Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

3 hours ago, karena1 said:

Looking for a beach to go to in Grand Bahamas that we can rent chairs/umbrellas.  Lucayan does not offer day passes right now so we are trying to find a beach we can spend the day at.  If anyone on this cruise goes to the beach, not on a ship excursion, can you provide feedback?  I know you can rent a room at Lucayan, but it is super pricey, so we don't want that.  

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eswort said:

tHeard there are only 900 passengers for the 6/19 sailing, really makes me worry my Sept AOS will not happen, can’t imagine they can continue these sailings at that capacity to make it profitable…hopefully I’m wrong, I really need a cruise!

I am sure they will have more passengers for later cruises.  The number of passengers for these first few cruises are probably very limited.  RCCL is not trying to make money with these cruises, but they are testing the waters to see if their Covid protocols work and how to adapt them so that they do not need to shut down entirely again before ramping up the number of passengers on board and starting up other ships operating out of the US.  These are like their test cruises they are doing out of the US but with paying passengers in a way.

An to the author of this thread...thanks so much for taking us along for the ride.

Edited by Russ Lomas
added a line
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Bird:

let me ask again, any regrets taking this ship given all the various limitations?

Any surprises or disappointments?   Will you wait a while to take another cruise out of the country?

I echo the sentiment of may seasoned cruisers that this has been one of the best cruises of my life. The protocols are mostly transparent.

We were scheduled on a cruise out of Jamaica in August which cancelled a few weeks ago. So we are replacing it with a cruise out of Seattle. Zero concern or second thoughts of taking another cruise. 

• Like 19

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

I echo the sentiment of may seasoned cruisers that this has been one of the best cruises of my life. The protocols are mostly transparent.

We were scheduled on a cruise out of Jamaica in August which cancelled a few weeks ago. So we are replacing it with a cruise out of Seattle. Zero concern or second thoughts of taking another cruise. 

are you doing Serenade or Ovation or some other lines.

I think you will find those cruises different since vaccines required and not going out of USA,

Will be interesting to see what you compare.

I suppose having a ship with way less people can be somewhat enjoyable, but you had bad weather and you had to take a test.  I can see how that would be a favorite but if you say so.

You are leading the way for the rest of us.  Enjoy Alaska I know I will on Encore.  4 ports and a glacier that would be my idea of a great cruise that is not the norm

27 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

are you doing Serenade or Ovation or some other lines.

I think you will find those cruises different since vaccines required and not going out of USA,

Will be interesting to see what you compare.

I suppose having a ship with way less people can be somewhat enjoyable, but you had bad weather and you had to take a test.  I can see how that would be a favorite but if you say so.

You are leading the way for the rest of us.  Enjoy Alaska I know I will on Encore.  4 ports and a glacier that would be my idea of a great cruise that is not the norm

So, our Quantum to Alaska was cancelled. And we lifted and shifted to 2022. 

The canceled cruise was on the Joy and has been replaced with the Bliss/Encore which is a fully vaccinated cruise. I am expecting with the dozen COVID cases on cruise ships over the past two weeks, that the other line will tighten up some of their protocols. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

which Encore sailing are you on? I am on 9/18

Watch for another BirdTravels live post from the Encore before you travel. Our very last cruise before the shutdown was the inaugural cruise of the Encore out of Miami over Thanksgiving 2019 - the Bird live posted from that cruise too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Watch for another BirdTravels live post from the Encore before you travel. Our very last cruise before the shutdown was the inaugural cruise of the Encore out of Miami over Thanksgiving 2019 - the Bird live posted from that cruise too. 

I did read your past one and I got a lot of good info from it. Looking forward to next Encore review!

Really enjoyed this and hoping for your final thoughts once on land including the good (seems like most of it was), the bad and the ugly.  Thanks again for making my first week back at the office a bit more tolerable!

4 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

which Encore sailing are you on? I am on 9/18

I think she is next year having done a lift and lift,  As for me I am on Aug 29th.  hopefully,

I did the Bliss in 2018 for Panama Canal and would have been happy to be on her again.  

But will be nice to see the new ship too.  Next year doing the Joy out of Alaska.  enjoy your 9/18

• Like 1