Freedom of the Seas July sailings Healthy Sail Requirements.

34 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Mask wearing is not required in certain venues or at events designated for vaccinated guests only. Not all bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment venues.  There will be public venues and areas that will mix vaccinated and unvaccinated persons where everyone will have to be masked.  

I disagree, the statement is very clear.

"Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only."

How is that not clear?  

20 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Since you're already in Georgia I'm sure you'll have plenty of practice prior to sailing in August.  The humidity must be brutal down there in the summer.  We're starting to hit higher humidity this next week up here in Massachusetts.  I might need that service dog to get me to work next week ;o)

While it is humid here in the Atlanta area... we are at 1000ft elevation and have a river that most would call a large creek not exactly the Potomac or Hudson River... I found Washington DC and NYC to be more stifling in the summer and often hotter.

21 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I disagree, the statement is very clear.

"Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only."

How is that not clear?  

The parenthetical is just examples. It is “venues or at events designated for vaccinated guests only”. There will be bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment areas set aside for vaccinated passengers where masks are not required at all.  Unvaccinated persons will not be allowed in those areas.  If you are vaccinated and not in one of those areas, you will need to wear a mask unless seated AND actively eating or drinking.

Face Masks
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required in your stateroom, when you are with your traveling party, outdoors, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting.

Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The parenthetical is just examples. It is “venues or at events designated for vaccinated guests only”. There will be bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment areas set aside for vaccinated passengers where masks are not required at all.  Unvaccinated persons will not be allowed in those areas.  If you are vaccinated and not in one of those areas, you will need to wear a mask unless seated AND actively eating or drinking.

Face Masks
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks are not required in your stateroom, when you are with your traveling party, outdoors, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting.

Masks won’t be required for vaccinated guests when in venues (bars, lounges, restaurants and entertainment) or at events designated for vaccinated guests only.

I am not going to argue with you we just need to agree to disagree and wait to see what really happens. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I certainly hope you are right.  Just read Carnival's new update, no masks for vaccinated people excpet for embarkation.

I have no problem with a mask at embarkation and debarkation, it the rest of the cruise I do not want to wear one not even in the hallways where I rarely pass anyone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

My problem is a bit different.  I have 4 cabins booked on Anthem's Easter sailing and if these are the requirements, I'm planning on cancelling.  I have a granddaughters aged 7-15 at sail time and I'm not going to force them to take the jab.  These protocols do not make for a pleasant family vacation. 

I expect RCL to fully refund the cruise fare in it's entirety, including any FCCs used towards the fare.  I'm also expecting full refunds of any FCCs balances due because based on these conditions will not be able to utilize.

Note:  All adults are vaxxed.

I definitely would cancel something for spring break now! Especially if you got a good price. I am pretty confident these protocols are only temporary. Probably gone after the CSO is done October 31st. 

1 hour ago, danv3 said:

It's pretty clear that Royal is expecting the mask requirements to be relaxed for vaccinated passengers, and very soon:

In the coming days, we are expecting updated guidance from the CDC on mask policies for vaccinated guests and will update you at that time.

I would be quite surprised if many, or even any, sailings happen where vaccinated passengers are expected to wear masks.

I also follow Michael Bayley and he implied on his Facebook page that changes for vaccinated passengers was coming soon. 

51 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Apologize, haven't read all 3 pages of comments, but I didn't see anywhere in the OP's post about getting tested prior to arrival and showing that information. Is this allowed?  does appear unvaccinated persons will need departure tests regardless. 

Agree this is a huge extra  expense for families with children.  And since it's been shown time and time again that children don't really get COVID and are only spreaders to immediate families if they do, and masks for younger children aren't good nor is vaccines for younger children, guess families will wait for CDC and False-uci to change their minds, maybe by 2050.

Only People 16 and older unvaccinated have to pay for testing. 

26 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Face Masks

Your interpretation looks spot on to me.  They are trying to strike a balance so that vaccinated can reap the rewards of being vaccinated (designated venues and events where vaccinated are able to go maskless) while also reducing the strain on staff to police masking (outside of the designated areas, EVERYONE must mask).

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, kearney said:

I use the surgical masks with the metal clip at the nose... I am going to see if I can get the anti fog wipes... I can't imagine what it will be like wearing one in Nassau in August... I will need a service dog to help me find my way....

We see similarly, thankfully we haven't had to wear masks as much as those from other states.  When we did, for grocery shopping, even masks with the metal nose clip, still fogged up.

Then I remembered snorkeling.  🤨

If we didn't have our anti-fog wipes or gel, we still recalled that good old 'saliva' can work.  😃

* I wonder if I wore my snorkel and mask if I'd have to also put 'a mask' on the top of the snorkel?  😅

1 minute ago, At Sea At Peace said:

We see similarly, thankfully we haven't had to wear masks as much as those from other states.  When we did, for grocery shopping, even masks with the metal nose clip, still fogged up.

Then I remembered snorkeling.  🤨

If we didn't have our anti-fog wipes or gel, we still recalled that good old 'saliva' can work.  😃

* I wonder if I wore my snorkel and mask if I'd have to also put 'a mask' on the top of the snorkel?  😅

Gee.. I used spit on my snorkel mask... probably defeats the purpose of masking, if I spit on my glasses.. 🙂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I definitely would cancel something for spring break now! Especially if you got a good price. I am pretty confident these protocols are only temporary. Probably gone after the CSO is done October 31st. 

Wouldn’t cancel! I need to proofread before I submit!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We're going ahead with our August cruise because the way y'all are rambling on about cancelling if these rules stay in place, it looks like we'll have the ship to ourselves.

Same with use for our September cruise,  and we will be fine sitting with the lepers in the main dining room since our three youngest travelers aren't vaccinated. 

I am so tired of everyone blaming the state of Florida for these requirements,  even Adventure of the Seas isn't sailing at 95% Royal was never going to hit that requirement in Florida. 

• Like 1

Everyone does need to realize, these will change many times before most of you cruise, unless you happen to be on a July sailing from Miami. So many people freak out, claim they will cancel. How foolish might you feel if you cancel due to this, and then they change everything again before your cruise would have sailed.

Regardless of what is done on the first few sailings, they will be a litmus test of protocols.

If after the first month or 2 of sailings, there are large outbreaks among un-vaccinated, they WILL lock things down more. They will have to. They might even go back to a 95% model.

If after the first month or 2 of sailings, there are no outbreaks among un-vaccinated, people will need to decide if it really is safe to go since protocols are working, or just let fear drive their decision. They might even get protocols to ease up.

Only time will tell.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, kearney said:

Gee.. I used spit on my snorkel mask... probably defeats the purpose of masking, if I spit on my glasses.. 🙂 

Spit works for swim goggles. Save $$$$.  Also "Mom spit" is good for cleaning youngsters faces. Don't think I'd ever have enough spit to defog  snorkel masks.  And glasses...EU🤢

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I am so tired of everyone blaming the state of Florida for these requirements,  even Adventure of the Seas isn't sailing at 95% Royal was never going to hit that requirement in Florida. 

Where did you hear that adventure was not at 95% vaccinated?  

I can just envision the fights breaking out over this mask wearing onboard, who gets to sit where when, etc. If what we’ve been seeing on airplanes is bad, I’m afraid it’s going to be even worse on a ship.  Hope they’ve beefed up their security teams and that they plan to kick off anyone who doesn’t comply with these rules. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pcur said:

Well, I guess this answers a lot of questions.  Thanks for posting it.  $136 per person is whopping expensive if you have a family going over the age of 16.  A HUGE incentive to get vaccinated if you want to cruise.  

I just feel bad for those people who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons.

Those people with health issues probably wouldn't even consider a cruise until it is safer for them to do so. There may be many who would have taken the vaccine if they could.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Crusie Industry News... Found it had to go back to a locked thread...

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25218-royal-caribbean-is-back-cruising-in-the-caribbean.html

Michael Bayley had a FB post - 1050 passengers 94% adults (vaccinated) 6% children (not vaccinated). I would think the CEO of the cruise line has accurate info.

• Like 4