Let’s move on. 

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend in any way. I am a big fan of your postings, BTW.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend in any way. I am a big fan of your postings, BTW.

No worries. No offense taken. My apologies for giving that impression. Just hard to dig through and find stuff sometimes. Big fan of your posts too.  😊

• Like 1

I'm fine with it.  I work in healthcare and have been PCR'd and Binexed over 50 times!  Basically, I've been tested every which way to Sunday during this pandemic that when we're tested before boarding, I'll be like "Here, hold my bags! *self-administers the Binex test* Here you go! *hands over sample*  Moving on!"

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 11:15 AM, jcarter4551 said:

I do not want to get to Nassau and test pos and be there for 14 days even though RC in the email said "rest assured that if you test positive we will take care of you...." whatever that means lol.

In some contexts, that could be a threat!

just kidding  😀

On 6/10/2021 at 10:49 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Another "wild card" that would prevent me from cruising from Nassau at this time.  Even with the smallest chance of a false positive, I could not afford to be away for 14 days.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, B113 said:

My wife is an RN and said you can have a false positive test. I hate to see some families vacation ruined. What a waste of time and money.

Wouldn't they retest with a more accurate test a few times to factor out a false positive?

13 minutes ago, mpk said:

Wouldn't they retest with a more accurate test a few times to factor out a false positive?

Nobody seems to know the exact plan yet. That is the problem. Hard to plan.