Freedom of the Seas July sailings Healthy Sail Requirements.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Really, golly gee and thanks for pointing this out to me and I thought this was an AOS sail topic. 

You are a mind reader that you are so sure that only vaxxed passengers will be permitted to sail from Bayonne.  I will let you know how it goes and protocols when and if I sail on the Oasis Sept. 5th sail.

Actually, it’s a Freedom of the Seas topic, not AOS, if you really feel the need to be specific about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't blame you for that. But if we're still wearing masks on a ship in April 22, RCG is going to be in serious serious troubles.  Vaxers were happy that Non-vaxers had to mask up... now they're happy because the non-vaxers MIGHT have to mask up more than they do. As a result fewer people will be on those ships. 

Yep.  

• Like 1

Now that Florida won the lawsuit, It will be interesting if everything is up in the air? I think Michael Bayley was waiting but ran out of time? Or they were overbooked and needed people to cancel?  I am glad I didn’t panic and ask for a refund. Looking better and better for a normal cruise for vaccinated passengers. 

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Those people with health issues probably wouldn't even consider a cruise until it is safer for them to do so. There may be many who would have taken the vaccine if they could.

Obviously, and this is why I feel bad about them having such roadblocks in the way for cruising.

23 minutes ago, pcur said:

Obviously, and this is why I feel bad about them having such roadblocks in the way for cruising.

There are things that I loved to do and miss terribly, but my medical condition prevents it. I don't whine about it, I adjusted my life and continued on. The same with cruising, if you cant or wont take the vaccine, then you need to  find another type of vacation. The vast majority of cruisers want and got the vaccine, to continue to do something they love.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sugcarol said:

There are things that I loved to do and miss terribly, but my medical condition prevents it. I don't whine about it, I adjusted my life and continued on. The same with cruising, if you cant or wont take the vaccine, then you need to  find another type of vacation. The vast majority of cruisers want and got the vaccine, to continue to do something they love.

Some day I hope you can come back to cruising.  Best wishes.

On 6/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, kruzerci said:

I hope many cancel their cruises. I don’t have to wear a mask in public at home, I’m not doing it for no reason on vacation. 

I understand, and I do not like it either since I am fully vaccinated. However, I am so desperate to be onboard, and have had no PTO in the last 16 months, I am going to sail on my July 23 Freedom, and just hope it changes some by the August cruise. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I understand, and I do not like it either since I am fully vaccinated. However, I am so desperate to be onboard, and have had no PTO in the last 16 months, I am going to sail on my July 23 Freedom, and just hope it changes some by the August cruise. 

Did you worry when you had the flu vaccine but didn’t know if others had it? I bet you didn’t. You’re vaccinated. Relax and enjoy life. Take reasonable and ordinary precautions like hand washing, etc. and stop worrying. Life is too short already..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

The Points Guy has an article up . Vax get a wristband. Non vax get a hole punched in sea pass . Must show upon entering restaurants, shows. Separate dining rooms for unvaxxed. No My Time dining for non vax. And so on

If RCI denies or alters any service or goods to anyone because of their medical status, I think they would be in violation of FL law even if this didn’t occur until out on the open seas. 

Edited by CI66774

5 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

If RCI denies or alters any service or goods to anyone because of their medical status, I think they would be in violation of FL law even if this didn’t occur until out on the open seas. 

I foresee more lawsuits in the future. 

21 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'm treating parents and their children as one.  Maybe I'm suspicious or ulterior motives, but why the need to show your seapass to gain access to certain venues.  Is the vaccination data on your seapass.I'

With the risk of COVID-19 still present, Royal Caribbean has made the decision to restrict access to certain public rooms, events, and areas of the vessel to vaccinated passengers only. Passengers will need to keep their SeaPass cards at them on all times in order to gain access to lounges, shows and dining venues while onboard.

"Since the majority of our guests will be vaccinated, there will be venues and events restricted to vaccinated guests only," stated Royal Caribbean in its email communiqué to passengers. "We’ll do our best to create opportunities for all guests to enjoy their time with us."

For entertainment venues, select showtimes will be offered for vaccinated passengers only, while others will be offered for vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers. These will be listed in the daily program, and show reservations can be made using the Royal Caribbean app.

Meals in the ship's elegant Main Dining Room will be set up similarly: vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers may not dine together, and reservations will be encouraged using the Royal Caribbean app or Cruise Planner pre-cruise.

I think this violates FL law as the company will be denying/altering goods and/or services to someone because of his/her medical status. I don’t think it matters where the violation takes place as the cruise originated out of Florida. RCI is gonna get spanked with fines...Attempting to thwart the law with these tactics isn’t gonna work in the end.

Edited by CI66774

14 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Thank you for this very sensible approach. When I avoided everyone and all buildings for 16 months, I felt that was easier than the risk of dying, as I have severe respiratory issues. Many people accused me of being "scared", I preferred the words cautious and realistic. I did many other things that I enjoyed that didn't put me at risk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CI66774 said:

1 hour ago, CI66774 said:

I think this violates FL law as the company will be denying/altering goods and/or services to someone because of his/her medical status. I don’t think it matters where the violation takes place as the cruise originated out of Florida. RCI is gonna get spanked with fines...Attempting to thwart the law with these tactics isn’t gonna work in the end.

The cruise lines are setting parameters for sailing based on voluntarily providing vaccination status, not mandating that passengers be vaccinated to sail.  Unvaccinated persons can sail (subject to passenger capacity), but their service will be impacted by testing and some other restrictions based on safety protocols developed by the cruise lines, which is perfectly in line with current laws.  The workarounds developed by the cruise lines do not appear to violate the language of the law.  If the state digs in and continues to threaten fines then it may go to court leaving sailings in limbo.  I don't believe it is going to go that far, but we shall see.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

It is wishful thinking that we are returning to normal cruising at this time.  The mandates and rules having been continuously changing.  For those who are angry now that they thought they would be on a vaccinated cruise, there is no guarantee.  If the last year and half has taught us anything, it is that nothing is guaranteed, and constant change is the normal for now.  I don't know why this would be a surprise.  For myself, I am hoping that my cruise is fully vaccinated, but if not, oh well...I could've waited this out, but chose not to.  

For how long will we continue waiting?  Life is short, every month counts. I canceled and rebooked 12 cruises so far. Shall I do 12 more?

Edited by kirtihk

3 hours ago, CI66774 said:

They aren’t denying services. They are making people pay for testing that is required if you aren’t vaccinated. This is an extra cost for them. They are allowing a cruise experience . Just without flexibility. Vaccinated areas are no different than Suite areas, Diamond areas, What is interesting is you usually pay more for an upgraded experience but now it is the unvaccinated paying more for less access. People keep talking about a 2 class system but Diamond and Suite guests have that on most cruises. I am interested in people who have suites and such if they will get the primo experience if not vaccinated? I wouldn’t pay suite prices of I got no benefits. 

26 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I am interested in people who have suites and such if they will get the primo experience if not vaccinated? 

I guess I will find out in August on SY.  We are Star Class and unvaxxed.  It will be interesting.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CI66774 said:

Did you worry when you had the flu vaccine but didn’t know if others had it? I bet you didn’t. You’re vaccinated. Relax and enjoy life. Take reasonable and ordinary precautions like hand washing, etc. and stop worrying. Life is too short already..

I do not think you understand what I was responding to. I was responding that I didn't like having to wear a mask, but that I would do it anyway just to be on a cruise.