Freedom of the Seas July sailings Healthy Sail Requirements.

Just now, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Michael Bayley had a FB post - 1050 passengers 94% adults (vaccinated) 6% children (not vaccinated). I would think the CEO of the cruise line has accurate info.

The article says the same...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kaitlyntk said:

What are you thoughts about how the protocols will affect vaccinated parents with children too young for the vaccine? My husband and I are fully vaccinated, but our ten year old can’t get the vaccine yet. Will we have to sit with the unvaccinated population throughout the cruise? That’s a scary thought. 

You are vaccinated. You probably come in contact with more unvaxxed at home than you realize. I wouldn't be concerned for myself but I would be concerned for the children.

• Like 1

Well that's pretty much my entire cruise so I'll survive.

"Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

For the protocols in July (and into August), one thing I will be interested in seeing is if they split some venues into 3 classes:

• Fully Vaccinated
  • Fully Vaccinated Adults with un-vaccinated kids under 12
  • Un-vaccinated (or mixed)

Reason I say this, they made a very big point of going this route due to the "sheer number of families with kids that sail". They seem to think that limiting the under 16/12 age group to only 5% of the ship won't work, so their projections must have a significant number of families that fall into the vaccinated adults/un-vaccinated kids bucket. If that is true, I can see scenarios like dining where a family would be OK having their kids exposed to other un-vaccinated kids, but NOT to un-vaccinated adults.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cured said:

It says the vaxxed have to wear masks indoors. But then it goes on to say:

Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.

No masks needed in bars, lounges, restaurants, or entertainment.  Looks like the only places the vaxxed have to wear masks is hallways and elevators.

I suggest that the vaxxed get a mask with a lanyard because from what you described there will be a lot of pulling the mask on and off

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You are vaccinated. You probably come in contact with more unvaxxed at home than you realize. I wouldn't be concerned for myself but I would be concerned for the children.

I would be more concerned with both parents and children being tracked, identified and ostracized from certain activities and venues.

Not a vacation at all.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kearney said:

I use the surgical masks with the metal clip at the nose... I am going to see if I can get the anti fog wipes... I can't imagine what it will be like wearing one in Nassau in August... I will need a service dog to help me find my way....

🤣

7 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I would be more concerned with both parents and children being tracked, identified and ostracized from certain activities and venues.

Not a vacation at all.  

Given the fights that broke out a Walmart and Target last year over masks I think that there is a strong possibility of that happening. However, children who are too young to be vaccinated have no choice and you shouldn't assume that the parents or guardians aren't vaccinated. Adults who are unvaccinated traveling on their own may have an issue.

Found this article and looks promising for those people that are afraid at the present MRNA vaccines.  Being produced by a US company "Novavax."  They named the vaccine "Coronavax" and  unlike the present vaccines does not use gene therapy-based vaccination method.

“Coronavax” demonstrated 100% protection against moderate and severe disease and 90.4% overall efficacy, keeping this investigational product competitive with both mRNA-based vaccine products under emergency use authorization (EUA) as well as superior to the Johnson and Johnson Adenovirus-based vaccine, which is also authorized for deployment in the USA on an emergency basis. 

Never heard of  the source Trial Site, but if accurate it looks promising.

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Given the fights that broke out a Walmart and Target last year over masks I think that there is a strong possibility of that happening. However, children who are too young to be vaccinated have no choice and you shouldn't assume that the parents or guardians aren't vaccinated. Adults who are unvaccinated traveling on their own may have an issue.

Read your response to the post.  My comment pertained to the individual commenting on vaccinated parents with un-vaxxed children. As I said, they will be tracked and possibly ostracized.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kaitlyntk said:

What are you thoughts about how the protocols will affect vaccinated parents with children too young for the vaccine? My husband and I are fully vaccinated, but our ten year old can’t get the vaccine yet. Will we have to sit with the unvaccinated population throughout the cruise? That’s a scary thought. 

We are in the same boat (ha) with our almost 4 year old. I would NOT feel comfortable sitting in unvaccinated crowds (although we are both vaccinated), but I also can understand others not feeling comfortable having unvaccinated children around. It will be interesting to see how this is handled.

• Like 1

I think these current requirements are going to be very short lived. With that being said I don't know why Royal is taking the hard road to starting up and not just simply starting out with the 95% threshold like Celebrity. Yes I know about the amount of kids on Royal and how they under normal circumstances wouldn't be able to reach that 95% threshold....but these current requirements sound terrible and I really don't think they are going to have to worry about families and kids on these early sailings anyways. What family really wants to jump through these hoops with themselves and their kids.

41 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Found this article and looks promising for those people that are afraid at the present MRNA vaccines.  Being produced by a US company "Novavax."  They named the vaccine "Coronavax" and  unlike the present vaccines does not use gene therapy-based vaccination method.

Unfortunately for those who panicked about MRNA based vaccines, Novavax's vaccine platform uses recombinant DNA (genetically modified DNA) as its vaccine vehicle.

From Novavax's website:

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

For the protocols in July (and into August), one thing I will be interested in seeing is if they split some venues into 3 classes:

• Fully Vaccinated
  • Fully Vaccinated Adults with un-vaccinated kids under 12
  • Un-vaccinated (or mixed)

Reason I say this, they made a very big point of going this route due to the "sheer number of families with kids that sail". They seem to think that limiting the under 16/12 age group to only 5% of the ship won't work, so their projections must have a significant number of families that fall into the vaccinated adults/un-vaccinated kids bucket. If that is true, I can see scenarios like dining where a family would be OK having their kids exposed to other un-vaccinated kids, but NOT to un-vaccinated adults.

It's important to remember that RCI is only going through this convoluted route in FL.  Other ports in the US will be at least 95% vaccinated, so protocols will not be that much of any issue.  Parents who are vaccinated with unvaccinated kids on these hybrid sailings will just have to make a choice about who they are exposing their kids too in the unvaccinated settings and decide whether to cruise or not.  

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Not a vacation at all.  

I think that may be part of RCI's plan.  It's to discourage unvaccinated persons of any age from sailing.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It's important to remember that RCI is only going through this convoluted route in FL.  Other ports in the US will be at least 95% vaccinated, so protocols will not be that much of any issue.  

@harkinmr,  I’m not sure why you keep making this statement above.   Other than Seattle this year, Fain has repeatedly said they will not hit the 95% mark due to the sheer number of families with young kids.   Which is why they are doing test cruises. Fain estimates 90% vaccinated. And I would guess that number is too high- this is school summer vacation after all.

Other ports for the first month (ex: Galveston for August) require all 12 and up vaccinated.   But there will be a large percentage of under 12s,  so will not achieve 95% vaccinated.   So “masking indoor for all “ protocols will likely apply under today’s rules.    Testing of the unvaccinated kids at the port will likely apply.  Just not the split venues. So agree with you on that point, 

Edited by BSocial
Added
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I think that may be part of RCI's plan.  It's to discourage unvaccinated persons of any age from sailing.  

The problem is that they may lose that market for life, unless things drastically change along the way.

16 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I think these current requirements are going to be very short lived. With that being said I don't know why Royal is taking the hard road to starting up and not just simply starting out with the 95% threshold like Celebrity. Yes I know about the amount of kids on Royal and how they under normal circumstances wouldn't be able to reach that 95% threshold....but these current requirements sound terrible and I really don't think they are going to have to worry about families and kids on these early sailings anyways. What family really wants to jump through these hoops with themselves and their kids.

Considering that even the current Adventure sailing have more than 5% kids I think they do have to worry about families and kids on these early sailings.

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The problem is that they may lose that market for life, unless things drastically change along the way.

I don't think it's forever.  And there aren't too many other cruise lines that these folks can sail with in the interim that don't have a vaccine requirement.